Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Thank you mods and why people generalize ..

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    you're generalizing every student in the education system from nick youngs thread.

the education system has no effect good or bad on the level of empathy a person has.
    No I'm not. I'm pointing out what Bloom is trying to do. He's trying to structure the mind to think in conformity, which I found appropiate to bring up since Nick Young and most racist people are a victim of it.

Oh the Bealsanity

Was wondering what happened to that thread. Was gonna post some of my thoughts about it but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    So I despise Benjamin Bloom .. I firmly believe he is responsible for 99% of the stupidity permeating in society today.
    Here's a little challenge for you.

A. So why don't you point us to the source of the quote you keep posting from Bloom.
    The purpose of education is not to teach, but to condition the behavior of the students.

B. Summarize Bloom's actual thinking for us.

C. Show us where in Bloom's work he advocates for worker drones.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-29-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Here's a little challenge for you.

A. So why don't you point us to the source of the quote you keep posting from Bloom.
    The purpose of education is not to teach, but to condition the behavior of the students.

B. Summarize Bloom's actual thinking for us.

C. Show us where in Bloom's work he advocates for worker drones.
    1. Although I cannot quote him directly, it is in his mastery learning book where he outlines the use of Skinner's operant conditioning to manipulate the behaviors of anybody. Bloom is a behavioral psychologist. He is not an educator. It goes to reason if the educational system really wanted to develope the minds of youths, they wouldn't hire a behavioral psychologist whose expertise is in conditioning the behaviors.

Operant conditioning is evident in education:

A. It is reward based.

B. It is an authoritarian system; it doesn't allow creative thinking; either you accept what you are being taught or you don't. Teachers have the power to fail you if you don't repeat what you are being taught, and it is not their fault they can't venture beyond the textbook: they will be fired if they do.

2. He broke down his conditioning to 3 stages:

Cognitive

Affective

Psychomotor

In basic terminology, cognitive is the development of the mental stage. In this stage, he is conditioning the mind to think in association and generalization.

Affective is the emotional part. This is the part where he instructs teachers to emotionally play with the students to fully support the cognitive part. And I quote him, " This domain relates to emotions, attitudes, appreciations, and values, such as enjoying, conserving, respecting, and supporting."

So basically, this is the stage where the teachers will covertly f*ck with the students emotions to MAKE them fully accept the teaching.

The last is psychomotor. Blooms thinking is if you can condition the mind, play with the emotions, you can change the behavior. Psychomotor is basically the last stage and teachers are told to evaluate the behaviors to see if they have fully been conditioned to conformity.

It is a formula to mindf*ck the mind to change the behavior.

Cognitive + Affective = Psychomotor

Which also means

Thinking + Emotions = Behavior

If you can change the way a person thinks and not allow them to think on their own and mess with them emotionally to fully accept what they are told, you can change their behavior.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-30-2014 at 04:49 AM.

And the behaviors he wants to condition:

1. Don't question and only follow an authoritative voice. This is the reason why your schools are structure like a prison. This is why cops are guest speakers at elementary schools. This is why you can't challenge the teachers and can only question what is in the textbooks.

2. Liberal ideas. This is covertly done through history. The values you have are pretty much based on the history you learn in school, and these values are a democratic platform to win your votes. Remember how you learn about women's rights to vote? MLK and the victimization of blacks; how the south is all evilz .. how Edison and Einstein are idiots and had to work hard to get to where they are at? .. etc. (there's a lot more examples). It is also not by coincidence they also happen to be the biggest supporters of education. Conservatives condition the population through religion; Democrats have education. Either way, you are being mindf*cked at birth to support one or the other.

3. Conformity

This is the why you memorize, classify things, dress in all alike, etc. They don't want you to think on your own; they want you to be a tool, and the true goal is, really, to create more thoughtless workers who would be willing to work minimum wage.

