Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: anyone here have and use Beats Headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Nope, I can make out everything they're saying just fine on mine. I can understand HDTV because when the picture is clear, you can see/make out things you might not see on a crappy quality TV. But I just don't get HD headphones. Like I said you don't hear any new lyrics. On my $12 ones I don't get any static, don't have any sound issues...they work just fine. I can't understand the whole "expensive headphones" thing unless yothu're a legit professional in the music industry.
    I've heard things I couldn't hear on old earphones with newer, more expensive ones. It's the same exact concept of HDTV, enhancing the viewing/listening experience.

I take it all of your songs are 32 kbps .mp3 files?

Beats are overpriced though.

My $30 set of Plantronics 777 series headphones murders anything I've heard from a Beats set right now.

kings fan

I never owned or used any Beats. Good headphones or not, they attract too much attention for me to be comfortable wearing them. I have been in the headphone game for a minute tho, and for hundreds of dollars I worry more about comfort, practical design, materials, and construction than sound.

To anyone new to the world of audio, I say watch your fk** back. There's too much snake oil and bad advice on the market. I wouldn't trust anything unless there were multiple blind tests to back it up.
    Last edited by cuad; 01-29-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

I have the pro Beats model. Do I use any of them? Nope. Good thing I didn't have to buy them, but even as free headphones, I think they are worse than most of the products on the market in the same price-range and target audience. It was given in hopes that I would endorse them to clients, which I wont do, but I'll at least let people test them out if they're curious.

When it comes to people who have a wide range of hearing, they wont buy crap like these unless they prefer aesthetics over the actual sound. Instead, Beats are targeted towards people with very average hearing ability that want to stick out from the crowd. It's always one can-maker or another. It was sennheiser before, now it's beats. Who knows what will be next, but it's always someone. At least the trend of sony neckband headphones had decent drivers, and sennheiser is a n00b friendly can. Beats are just stupid.

Virtually any Sennheiser headphone literally blows Beats out of the water.

I got black studios. Sound isn't worth the price but it's a fashion statement. Bitches love em

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Yeah the bass is the only thing I can think of that might draw people in. Is it like car-quality bass on these things?
    No, punchy sound doesn't = bass. High quality headphones give you a fuller, punchy, overall sound. Like I said, TV speakers versus real stereo speakers.
    Last edited by Meticode; 01-29-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    this man speaks the truth. I own the AT's and have tried the JayBirds and both are quality. The AT's especially are really fvcking good for the price.
    They are, I don't own a pair. I've listened to a friend's pair numerous times and the reviews speak for themselves. I have some $40 JVC HA-RX700s. They are huge, but they are great for movie watching for their price. Their open sound is similiar to a decent pair of stage sound headphones around $100-$125. I'm more of a portable guy and I will be getting some of the JayBirds after taxes.
    Last edited by Meticode; 01-29-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Athm50 I heard very very good reviews from audiophiles.

Top 5 Headphones Under $200

List is pretty accurate...you can switch out a couple of other pairs depending upon opinions, but a good review.

shhhhhhh