Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Dat global warming! (It's cold as shiit)

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The caps are receding though, that's just factual.
    but at a much slower rate than Gore projected...

^^^ this was updated just yesterday

NBA Legend

The caps are receding though, that's just factual.

This thread isn't even intended to be a debate about the evidence of climate change, there are enough threads about that.

This thread is pointing out the hypocrisy of liberals who always want to SPRINT toward any idea that's new, so they can be the first to claim intellectual superiority, and act like they were 'listening to that band before they were popular'.... And then when it turns out all their huffing and puffing was misplaced, they suddenly run away and pretend like they never did it.

"Global warming!!! AAHHHH, Rednecks are so stupid for not believing in GLOBAL WARMINGGGGGG!"

--six years later-- "It's not "global warming" you redneck idiots, it's CLIMATE CHANGE. Get it right you stupid inbred dummies!!! Climate Change"

"Obama the man!!!! CHANGE, HOPE, CHANGE HOPE CHANGE HOPE, YESSSS!!!!!! Republicans SUCK, it's all about barrack obama and the democrats baby, woooh woooooooh!!

--six years later-- "Two party system is garbage, I knew it all along. There's no difference. The system is broke, anyone who thinks one side is better than the other is stupid and naive, what a crock"

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    but at a much slower rate than Gore projected...

^^^ this was updated just yesterday
    He was guilty of hyperbole trying to make a point. Not exactly shocking, a politician exaggerating to make his point? That's so rare. If you look though, people aren't saying what you are saying, they are essentially saying he is 100% wrong, not in degrees but overall.

NBA Legend

All I'm saying is, if liberals would stop overcompensating for their femininity by always trying to look like condescending, intellectual trendsters, they might not keep being exposed as frauds so often.

That's all I'm sayin.

I don't get your whole schtick. You always cry about how politics are seen as a "team sports" environment but you jump on every opportunity to attack liberals for being hypocritical and pussified. You make it painfully obvious that you try to identify with the "conservative" team with the way you make tollish, mocking threads about those darn liberals.

He was guilty of hyperbole trying to make a point. Not exactly shocking, a politician exaggerating to make his point? That's so rare. [COLOR="Red"] If you look though, people aren't saying what you are saying, they are essentially saying he is 100% wrong[/COLOR], not in degrees but overall.
    hmmm?

I am also saying he is wrong

you mean that people "ARE" saying what I am saying?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't get your whole schtick. You always cry about how politics are seen as a "team sports" environment but you jump on every opportunity to attack liberals for being hypocritical and pussified. You make it painfully obvious that you try to identify with the "conservative" team with the way you make tollish, mocking threads about those darn liberals.

Can'st thou not read, cur??

I am attacking people based on WHY they get on these political bandwagons. They attack people for being on OPPOSITE political bandwagons.

I said multiple times this thread had nothing to do with the accuracy of global warming/climate change. This thread is about people who rush to get on an ideological bandwagon, and claim with utter condescension that they are right and anyone who believes different is wrong. Then when their bandwagon capsizes, they just run to another one and do it over again. And they THINK this somehow makes them look smart. And they do it to compensate for otherwise being NOTHING.

I come to my own conclusions without the aid of party doctrine. I am pro-environment (but not a nut), pro choice, ambivalent about gay marriage, non-religious, love science, art, culture etc. I also believe in taking stands, saying 'no' when necessary, personal freedom, financial conservatism, states rights, etc.

I don't take my positions based on looking cool, because I have the brains to actually decide what is important to ME. And being popular and fitting in and getting accepted by a bunch of base shmucks who all support the same hypocritical and confounded idealogies isn't on my to-do list. But for practically every other stump out there it is.

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Generally speaking, liberals flock to climate change topics because it is an area that gives them a sense of moral superiority and self-satisfaction, even though they are very unlikely to change their personal behaviors in light of climate change (even if it is true in the magnitudes they say).

This need is due to their many psychological problems and neckbeards.

NBA Legend

hmmm?

If he said the caps were going to be GONE by now, I'm not sure what percentage of 'wrong' he could be other than 100.

