Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Thank you mods and why people generalize ..

Kudos to the mods for deleting Nick Young's chinese thread. In that thread, dude argued chinese people eat babies, kill infants through abortion, and construct sh*tty skyscapers so they'll fall and kill hundreds of people.

1. Saying chinese people eat babies when it is a fact it is frowned upon by most chinese people is like saying white people love shooting up schools. He is taking a small sample and generalizing an entire group of people.

2. He also went on pouting about how dispicable it is that they kill girls through abortion. This reeks of hyprocrisy; Americans kill both boys and girls because of the same economic neccessity. 1up for the chinese for only targetting 1 gender.

3. He said the chinese are evil because they build skyscapers that would fall and kill hundreds of people. That was a blatant attempt to try whatever justification (however lame) to hate on a group of people. He's acting like chinese architectures are doing this deliberately when in fact they do not have the know how to build strong tall buildings like we do.

Generalization is such a lame kind of thinking; in fact, I would argue it is hands down the dumbest kind of thinking, and I am going to have to blame this on education again.

A. Benjamin Bloom wanted to create worker drones who are conformist. To do this he had to structure the way students think towards generalization.

B. All the outlines you do in class, grouping odds and even numbers in math, classification in biology, compare and contrast essays, heck, even the multiple choice questions are aimed to structure your mind to generalize.

C. As a result, many students stereotype and have a group mentality (y'know, clicks and gangs, popular jocks, and classifications of the geek, nerd, popular kids, etc.) because they have been conditioned to think that way.

Anyways guys, study Bloom and free your mind from this kind of bullsh*t way of thinking. There is a reason why you think the way you do and it has absolutely nothing to do with nature. It is all conditioned and done on purpose.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-28-2014 at 03:37 AM.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Thank you mods and why people generalize ..

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Kudos to the mods for deleting Nick Young's chinese thread. In that thread, dude argued chinese people eat babies, kill infants through abortion, and construct sh*tty skyscapers so they'll fall and kill hundreds of people.

1. Saying chinese people eat babies when it is fact it is frowned upon by most chinese people is like saying white people love shooting up schools. He is taking a small sample and generalizing an entire group of people.

2. He also went on pouting about how dispicable it is that they kill girls through abortion. This reeks of hyprocrisy; Americans kill both boys and girls because of the same economic neccessity. 1up for the chinese.

3. He said the chinese are evil because they build skyscapers that would fall and kill hundreds of people. That was a blatant attempt to try whatever justification (however lame) to hate on a group of people. He's acting like chinese architectures are doing this deliberately when in fact they do not have the know how to build strong tall buildings like we do.

Generalization is such a lame kind of thinking; in fact, I would argue it is hands down the dumbest kind of thinking, and I am going to have to blame this on education again.

A. Benjamin Bloom wanted to create worker drones who are conformist. To do this he had to structure the way students think towards generalization.

B. All the outlines you do in class, grouping odds and even numbers in math, classification in biology, compare and contrast essays, heck, even the multiple choice questions are aimed to structure your mind to generalize.

C. As a result, many students stereotype and have a group mentality (y'know, clicks and gangs, popular jocks, and classifications of the geek, nerd, popular kids, etc.) because they have been conditioned to think that way.

Anyways guys, study Bloom and free your mind from this kind of bullsh*t way of thinking. There is a reason why you think the way you do and it has absolutely nothing to do with nature. It is all conditioned and done on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    I know I tend to go off on a tangent but the point still stands: the mods should be applauded for not tolerating racism of any kind.

Thank you. *end thread

1. Saying chinese people eat babies when it is a fact it is frowned upon by most chinese people is like saying white people love shooting up schools. He is taking a small sample and generalizing an entire group of people.

2. He also went on pouting about how dispicable it is that they kill girls through abortion. This reeks of hyprocrisy; Americans kill both boys and girls because of the same economic neccessity. 1up for the chinese for only targetting 1 gender.

The bolding makes your points annoying to read. If you are making a logical point there is no reason to bold, we will get it. It reads so disjointed. Rambo wrote a post. This is what he thinks. It's strange.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The bolding makes your points annoying to read. If you are making a logical point there is no reason to bold, we will get it. It reads so disjointed. Rambo wrote a post. This is what he thinks. It's strange.
    I bold because I know the idiots above who tldr OMGZ I SO COOL can't help but pinpoint on the main points when they skim over it since it clearly stands out.

I bold because I know the idiots above who tldr OMGZ I SO COOL can't help but pinpoint on the main points when they skim over it since it clearly stands out.
    It doesn't really. You just bold some random words. You'll write 500 words explaining something and bold the point, which just makes it read disjointed and doesn;t sound logical unless you read the whole thing.

Essentially for those reading it, it's disjointed. For those not reading it, why are you bothering?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

In group out group behavior occurred long before Bloom, in every society ever. It even happens in other species of animals.. Pattern recognition and generalizations allow for quick decision making. Animals that commit type 1 errors are more likely to survive than animals that commit type 2 errors. People aren't conditioned to group people (we are predisposed to it), they're taught NOT to group people. And this type of teaching has been increasing for a long time.

Banned

Sensitive *** ****. Cry moar.

You took something bruinlove said seriously? You made a huge mistake.

Good job completely misunderstanding my point.

The architects themselves are not evil and don't deliberately try to kill people.

The people to blame are the government officials who allow these buildings to be put up, and having no national building standards. It is carelessness to the highest degree. There are over a billion Chinese people and surely they can get QUALIFIED architects who know what their doing to build their cities SO THIS SHIT STOPS HAPPENING. Instead they continue to allow unregulated building plans to be built with low standards of safety on the building site so people die building it, and then die again when it collapses.

GET NATIONAL BUILDING REGULATIONS, that is my point.

I never said all Chinese eat babies or enjoy it. But the fact remains that it is part of Chinese medicinal culture, that is still followed in parts of the country by some chinese people, to eat little human fetuses. Other cultures in the world don't promote the eating of babies at the level it is promoted in China.

I wasnt talking about aborting girls. Im talking about what happened in the 1990s when families were allowed one child, and many families, if they had a girl baby, would either kill it, or send it out homeless on the street so they could try again and have a boy baby.

This is why there are 50,000,000 more boys then girls now in China. Do you dispute this?

I don't see racism anywhere. I am commenting on the Chinese culture and government. I am not saying Chinese people are genetically inferior. Just that Chinese culture in general seems to promote an almost inhuman lack of empathy in regards to human life. Is this not allowed?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Benjamin Bloom, which means you're all drones...quantum mechanics...science finally catching up with ideas I read on the Wikipedia info of some guy named Kant, therefore my premise still stands. That's the philosophical approach all of you brainwashed sheeple can't comprehend. So do your homework before you're talking about adult topics. Trust me, it'll be the most intellectual conversation of your life.

Here are 5 steps for your enlightenment

1) Remember the name Benjamin Bloom and use him in random topics

2) Watch the movie The Matrix and pretend it contains deep philosophical thoughts that were unknown to mankind before you discovered them more than a decade later

3) Quantum Physics > Laws of motion. Why? Well why not?

4) Declare yourself a seeker of truth and knowledge and use the best source of wisdom known to mankind...Wikipedia, to gather valuable information nobody ever used before

5) Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem!!!

You're welcome.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 01-28-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Earned not given

There was a whole page of replies to this thread and OP had them reported and removed

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    There was a whole page of replies to this thread and OP had them reported and removed
    and all of them told him to go fukk himself.........so why not just do that

get of ISH Rambo

NBA Legend

Kudos to the mods for deleting Nick Young's chinese thread.
    Wait, isn't dat you doe??