Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Thank you mods and why people generalize ..

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    You can't quote him directly because your quote is distortion of his method and I seriously doubt he ever said anything like that.

I love the part in Bold. Is that supposed to scare us? You do know that there is such a thing as an educational psychologist? Also he did receive his PHD in education.No, he didn't. Those are not stages, those are domains. If you think you supposed to go through those as stages, it shows you completely misunderstand EVERYTHING about his work. Domain is simply the type of learning.

Stages would be equivalent to driving directions: you go step by step until you reach your goal.
    Domains are more like a pie chart: they are side by side, you are either in one slice or another (that's slightly simplistic, you can have overlapping domains)

Learning how a bill becomes a law would be the cognitive domain.

Learning how to control your temper would be the affective domain.

Learning how to play basketball would be the psychomotor domain.

Learning how to build a set of cabinets would be overlapping psychomotor and cognitive.

He does have a hierarchy of stages, but that is separate from his concepts of domains. In each domain you progress through the hierarchy of stages.

Here's one hierarchy of stages for the psychomotor domain based on Bloom's taxonomy.

Yeah, No.
    Your lack of understanding of Bloom's intent is absymal. There is too much to respond, so I'll just key in on one point:
    [COLOR="Red"]
    "Bloom is not a behavioral psychologist."[/COLOR]

He wrote a book called "Mastery of Learning." In this book, he laid out the foundation for his taxonomy. Here is a quick summarization of the book by Anita Hoge:

"The individualized computerized concept of mastery learning "uses conditioning," (reward & punishment) manipulating students to master the below standard, standards in this unnatural process. Only the standards will be taught & tested. Traditional education is opportunity, mastery learning is a controlled environment. Mastery learning has little to do with specific content, but rather is a description of the process of mastering particular learning objectives.

This approach is based on Benjamin Bloom's Mastery for Learning model, with refinements made by Block. Mastery learning may be implemented as teacher-paced group instruction, one-to-one tutoring, or self-paced learning with programmed materials using direct teacher instruction or computerized models. It requires well-defined learning objectives organized into smaller, sequentially organized units, otherwise known lately as Common Core Standards. Individualized, computerized instruction is a perfect partner used with mastery learning. The computer is a perfect programmed teacher to reach a perfect controlled goal.

The concept of mastery learning can be attributed to the behaviorism principles of Skinner's operant conditioning."

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    No wonder the education system has just become a factory for producing nonentities with phoney certificates.

Yeah, but in reality evolution is what produces those nonentities. The education system couldn't change that if it tried, people are fundamentally not the same. I mean some students take those same exact tests and classes, and still develop a more sophisticated mind and stronger abilities than the others. You could alter the education system to raise every child's ability to think critically, but a few would still outperform the rest.

It's the bell curve. Thick in the middle, sparse on the polar ends.

iiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiii

Gotta just accept that society is watered down with proles. Most people are average. It can't exist any other way except maybe in very small little communities. Big ol' countries? It's gotta be this way.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 02-03-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Yeah, but in reality evolution is what produces those nonentities. The education system couldn't change that if it tried, people are fundamentally not the same. I mean some students take those same exact tests and classes, and still develop a more sophisticated mind and stronger abilities than the others. You could alter the education system to raise every child's ability to think critically, but a few would still outperform the rest.

Gotta just accept that society is watered down with proles. Most people are average. It can't exist any other way except maybe in very small little communities. Big ol' countries? It's gotta be this way.
    I think there is a deliberate attempt at dumbing people down. In re-education camps, the reason why they repeat propaganda over and over is not really to get these prisoners to toe the party line, but rather to condition their behavior, make them weak, make them submissive to authority, to conform, and to be afraid of any critical thought.

Bloom's intent is to change the behaviors of the students, and not to teach. Although he's not as extreme as those camps, but you have to really consider in order to change behaviors, you have to change the thought process. It is not by mere coincidence schools are structure like prisons and there is an over emphasis on slave history.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Your lack of understanding of Bloom's intent is absymal. There is too much to respond, so I'll just key in on one point:
    [COLOR="Red"]
    "Bloom is not a behavioral psychologist."[/COLOR]

He wrote a book called "Mastery of Learning." In this book, he laid out the foundation for his taxonomy. Here is a quick summarization of the book by Anita Hoge:

"The individualized computerized concept of mastery learning "uses conditioning," (reward & punishment) manipulating students to master the below standard, standards in this unnatural process. Only the standards will be taught & tested. Traditional education is opportunity, mastery learning is a controlled environment. Mastery learning has little to do with specific content, but rather is a description of the process of mastering particular learning objectives.

This approach is based on Benjamin Bloom's Mastery for Learning model, with refinements made by Block. Mastery learning may be implemented as teacher-paced group instruction, one-to-one tutoring, or self-paced learning with programmed materials using direct teacher instruction or computerized models. It requires well-defined learning objectives organized into smaller, sequentially organized units, otherwise known lately as Common Core Standards. Individualized, computerized instruction is a perfect partner used with mastery learning. The computer is a perfect programmed teacher to reach a perfect controlled goal.

The concept of mastery learning can be attributed to the behaviorism principles of Skinner's operant conditioning."
    Thanks for confirming you don't know what the **** you're talking about. This is why you can't find a citation for that quote from Bloom you've been posting. He never said it and you're just getting that from New World Order idiots.

As for the point, in red. That is not a quote from me. So you're responding to something I didn't say. You claimed he wasn't an educator. I pointed out that he is an educational psychologist and has a PHD in education.

You then cite a conspiracist as a critic of Bloom. You may want to waste your time worrying what the author of Common Core: Indoctrination For A New World Order has to say and you may think she gives an accurate summary of Bloom's idea, but that's why you're Rambo.

I thought the anti-bloom conspiracist you were going to cite was Charlotte Iserbyt. Your ideas on education are as solid as your crackpot theories of 9/11.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 02-22-2014 at 05:05 PM.

   

you know my first question would be-- how do the g-forces feel?

(i don't know much about these issues, so can only be a PITA towards the person with the worst argument in this case!)

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Yeah, i don't even think the best education system could change it very much either, but our education system even restrains those with potential. Some gems from Mencken (he puts it far better than i could):

[QUOTE]

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

man this tread is shit !