Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Kevin Love to Suns?

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Can't be anywhere near as bad as Channing Frye.
    Love is supposed to be the franchise player. It bothers me that he can score and grab boards like an elite player but he puts no effort into defense. He would be in the same ballpark as lebron and durant if he became a good defender. We already went through the mike dantoni era, high offense didn't get us anywhere.

We need that wing defender and inside defender to make it all the way. Plumlee is good but can he develop into a tyson chandler?

I will say this though, love is the best player we can acquire in exchange for okafor and picks. If it were to happen, plumlee would need to be the starting center because he's the best rim protector we have. No more of that small ball crap that hornacek loves. It would have to be a permanent love/plumlee frontcourt.

We would still be another player short of winning it all though, I'm thinking an elite wing defender.

Btw, I know I'm being picky but realize that the last couple of years no team (except lebrons) has made the finals without a defensive anchor in the paint. Think about that.

isnt robert sarver, phoenix's owner, known as one of the cheapest owners in the league?

couldnt he just hang onto emeka's contract, so he can save the insurance money himself, rather than trading it away, and taking on more contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    isnt robert sarver, phoenix's owner, known as one of the cheapest owners in the league?

couldnt he just hang onto emeka's contract, so he can save the insurance money himself, rather than trading it away, and taking on more contracts?
    He is extremely cheap. I met him and actually had a pretty long conversation with him. Dude came up to me trying to sell ME of all people $2k+ season tickets. Trust me, I don't look like a person that has deep wallets.

Trust me, the dude DESPERATELY wants to fill the seats. He misses the arena being packed and being able to sell the tickets at a higher price because of high demand the way it was in the prime Nash era. So he's going to have to spend some cash to do that. Dragic(and Bledsoe when he returns) throwing lobs to Kevin Love and Gerald Green would definitely fill the arena. Would be an exciting team to watch. Love is an extremely marketable player who can bring some extra national media attention to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    He is extremely cheap. I met him and actually had a pretty long conversation with him. Dude came up to me trying to sell ME of all people $2k+ season tickets. Trust me, I don't look like a person that has deep wallets.

Trust me, the dude DESPERATELY wants to fill the seats. He misses the arena being packed and being able to sell the tickets at a higher price because of high demand the way it was in the prime Nash era. So he's going to have to spend some cash to do that. Dragic(and Bledsoe when he returns) throwing lobs to Kevin Love and Gerald Green would definitely fill the arena. Would be an exciting team to watch. Love is an extremely marketable player who can bring some extra national media attention to the team.
    Man I would have asked for a job if I had met him

He works downtown doesn't he?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Love's defense can be hidden by Plumlee's weak side shot blocking.

Chicago has had a pretty solid defense with Boozer for chrissakes. And they're currently second in defensive rating with Boozer and Dunleavy getting heavy minutes.

In today's NBA, you need guys willing to be in the right places and the right time more than anything else... especially if you have somebody (doesn't have to be your 24 ppg PF) to protect the rim.

Love has made strides as a defender this season. He rebounds well. And at least he's competing more often instead of begging for calls on the other end of the court. He's also discovered how to slide in and take charges. He can't protect the rim... but he's not quite as atrocious as some want to believe.

Learning to shoot layups

As far as a trade for draft picks, especially low lottery draft picks... it's important to understand the Wolves situation.

They haven't won more than 33 games in 9 seasons. The team has never won more than 31 games without Kevin Garnett. A decade-long rebuilding project was FINALLY supposed to result in a low-seeded playoff berth this season.

The fans had all of about 2 months to relish pseudo-relevancy. And now you expect an increasingly apathetic fanbase to ditch the franchise's 2nd best player and legitimate All Star for two 2nd-tier prospects?

From a PR standpoint alone... it can't happen. The team would be better served to make Love the villain and let him walk for nothing than do a deal where they don't get even one top-tier player or prospect back.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Man I would have asked for a job if I had met him

He works downtown doesn't he?
    Idk. I met him at a "We Want You Back" event before the season started that I got invited to for buying a hefty priced pair of tickets to the game against the Warriors on Dec 15th. Basically it was a free invite-only event held ON the Suns court where there was maybe 100ish fans who bought tickets and there was gourmet chefs making bomb ass food.

Sarver was there as well as coach Hornacek, Goran Dragic, Kendall Marshall, and Marcin Gortat. Hornacek and Dragic were up on stage talking about the upcoming season and answering questions. Dragic and Marshall went around talking with to fans and signing autographs as Suns staff including Sarver walked around trying to sell people on the idea of having season tickets.

Anyone who signed up for season tickets that night was allowed to have a shoot-around with Marcin Gortat. I didn't get season tickets but he shot around with me anyways after all of the season ticket buyers were done. He was a pretty funny dude. Not as tall as I expected, but then again I'm 6'5" so it's rare to see people taller than me to begin with. My 9 year old nephew had a shoot around with Sarver who was getting drunk. The kid made back-to-back 3 pointers on the actual NBA court with Sarver passing him the ball. I swear the kid is a natural sharpshooter and athlete... he belongs on the court some day. Dem mixed black/white genes are too good. lol And he got all kinds of pictures in with the half-naked sexy as f*** NBA dancers hanging all over him with their titties in his face and what not. I was pretty jealous haha

It was a pretty cool event, especially considering the whole night didn't cost me a penny. Gortat and Marshall were traded less than a week later lulz
    Last edited by wagexslave; 01-28-2014 at 11:31 PM.