Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Thank you mods and why people generalize ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    You whine about shilly-shally but I don't see you finding a way to fix things. One of the reasons everything is the way it is, is because people that see the failure in things whine about it and don't care to fix it. So stop whining about it here and go fix it.

Who knows maybe you are right but in the end all you are doing is writing about and doing nothing.
    Nope.

I can give two f*cks about society. It is delusional to change things. The structure is too powerful. I laugh at those who try.

My intentions are pure gold: I spread wisdom. With knowledge, you can rise above it; for example, I have revealed the system wants you to conform, so why not venture out on your own and get a real education? Why not dig into a million outside sources that provide better knowledge than the ones given to you for free?

Don't forget, "The greatest teachers are your worst enemies." - Sun Tzu

Dumb people fight against those who challenge their beliefs, smart people thank them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Does the Chinese government stop people from eating baby fetuses? Does the Chinese government outlaw it?

Does the Chinese government have high building regulation standards to ensure their new sky scrapers stop collapsing?

Is the Chinese government responsible for Chinese families throwing their newborn girl babies out on to the streets in mass?

I am only asking questions here. Stop trying to insist I'm a racist with an agenda when all I'm doing is asking objective questions.
    In the original thread you said chinese people, now you are redefining your terms to mean government. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Don't try to straw your way to a different premise now; you were a racist pure and simple in the original thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    You said Chinese people homeboy; you didn't say Chinese Government. It wasn't a political conversation; I mean you said they eat babies, surely you didn't mean the chinese government mandates eating babies. You got called out for being a racist and is now backtracking.
    No I didn't. I said Chinese culture. There is a huge difference. The government is part of creating that culture. Stop attributing words to me that I didn't say just because it suits your agenda and helps you out to label me a racist when I didn't post anything at all that is racist.

Banned

In the original thread you said chinese people, now you are redefining your terms to mean government. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Don't try to straw your way to a different premise now; you were a racist pure and simple in the original thread.
    In the original thread I asked

'Does the Chinese culture lack empathy compared to other cultures'

I am not backtracking, I am re-writing what I said because now a bunch of people like yourself are attributing words to me that I absolutely never typed.

I'm sorry that you misread what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Here's a little challenge for you.

A. So why don't you point us to the source of the quote you keep posting from Bloom.
    The purpose of education is not to teach, but to condition the behavior of the students.

B. Summarize Bloom's actual thinking for us.

C. Show us where in Bloom's work he advocates for worker drones.
    A. You couldn't find this because it doesn't exist.

B. You got this wrong.

C. Is your own opinions.

Also you know that his taxonomy has been revised and updated right?

No I didn't. I said Chinese culture. There is a huge difference. The government is part of creating that culture. Stop attributing words to me that I didn't say just because it suits your agenda and helps you out to label me a racist when I didn't post anything at all that is racist.
    Is the Chinese government bad? I agree. Are all Chinese people evil because they are under the control of their government? I disagree. I'm sure Jackie Chan does not eat babies.

Banned

Is the Chinese government bad? I agree. Are all Chinese people evil because they are under the control of their government? I disagree. I'm sure Jackie Chan does not eat babies.
    Of course not all Chinese people are evil. I never stated that ALL Chinese are evil.

I simply asked if the Chinese culture lacked empathy compared to other cultures.

I know it helps you to make labels and generalizations about me, but there is no reason to make up words and attribute them to me in order to suit your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    A. You couldn't find this because it doesn't exist.

B. You got this wrong.

C. Is your own opinions.

Also you know that his taxonomy has been revised and updated right?
    A. Bloom is a behavioral psychologist. The quote is in his book "Mastery Learning." Which I have read and you have not. Just because it does not exist on the internet does not mean it is not out there somewhere.

B. Explain to me how I got this wrong with your obvious deep knowledge of his taxonomy.

C. It is not my opinion. I am only revealing Bloom's intention. In fact, I even went into detail on how he did it.

Of course not all Chinese people are evil. I never stated that ALL Chinese are evil.

I simply asked if the Chinese culture lacked empathy compared to other cultures.

I know it helps you to make labels and generalizations about me, but there is no reason to make up words and attribute them to me in order to suit your agenda.
    Define culture.

No I didn't. Not once. Maybe other posters said this. You are just attributing words to me that I never typed. All I did was ask questions. I never stated anything racist. You are now unfairly labeling me a racist just because it suits your agenda. You are generalizing me.

