Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: State of the Unionz (SOTU) Address

No clue what this shit is. Someone put this in retard/idiot language for me.

Is this a record for most claps in the span of an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    I find it absolutely disgusting how visibly the room was divided. Then Obama mentions Israel and Boehner and all the Republicans are suddenly all smiles and clapping.

We truly are their vassal state.
    That's just the etiquette of the event. It is just them going through the motions really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    That's just the etiquette of the event. It is just them going through the motions really.
    I don't get how this country is so divided yet every politician swears obediance to Israel. YES WE MUST KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THEM AND SUPPORTING THEM.

I guess being a puppet for Zionist interests is a bi-partisan effort

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I don't get how this country is so divided yet every politician swears obediance to Israel. YES WE MUST KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THEM AND SUPPORTING THEM.

The second the United States stops supporting Israel is the same second Israel gets attacked. "Support for Israel" is just a way to keep these Arab nations in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The second the United States stops supporting Israel is the same second Israel gets attacked. "Support for Israel" is just a way to keep these Arab nations in check.
    Do you really think we're getting a fair deal here? Israel has a more than competent military and a functioning state. The Jews living there aren't exactly starving like the ones in many of other countries out there. In fact, they're doing quite an excellent job oppressing the minorities in their own country. Israel is more than capable of defending itself.

Yet countless American blood and money is being thrown out the window to support their aggressive, apartheid state. And nobody can object to this practice without immediately being labeled an anti-semite or holocaust denier.

NBA Legend

Do you really think we're getting a fair deal here? Israel has a more than competent military and a functioning state. The Jews living there aren't exactly starving like the ones in many of other countries out there. In fact, they're doing quite an excellent job oppressing the minorities in their own country. Israel is more than capable of defending itself.

Yet countless American blood and money is being thrown out the window to support their aggressive, apartheid state. And nobody can object to this practice without immediately being labeled an anti-semite or holocaust denier.

Actually the US has always taken an interest in preventing genocide. Israel cannot stand up to the entire middle east on its own, especially considering the M.E. could probably find allies in russia or china if the united states stayed completely out of it.

Jewish people were the only people on earth who could not go to their native land in peace. So they carved out a little space and said "this is a country where we protect the right to be jewish."

Let jews have Israel and there's no need to fight. Problem solved.

National High School Star

Good God...the Republican response was awful.

NBA rookie of the year

GOP's response

Pretty face, in a nice room, in front of a fireplace, and in front of a family picture (I'm assuming hers). She never said how she was going to do things; she just repeated Obama's speech. It felt more like a Hallmark card.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Actually the US has always taken an interest in preventing genocide. Israel cannot stand up to the entire middle east on its own, especially considering the M.E. could probably find allies in russia or china if the united states stayed completely out of it.

Jewish people were the only people on earth who could not go to their native land in peace. So they carved out a little space and said "this is a country where we protect the right to be jewish."

Let jews have Israel and there's no need to fight. Problem solved.

This just isn't true. Israel is the ONLY western country that still gets away with these kind of expansionist policies in 2014. They have nukes, a top military, much more economic and financial stability.

I am not a muslim, nor an arab, nor a skinhead, but if you think Israel is defenseless or the victim in this situation, then you're wrong. I do not think that jewish people are evil or any of that stuff. But I am opposed to the United States (the so called super power) having its political actions and culture (media is ridiculously pro-israel, many jews are CEOs of top businesses) dictated by a state as deplorable and against the ideas of liberty such as Israel.

We get thousands of movies by biased jewish directors constantly reminding us of how evil our ancestors were for things like slavery, imperialism, anti-semitism. But nothing on the terrible acts that israel continues to commit to this day.

These two posts are pretty ridiculous. I suggest you go and live over there and see how safe you feel. When it comes to Israel/Palestine it tends to be that simplisitic conclusions like the ones you are drawling are wrong conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    These two posts are pretty ridiculous. I suggest you go and live over there and see how safe you feel. When it comes to Israel/Palestine it tends to be that simplisitic conclusions like the ones you are drawling are wrong conclusions.
    Would you agree that the quality of life for a Jewish person in Israel is greater than that of a Syrian or Palestinian in their respective homelands?

Hollywood does have a pro-israel bias. It is natural considering how many people working in the industry identify with the Jewish community. This isn't necessarily a bad thing in its self, but one can argue that they have an overwhelming influence proportional to their actual presence in the American population.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    LOL that's still too low if he thinks that's going to solve anything.

*And this is only for Federal employees. So this really helps like the janitors really.
    I don't have a huge issue with raising the minimum wage... if you force an expenses on companies...there should be pressure release valve. W/e % minimum wage is raised should be doubled in a corporate tax rate reduction.

Would you agree that the quality of life for a Jewish person in Israel is greater than that of a Syrian or Palestinian in their respective homelands?

Hollywood does have a pro-israel bias. It is natural considering how many people working in the industry identify with the Jewish community. This isn't necessarily a bad thing in its self, but one can argue that they have an overwhelming influence proportional to their actual presence in the American population.
    On average? sure. But i think it is incorrect to blame the plight of the palestinians on the Jews alone. The zionists settling on the West Bank and the actions of groups like Hamas have prevented any kind of settlement being reached. It is the fundamentalist extremists on both sides that make the situation so impossible because 1. They want the turmoil to continue because that is from where they derive their strength and support 2. They are religious lunatics who cannot be properly reasoned with.

The zionists - by settling there - think they are going to bring on the Messiah, and Hamas wont settle until they completely expel the Jews.