The evidence speaks for itself: the system produces more fast food workers than true professionals.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

The evidence speaks for itself: the system produces more fast food workers than true professionals.
    Yeah because the system needs millions of architects and philosophers and no one in the fast food or janitorial industries. You always seem to forget practicality. It is not practical to have millions of children roaming the streets looking for apprenticeships. It is not practical or particularly useful to have millions of Kants and Berkeleys in society. It is practical to have workers doing menial jobs, it is important to have a systematized education system that teaches rudimentary and sometimes boring lessons. And geniuses do escape that system, how do we know? Because we have geniuses in society today. We have thousands of professionals that are coming up with creative solutions and multi-million dollar ideas all of the time. They aren't forced to stay in the system and by and large the system is incapable of containing them. Sure the system might keep some people down, but at the same time it brings a few up. People that never would have learnt to read or count by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Yeah because the system needs millions of architects and philosophers and no one in the fast food or janitorial industries. You always seem to forget practicality. It is not practical to have millions of children roaming the streets looking for apprenticeships. It is not practical or particularly useful to have millions of Kants and Berkeleys in society. It is practical to have workers doing menial jobs, it is important to have a systematized education system that teaches rudimentary and sometimes boring lessons. And geniuses do escape that system, how do we know? Because we have geniuses in society today. We have thousands of professionals that are coming up with creative solutions and multi-million dollar ideas all of the time. They aren't forced to stay in the system and by and large the system is incapable of containing them. Sure the system might keep some people down, but at the same time it brings a few up. People that never would have learnt to read or count by themselves.
    Yea but the fail rate far outweighs the success rate, so it is practical to say the system is a failure.

No amount of money pouring into the system will change this; no amount of good teachers will change this; and no amount of grounding kids from playing videogames will change this.

You got to change the curriculum; surely there has to be a better way of teaching kids how to read and write.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Yea but the fail rate far outweighs the success rate, so it is practical to say the system is a failure.
    Fail rate of what specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Fail rate of what specifically?
    The whole idea that literacy and writing is solely attrituable to modern education is a myth. Look at Thomas Paine's Common Sense, Mark Twain, and the bible were huge sellers back then. By comparison, taking the population at the time in consideration, Paine's book would of sold 60 million copies in a year compare to today's books. Sure we might have slaves who were illiterate, but we have a segment of the population in the lower class who suffer the same fate due to their economic disposition.

No amount of money pouring into the system will change this; no amount of good teachers will change this; and no amount of grounding kids from playing videogames will change this.

You got to change the curriculum; surely there has to be a better way of teaching kids how to read and write.
    You whine about shilly-shally but I don't see you finding a way to fix things. One of the reasons everything is the way it is, is because people that see the failure in things whine about it and don't care to fix it. So stop whining about it here and go fix it.

Who knows maybe you are right but in the end all you are doing is writing about and doing nothing.

Banned

3. He said the chinese are evil because they build skyscapers that would fall and kill hundreds of people. That was a blatant attempt to try whatever justification (however lame) to hate on a group of people. He's acting like chinese architectures are doing this deliberately when in fact they do not have the know how to build strong tall buildings like we do.
    Good job completely misunderstanding my point.

The architects themselves are not evil and don't deliberately try to kill people. Well, the architects are also partially to blame, they know full well they are underqualified and still put up the buildings at cut rate prices despite knowing it is going to be dangerous.

The people to blame are the government officials who allow these buildings to be put up, and having no national building standards. It is carelessness to the highest degree. There are over a billion Chinese people and surely they can get QUALIFIED architects who know what they're doing to build their cities SO THIS SHIT STOPS HAPPENING. Instead they continue to allow unregulated building plans to be built with low standards of safety on the building site so people die building it, and then die again when it collapses.

GET NATIONAL BUILDING REGULATIONS, that is my point. Its not racist to criticize city planners for hiring idiot architects that lead to the deaths of hundreds. Its not racist to point out hot foolish a government is to know this is happening on a wide scale, and continue to let the building industry go unregulated anyways.

I never said all Chinese eat babies or enjoy it. But the fact remains that it is part of Chinese medicinal culture, that is still followed in parts of the country by some chinese people, to eat little human fetuses. Other cultures in the world don't promote the eating of babies at the level it is promoted in China.

I wasnt talking about aborting girls. Im talking about what happened in the 1990s when families were allowed one child, and many families, if they had a girl baby, would either kill it, or send it out homeless on the street so they could try again and have a boy baby.

This is why there are 50,000,000 more boys then girls now in China. Do you dispute this?

