Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Religious Beliefs/Philosophy talk

Yo, interested in hearing what everyones religious beliefs are and WHY.

Me personally, agnostic. No evidence and shit that seems like it was totally made up to control and manipulate = show me homie and I'll believe
    Last edited by russwest0; 01-29-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Default Re: Religious Beliefs/Philosophy talk

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Yo, interested in hearing what everyone's religious beliefs are and WHY.

Me personally, agnostic. No evidence and shit that seems like it was totally made up = show me homie and I'll believe
    There has to be a Creator. Everything came from something. The Universe and Life can't just have randomly turned out into what it is. You can't just toss a 1000 piece puzzle in the air and have it land arranged.

If that Creator is the one from the Bible or something else is another point of discussion.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    There has to be a Creator. Everything came from something. The Universe and Life can't just have randomly turned out into what it is. You can't just toss a 1000 piece puzzle in the air and have it land arranged.

If that Creator is the one from the Bible or something else is another point of discussion.
    Well yes, I agree with the theory that something can't spawn from nothing. I just think religion was created by scared people looking for answers to questions that had none.

There has to be a Creator. Everything came from something. The Universe and Life can't just have randomly turned out into what it is. You can't just toss a 1000 piece puzzle in the air and have it land arranged
    Who said it's arranged?

To answer OP, I used to be religious. Recently dropped Christianity.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Having a creator doesn't solve the problem though. It just pushes it back. Who created the creator? Oh he has always been here? Then that negates the point about something having to have a creator. A creator is a far more complex thing to start with than a universe. If the arrangement of atoms and molecules is a stumbling block then how is having an all powerful all intelligent infinitely more complex super being more plausible?

No, not again.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Who said it's arranged?
    The laws of physics do. Everything is bound to them. Nothing can act outside of them.

Earned not given

I find it hard to believe that some super all-knowing being created the billions of stars and planets in the universe.

Banned

The laws of physics do. Everything is bound to them. Nothing can act outside of them.
    Cept me.... I guess I'm just a bad cvnt like that.

You're not making any sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    I find it hard to believe that some super all-knowing being created the billions of stars and planets in the universe.
    Why does it have to be all knowing? What if our creator was a fat retard and the stars are his farts, and all the planet are it's sh*t. Mafvckas all jump to that all knowing aspect, our creator could just as easily be the spastic stepbrother of the god-family.

We could all be the playthings of some sadistic piece of shit. God doesn't have to be benevolent.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Having a creator doesn't solve the problem though. It just pushes it back. Who created the creator? Oh he has always been here? Then that negates the point about something having to have a creator. A creator is a far more complex thing to start with than a universe. If the arrangement of atoms and molecules is a stumbling block then how is having an all powerful all intelligent infinitely more complex super being more plausible?

God Paradox #1,354

"If God doesn't know what lust feels like, he isn't all knowing. If God knows what lust feels like, he isn't all good."

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time

Why do scientists become excited when they discover stone tools with bones in a cave? Because the tools show signs of intelligence. They know these tools could not have designed themselves but that are the product of intelligent input.

The human brain is much more complex than the most complicated computer ever built. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that if man's highly intelligent brain designed the computer, then the human brain was also the product of intelligent design?

As from where God came from, he wasn't created, otherwise he wouldn't be God. He is outside of time, with no beginning or end. We can't comprehend him or we would be at his level of understanding and he wouldn't be God anymore. Just like ants can't understand how a computer works.

There are some things that have been attributed to God by religious organizations in the past that have been proven false before, like the World being 6000 years old as some believe, but these are nuts who can't reconcile science with an intelligent being.