Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default anyone here have and use Beats Headphones?

what's up with this trend, are they really that awesome?...are they worth the high price?

Default Re: anyone here have and use Beats Headphones?

They're overpriced and not really top quality. You can buy much better stuff for much less price.

People buy it because of the brand

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

aesthetically pleasing, but beyond that theyre pretty bad(referring to sound quality). then you look at the price, and its almost laughable.

but if you want to look like a cool, hip lifter at the gym, then theyre the headphones for you

Still in the league Marcus Thornton's Avatar

I have a pair and I don't notice anything spectacular about them.

NO reason to use Beats. Some easy recommendations...

Studio Monitors: Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Wireless Earbuds: JayBirds BlueBuds X

The AT's offer the best bang for you buck in my opinion as far as accuracy of sound for their price. these outperform pretty much any head-phones $200+ in this field. You'd have to get really high-end to beat them out.

The JayBirds are to me the best bluetooth earbuds as far as sound/accuracy. If you want something portable, not clunky, get these.

Don't ever worry about Beats.

okay, well I suspected they were more trend than anything, thx fellas

strange that those headphones are taking off like that though...that company is making a killing

I have some $12 noise cancelling headphones from Big Lots. And it's funny, I hear the same song lyrics as the people who have Beats.

"BUT the sound is so clear on them!"

Nope, I can make out everything they're saying just fine on mine. I can understand HDTV because when the picture is clear, you can see/make out things you might not see on a crappy quality TV. But I just don't get HD headphones. Like I said you don't hear any new lyrics. On my $12 ones I don't get any static, don't have any sound issues...they work just fine. I can't understand the whole "expensive headphones" thing unless you're a legit professional in the music industry.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I have some $12 noise cancelling headphones from Big Lots. And it's funny, I hear the same song lyrics as the people who have Beats.

Nope, I can make out everything they're saying just fine on mine. I can understand HDTV because when the picture is clear, you can see/make out things you might not see on a crappy quality TV. But I just don't get HD headphones. Like I said you don't hear any new lyrics. On my $12 ones I don't get any static, don't have any sound issues...they work just fine. I can't understand the whole "expensive headphones" thing unless you're a legit professional in the music industry.
    You're $12 headphones and let's say compared to $140 ATs would be the same as if you were listening to a movie through TV speakers only compared to a decent sound system. NOt saying you can't hear everything fine, but obviously the soundsystem will sound better and be punchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    You're $12 headphones and let's say compared to $140 ATs would be the same as if you were listening to a movie through TV speakers only compared to a decent sound system. NOt saying you can't hear everything fine, but obviously the soundsystem will sound better and be punchy.
    Yeah the bass is the only thing I can think of that might draw people in. Is it like car-quality bass on these things?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

you don't get actual bass though on your $12 ones...the Beats Headphones are supposed to be bass-heavy, I think that is where they try to justify the price

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I've borrowed my gf's and didn't think they were any better than my Sony headphones that are nearly 15 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    okay, well I suspected they were more trend than anything, thx fellas

strange that those headphones are taking off like that though...that company is making a killing
    Not so strange when you think about how much marketing $$ has gone into promoting those things. This is how they charge so much for a average product. I think its safe to say they have put in the most marketing over other brands right now.

My ex girlfriend bought me the Solo HD's 3 years ago when they were actually popular. They aren't as popular now as they once were, but their marketing them still using high profile athletes.

I had a warranty on them. The hand band easily breaks, and it did on the first pair. Got them replaced from Bestbuy within minutes. Same thing was bound to happen again. Got rid of them soon. they make the headband very very cheap. The plastic feeling of it alone is just a shit to deal with.

The look of it, I won't lie is great. That's all to it, the look, the marketing, basically. The sound quality coming from someone who never had a pair of earphones or headphones over $30 I would say they were decent.

For the PRICE, if I was an audiophile, I would cringe. They were definitely NOT worth the price. ESPECIALLY, considering those were just ENTRY level headphones to the collection and there are more expensive ones. I tried some Sony headphones in the mall, and those BLEW me away.

Don't waste your time or money. Appearance isn't everything when it comes to making purchases of that kind. Unless, of course, you already have a pair of audiophile like headphones and want something expensive to wear on the outside. I wouldn't do it.

solid headphones if their prices were slashed by 50%

A 50% price cut would run these headphones one of the most popular, wearable and worthy of purchasing. They should do it.

I must add though, for everyone that have super powered headphones, it wouldn't make sense to have a pair of bad ass headphones listening to bad quality songs.

Be sure to have your bit rate on songs as 320kbps. Experience the song the way it should be heard. I redid my collection a few times to have perfect quality songs. It means everything when having powerful headphones.