I don't see racism anywhere. I am commenting on the Chinese culture and government. I am not saying Chinese people are genetically inferior. Just that Chinese culture in general seems to promote an almost inhuman lack of empathy in regards to human life. Is this not allowed? I dont see anything racist about what I said. Am I not allowed to state facts and opinions about other cultures and governments?
    Last edited by Nick Young; 01-30-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

The architects themselves are not evil and don't deliberately try to kill people.

The people to blame are the government officials who allow these buildings to be put up, and having no national building standards. It is carelessness to the highest degree. There are over a billion Chinese people and surely they can get QUALIFIED architects who know what their doing to build their cities SO THIS SHIT STOPS HAPPENING. Instead they continue to allow unregulated building plans to be built with low standards of safety on the building site so people die building it, and then die again when it collapses.

GET NATIONAL BUILDING REGULATIONS, that is my point.

I never said all Chinese eat babies or enjoy it. But the fact remains that it is part of Chinese medicinal culture, that is still followed in parts of the country by some chinese people, to eat little human fetuses. Other cultures in the world don't promote the eating of babies at the level it is promoted in China.

I wasnt talking about aborting girls. Im talking about what happened in the 1990s when families were allowed one child, and many families, if they had a girl baby, would either kill it, or send it out homeless on the street so they could try again and have a boy baby.

This is why there are 50,000,000 more boys then girls now in China. Do you dispute this?

I don't see racism anywhere. I am commenting on the Chinese culture and government. I am not saying Chinese people are genetically inferior. Just that Chinese culture in general seems to promote an almost inhuman lack of empathy in regards to human life. Is this not allowed? I dont see anything racist about what I said. Am I not allowed to state facts and opinions about other cultures and governments?
    You had an agenda to bash chinese people. Anything that people offered as a counterpoint you said basically "nope, that's not it, it's chinese people". It was pretty freaking transparent. It was what Millwad does sometimes with Israel, you just didn't have the meltdown moment he always does. You had an agenda to bash that would not be stopped. So the mods stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

The architects themselves are not evil and don't deliberately try to kill people. Well, the architects are also partially to blame, they know full well they are underqualified and still put up the buildings at cut rate prices despite knowing it is going to be dangerous.

The people to blame are the government officials who allow these buildings to be put up, and having no national building standards. It is carelessness to the highest degree. There are over a billion Chinese people and surely they can get QUALIFIED architects who know what they're doing to build their cities SO THIS SHIT STOPS HAPPENING. Instead they continue to allow unregulated building plans to be built with low standards of safety on the building site so people die building it, and then die again when it collapses.

GET NATIONAL BUILDING REGULATIONS, that is my point.

You said Chinese people homeboy; you didn't say Chinese Government. It wasn't a political conversation; I mean you said they eat babies, surely you didn't mean the chinese government mandates eating babies. You got called out for being a racist and is now backtracking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You had an agenda to bash chinese people. Anything that people offered as a counterpoint you said basically "nope, that's not it, it's chinese people". It was pretty freaking transparent. It was what Millwad does sometimes with Israel, you just didn't have the meltdown moment he always does. You had an agenda to bash that would not be stopped. So the mods stopped it.
    No I didn't. Not once. Maybe other posters said this. You are just attributing words to me that I never typed. All I did was ask questions. I never stated anything racist. You are now unfairly labeling me a racist just because it suits your agenda. You are generalizing me.

Taking the points I made for example, I think it is perfectly fair to question whether a culture that allows these things on such a wide scale lacks empathy compared to other cultures in the world that dont allow things like this to happen. If I made a similar thread about Canada or USA would you shout racist at me?

Banned

You said Chinese people homeboy; you didn't say Chinese Government. It wasn't a political conversation; I mean you said they eat babies, surely you didn't mean the chinese government mandates eating babies. You got called out for being a racist and is now backtracking.
    Does the Chinese government stop people from eating baby fetuses? Does the Chinese government outlaw it?

Does the Chinese government have high building regulation standards to ensure their new sky scrapers stop collapsing?

Is the Chinese government responsible for Chinese families throwing their newborn girl babies out on to the streets in mass?

I am only asking questions here. Stop trying to insist I'm a racist with an agenda when all I'm doing is asking objective questions.