Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Dat global warming! (It's cold as shiit)

Oh, what's that? What's that you say Progressives? Speak up, so we can hear you a little better...

It's not global warming you asshole, its climate change!!!! Call it climate change you jerk waaaaaah, climate chaaaaaaaanggggeee waaaaaah"

Oh, but... but who rushed the alarmist term 'global warming' into the nomenclature in the first place? Was it not the 'LOOK AT US, LOOK AT US BE SMART, EVERYONE WATCH US HOW SMART WE ARE, LETS GET CARRIED AWAY BEFORE WE HAVE THE FACTS SO WE CAN LOOK SMART' progressive crowd?

Was it not the truly unwise, but "fugazi smart" crowd of poser intellectuals who beat the drum for global warming since day one? And now, if you so much as even crack a joke about how we can thank 'global warming' for all this freezing weather, these guys literally piss their panties and threaten to fight you over using the word climate change instead? Amazing.

For the record I believe increased human activity surely has a correlating impact on the environment. The specifics of which I am not qualified to make proclamations about, nor were any of these little dweebs who took the global warming talking points and climbed the nearest and highest trojan horse yesterday so they could be the first to look smart, but abandoned it as soon as people found a few cracks in the wood.

Kind of reminds me of the Obama bandwagon

Banned

Default Re: Dat global warming! (It's cold as shiit)

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

It's not global warming you asshole, its climate change!!!!

Thx

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Russia is actually unusually hot right now...so much so that they were worried they couldn't host the winter Olympics

I'll just say this though...regardless of what's "really happening"..."Global Warming" was clearly way overblown by people, Al Gore being the worst example

^^^ in this film Gore projected the ice caps to be GONE by 2013...non-existent....melted away...etc

^^^ reality...ice caps still doing fine..polar bears not extinct yet

he was just flat out wrong

Global Warming extremists were wrong, and those saying it is all myth are likely also wrong...truth is probably somewhere in the middle

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Global Warming extremists were wrong, and those saying it is all myth are likely also wrong...truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Exactly. It was just 'intellectually trendy' to jump on the bandwagon. Same thing with Obama.

Posers stay posin.

KevinNYC Global Warming defense in 3...2...1...

This has been my stance but I'm probably closer to the global warming side of the scale. Extremists of any kind by nature are alarmists though. I still remember reading when I was in Pakistan in '95 that most of North America will be under water by 2009.

Global warming is a trend though, and that seems to be inherently misunderstood amongst most people. I know it's been posted before, but xkcd makes a very good point here.

^^^ reality...ice caps still doing fine..polar bears not extinct yet

he was just flat out wrong

didnt we have a big thread about this a couple months back, and it turned out that this past year was an outlier, and the trend was still clear, that the caps were receding.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    didnt we have a big thread about this a couple months back, and it turned out that this past year was an outlier, and the trend was still clear, that the caps were receding.
    it doesn't matter...my point was that Gore projected them to BE COMPLETELY GONE by 2013

he, and others, clearly took things to far and overblew things to an extreme...he was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    It's better not to sit around and argue with a bunch of computer chair-Wikipedia scientists.

Get all your snowtrolling off your chests. I'll wait.

Done?

It's called global, as in the whole Globe. It's going to be 60 in Alaska this week.

[QUOTE]Warm temps blamed for massive avalanche that cut off Alaskan town

A warmer winter is being blamed for the mammoth Alaskan avalanche that has cut off a port city

global warming as presented by Gore et al might be a myth. Climate change is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Honk Honk
    This shtick is amazing.

The caps are receding though, that's just factual.