Gore's view on this subject represented millions btw...his view WAS the entire "Global Warming" movement

I'm just pointing out that Gore (and his huge following) were wrong...that's all

it isn't nearly as bad as many clam, and probably isn't as good as the deniers say either...truth lies in the middle

hmmm?

The people who say Gore is wrong are oftentimes saying there is no climate change issue, that the poles are not receding, that it's completely made up. Is that your POV? He exaggerated, we are not under water yet, but the poles are melting. To say they are not to feel high and mighty that Gore exaggerated strikes me as a bit silly.

I never bit on any of this initially, but all of a sudden (in Brooklyn) i live in a world where tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes and giant snowstorms and rainstorms are a yearly occurance rather than something that I saw once or twice in 35 years. So maybe i'm affected just by what i see...

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Can'st thou not read, cur??

I am attacking people based on WHY they get on these political bandwagons. They attack people for being on OPPOSITE political bandwagons.

I said multiple times this thread had nothing to do with the accuracy of global warming/climate change. This thread is about people who rush to get on an ideological bandwagon, and claim with utter condescension that they are right and anyone who believes different is wrong. Then when their bandwagon capsizes, they just run to another one and do it over again. And they THINK this somehow makes them look smart. And they do it to compensate for otherwise being NOTHING.

I come to my own conclusions without the aid of party doctrine. I am pro-environment (but not a nut), pro choice, ambivalent about gay marriage, non-religious, love science, art, culture etc. I also believe in taking stands, saying 'no' when necessary, personal freedom, financial conservatism, states rights, etc.

I don't take my positions based on looking cool, because I have the brains to actually decide what is important to ME. And being popular and fitting in and getting accepted by a bunch of base shmucks who all support the same hypocritical and confounded idealogies isn't on my to-do list. But for practically every other stump out there it is.
    You attack people for why YOU THINK people get on political bandwagons. You've built a strawman based on the most extreme groups of both parties who like to attach themselves to talking points because it allows them to have an opinion to espouse. It is easy to develop this perception because the internet is a sounding board for people with strongly held opinions or a desire to identify themselves with a group ideology. Most normal people who have moderate beliefs and waver on important issues general sit back and keep quiet because they don't have an entrenched opinion on the issue. You've allowed yourself to get caught up arguing that exists only in certain regions (LA prob being one of them) and on the internet. It is a cynical and lazy view of the people in this country imo.

If you actually got out and discussed these topic with a variety of normal people in real life then you would probably see that people are either 1) less apt to fall for party rhetoric than you think and 2) hold strong opinions for legitimate reasons.

So what, an ice age will be result of this anyway

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    You attack people for why YOU THINK people get on political bandwagons. You've built a strawman based on the most extreme groups of both parties who like to attach themselves to talking points because it allows them to have an opinion to espouse. It is easy to develop this perception because the internet is a sounding board for people with strongly held opinions or a desire to identify themselves with a group ideology. Most normal people who have moderate beliefs and waver on important issues general sit back and keep quiet because they don't have an entrenched opinion on the issue. You've allowed yourself to get caught up arguing that exists only in certain regions (LA prob being one of them) and on the internet. It is a cynical and lazy view of the people in this country imo.

If you actually got out and discussed these topic with a variety of normal people in real life then you would probably see that people are either 1) less apt to fall for party rhetoric than you think and 2) hold strong opinions for legitimate reasons.
    Oh no doubt about it, but on THIS board, we have a bunch of intellectual pretenders like deucewallaces, realmenweargreen, sarcastic, droid101, rosecity, crisoner, etc. who do that. They're the people I'm berating and I'm doing it for fun. The difference is I'm not taking my actual political positions based on being with a crowd and competing against another one. They are. I don't believe things just because it's popular amongst those I wish to associate with. They do.

My positions are derived completely independently of any crowds or groups I want to be associated with. These people choose their positions based solely on whether they want to be seen as this or that. And you can't deny that Obama had MILLIONS of Americans blindly eating out of his hands. To act like it was just a few isolated extremists is just revisionism.

Starface...