Taking the points I made for example, I think it is perfectly fair to question whether a culture that allows these things on such a wide scale lacks empathy compared to other cultures in the world that dont allow things like this to happen. If I made a similar thread about Canada or USA would you shout racist at me?
    I didn't say you are racist. I said you had a point to bash chinese people. I don't know why. It's not the first time. We had the "why can't chinese people learn english properly" thread too. You argue very all or nothing always, i don't think it's racism, i just think you don't want to lose an argument. Since you are bringing that sort of obtuse reasoning to a discussion, you might want to avoid discussions which bash a group of people.

I don't think you are racist, i have no idea your reasoning behind the topic, but the way it was progressing, i see 100% why it was stopped.

Banned

Define culture.
    Culture: the attitudes and behaviour characteristic of a particular social group.

The social group in question being the one currently living in the nation state known as the Peoples Republic of China.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I didn't say you are racist. I said you had a point to bash chinese people. I don't know why. It's not the first time. We had the "why can't chinese people learn english properly" thread too. You argue very all or nothing always, i don't think it's racism, i just think you don't want to lose an argument. Since you are bringing that sort of obtuse reasoning to a discussion, you might want to avoid discussions which bash a group of people.

I don't think you are racist, i have no idea your reasoning behind the topic, but the way it was progressing, i see 100% why it was stopped.
    Thanks again niko. Look at this beta racist being revealed and now backtracking .. you're a disgrace to all racist people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko

I simply ask questions to learn more about the topic and to find out other peoples viewpoints. That's why I often ask more questions even after something was explained. Oftentimes I ask questions even if they don't align with what I personally believe, in order to try to learn and see things from different perspectives, and to generate and learn from different counterarguments.

Culture: the attitudes and behaviour characteristic of a particular social group.

The social group in question being the one currently living in the nation state known as the Peoples Republic of China.
    Ok so basically you mean chinese people under the control of the government eats babies, kill girls, and loves setting up sh*tty buildings so they can kill hundreds of people.

You see the flaw in your argument? You are trying to connect the government's laws to the way chinese people truly are. If you truly know them, you will know that most chinese people don't eat babies and are in fact disgusted by it, they want to have children than one boy, in fact, some rich celebrities are willing to break the law (and have been jailed for it) to keep more than one. And of course, the whole building part is just stupid I wouldn't even place blame on the government for this one simply because they just don't have the technological advances to hold the buildings within the same standards. I'm sure if they do, they would. Who the f*ck wants to spend millions building a skyscraper and have it fall?

Banned

Ok so basically you mean chinese people under the control of the government eats babies, kill girls, and loves setting up sh*tty buildings so they can kill hundreds of people.

You see the flaw in your argument? You are trying to connect the government's laws to the way chinese people truly are. If you truly know them, you will know that most chinese people don't eat babies and are in fact disgusted by it, they want to have children than one boy, in fact, some rich celebrities are willing to break the law (and have been jailed for it) to keep more than one. And of course, the whole building part is just stupid I wouldn't even place blame on the government for this one simply because they just don't have the technological advances to hold the buildings within the same standards. I'm sure if they do, they would. Who the f*ck wants to spend millions building a skyscraper and have it fall?
    I dont think they love setting up shitty buildings but they are certainly allowing it to happen over and over without making any attempt to regulate it. What message does that send to you?

To me it sends a message of the government, and engineers and architects responsible for the designs, who know they are incompetant but put up the buildings anyways, are simply careless in regards to the potential loss of human life.

It is wrong of you to claim that China doesnt have the 'technological advances' to put up safe buildings. The Chinese educational system, in general is great. The problem is the architects with qualifications are expensive, so the government is bringing in cheap but unqualified engineers and architects to put up their cities. The underqualified engineers and architects are also so cheap because they are using shoddy materials that dont hold up over time. The government is under no obligation to continuously contract these con artists, and yet they continue to do it time after time.

China is on par in terms of technology and education with much of the Western world, and their east asian neighboriung countries like Korea and Japan. To say that China is putting up shit buildings because no one in the country knows how to build safe ones is blatantly wrong. Even if there are no Chinese architects who know what theyre doing, there is no reason they cant outsource and bring in architects from other nations. If the government wanted these crappy buildings to stop going up, all they have to do is create a basic building code with higher standards, and regulate it.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 01-30-2014 at 12:15 PM.