Thread: Curly or Shemp?

Default Curly or Shemp?

Personally I can appreciate the comedic genius of both. I hate any of the 'third' stooges that followed after them though.

Default Re: Curly or Shemp?

Shemp curly moe. I like moe. Then curly. Then Shemp. My grandpa got me into this when I was a young boy. My mom even liked the way they did omelets with the pancakes and eggs and even made it like they did and still do to this day.

Thankful for this show.

Curly. What **** kinda question is this?

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I like both. But as a kid I liked Shemp more. Most people prefer Curly.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    I like both. But as a kid I liked Shemp more. Most people prefer Curly.
    Most people don't know Shemp was supposedly the 'funniest' of the howard brothers in real life. He was the most interested in acting and was actually the original third stooge until he pursued acting roles at which point Curly took his place. Than after Curly got sick he resumed his role as the third stooge. I think his comedic timing was better than Curly's, and he could handle more dialogue for his character. Curly could improv acting silly pretty well for minutes on end though I think that's probably why people liked him so much. Like I said I really like both, I don't like any third stooge that followed, Larry and Moe were getting old at that point anyways. One thing I don't like is watching the episodes after Curly had a stroke (but before Shemp replaced him), he couldn't speak in his high pitch voice anymore and he couldn't move around much let alone do any of the funny physical comedy he used to do.

   

curly all day, every day.

curly breathed life in to the stooges... he was a brilliant improviser who came up with all those little tics and attitudes and ways of doing things. shemp may have had better professional timing, but curly was magnetic and unpredictable. i mean, jesus... nobody in their right mind thinks of the classical stooges as being moe, larry and shemp.

little-known fact: curly got very depressed having to keep his head shaved. because he had a full head of hair, liked the ladies, and having a shaved head back then was an ugly look in the culture of the times. i think this may have fueled some alcoholism on his part, which directly led to his premature death.

Banned

step curry, just in another league. shump had a good rookie season but curry is better 100 times

   

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    step curry, just in another league. shump had a good rookie season but curry is better 100 times

Quote Originally Posted by cos88

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Shemp was better overall. Curly's act is one dimensional, which means it's great until it gets overdone. Whereas Shemp could so a lot more.

Needless to say, both are great, and there is no reason to pit one against the other.