Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thank you mods and why people generalize ..

Jesus, did you really start this thread so you could bring up Benjamin Bloom again?

Banned

Rambo would fit perfect on RealGM.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Rambo would fit perfect on RealGM.
    yeah, ...........and why would someone named "i am rambo" ask questions like these ?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5130716AA4iJUa

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Benjamin Bloom, which means you're all drones...quantum mechanics...science finally catching up with ideas I read on the Wikipedia info of some guy named Kant, therefore my premise still stands. That's the philosophical approach all of you brainwashed sheeple can't comprehend. So do your homework before you're talking about adult topics. Trust me, it'll be the most intellectual conversation of your life.

Here are 5 steps for your enlightenment

1) Remember the name Benjamin Bloom and use him in random topics

2) Watch the movie The Matrix and pretend it contains deep philosophical thoughts that were unknown to mankind before you discovered them more than a decade later

3) Quantum Physics > Laws of motion. Why? Well why not?

4) Declare yourself a seeker of truth and knowledge and use the best source of wisdom known to mankind...Wikipedia, to gather valuable information nobody ever used before

5) Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem!!!

You're welcome.
    My guess is Rambo grew up in college town, but didn't go to college.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Benjamin Bloom, which means you're all drones...quantum mechanics...science finally catching up with ideas I read on the Wikipedia info of some guy named Kant, therefore my premise still stands. That's the philosophical approach all of you brainwashed sheeple can't comprehend. So do your homework before you're talking about adult topics. Trust me, it'll be the most intellectual conversation of your life.

Here are 5 steps for your enlightenment

1) Remember the name Benjamin Bloom and use him in random topics

2) Watch the movie The Matrix and pretend it contains deep philosophical thoughts that were unknown to mankind before you discovered them more than a decade later

3) Quantum Physics > Laws of motion. Why? Well why not?

4) Declare yourself a seeker of truth and knowledge and use the best source of wisdom known to mankind...Wikipedia, to gather valuable information nobody ever used before

5) Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem!!!

You're welcome.
    Amazingly accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    elitist
    That may or may not be true, but you don't see me throwing names like Benjamin Bloom around.

I'm not against autodidacticsm, I'm against his raging insecurity and his above it all poses. He usually rages hardest against the things he desires the most, to be well liked and respected.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    There was a whole page of replies to this thread and OP had them reported and removed

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    That may or may not be true, but you don't see me throwing names like Benjamin Bloom around.

I'm not against autodidacticsm, I'm against his raging insecurity and his above it all poses. He usually rages hardest against the things he desires the most, to be well liked and respected.
    So I despise Benjamin Bloom .. I firmly believe he is responsible for 99% of the stupidity permeating in society today. It is better than some Kobe stan bringing him up every chance they get; at least I'm speaking of new sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    My guess is Rambo grew up in college town, but didn't go to college.
    I always get this, but what you retards don't realize is I know more about the educational system than you. In fact, none of you have even heard about Bloom before I came along, so doesn't it go to reason the person who knows the system the best also has the best chance of beating it?

Throughout highschool and college, I never focused on learning, I focused on memorization. Other students would struggle with the course because they were focusing too much of their energies on trying to comprehend what was thrown at them. I, on the other hand, focused on all the key topics and vocabularies, and it was all a matter of trying to remember them.

I passed with flying colors, graduated with honors, went on to college and all the cute girls were in awe with my "intelligence." I earned a bachelor and still to this day I can't recall one thing of significance I gained from my college. My true learning really came from the studies I did on my own and the job itself.

Don't assume my disdain and criticism of education comes from a lack of it, it is the proper understanding of it that has lead to it. Nobody can truly criticize something from an intellectual standpoint if they don't understand it.

Your assumption of me is completely wrong; you see, if I was just another tool like you are, then I wouldn't even begin to question the system.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-29-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I always get this, but what you retards don't realize is I know more about the educational system than you. In fact, none of you have even heard about Bloom before I came along, so doesn't it go to reason the person who knows the system the best also has the best chance of beating it?

Throughout highschool and college, I never focused on learning, I focused on memorization. Other students would struggle with the course because they were focusing too much of their energies on trying to comprehend what was thrown at them. I, on the other hand, focused on all the key topics and vocabularies, and it was all a matter of trying to remember them.

I passed with flying colors, graduated with honors, went on to college and all the cute girls were in awe with my "intelligence." I earned a bachelor and still to this day I can't recall one thing of significance I gained from my college. My true learning really came from the studies I did on my own and the job itself.

Don't assume my disdain and criticism of education comes from a lack of it, it is the proper understanding of it that has lead to it. Nobody can truly criticize something from an intellectual standpoint if they don't understand it.

Your assumption of me is completely wrong; you see, if I was just another tool like you are, then I wouldn't even begin to question the system.
    While I agree with most of what you said, try not to come across as an arrogant little **** who has clearly been editing their post profusely before posting. Also, calm down on the insults, just makes you come across as unstable.

Banned

this kid is just a lost poser and a dick head

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    While I agree with most of what you said, try not to come across as an arrogant little **** who has clearly been editing their post profusely before posting. Also, calm down on the insults, just makes you come across as unstable.
    Trust me, I'm a pretty decent poster. As is, being a d*ck is the only thing I have left to hold on to because of all the immature kids in here.

These f*ckers get really mad when you challenge their beliefs. Real mad. Then they get super mad when you use reason and logic to prove your case. Then they get extra mad when you start insulting them; then all hell breaks loose when they finally realize you're right and they are wrong.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-29-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thorton
    this kid is just a lost poser and a dick head
    See what I mean? I don't even know who this lil f*cker is and he's already calling me a d*ckhead? How else am I supposed to act around here? Geoffrey Butler from the fresh prince of bel aire? GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Generalization is such a lame kind of thinking; in fact, I would argue it is hands down the dumbest kind of thinking, and I am going to have to blame this on education again.
    you're generalizing every student in the education system from nick youngs thread.

the education system has no effect good or bad on the level of empathy a person has.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    In group out group behavior occurred long before Bloom, in every society ever. It even happens in other species of animals.. Pattern recognition and generalizations allow for quick decision making. Animals that commit type 1 errors are more likely to survive than animals that commit type 2 errors. People aren't conditioned to group people (we are predisposed to it), they're taught NOT to group people. And this type of teaching has been increasing for a long time.
    1. Generalization is a lower level kind of thinking, hence why you see it in animals. It is a natural way of thinking, but true learning is supposed to deviate away from this line of thinking and encourage more precise calculations on concrete ideas.

2. Newton started with propositions that challenged those concrete ideas (best ideas of the time); Einstein falsified those ideas. They focused on the concrete and built upon them, they didn't generalize and induct their way to them. Huge difference. This ideology is actually John Stuart Mill's Science. You assume truth is in generalization, and you break your way down to the concrete. This is why they use statistics. Stats are only probabilities and are never precise calculations of the truth. You can't derive any truths from generalizations.

This is why stereotypes are considered "truths." Nick Young truly believes his generalizations are a form of truth when it really is not.

In the early years of education, they teach classification, outlines, grouping ideas, multiple chioce questions, etc. to condition the mind to think in generalization.