Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Kansas is too stacked

and lol at the Gator fan still posting in this thread, ***** still wet from beating the mighty jayhawks. fvcking scrub ass program.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    and lol at the Gator fan still posting in this thread, ***** still wet from beating the mighty jayhawks. fvcking scrub ass program.
    18 days til the madness starts.

Florida is hardly a scrub program. \don't be one of those ignorant trolls on this forum, there are too many of them, and it takes away from discussing basketball.

I'd love to give you my views on the and weakness of Kansas, and would love to hear what you think.

-Wiggins has got a lot better from the start of the season, he doesn't disappear for stretches of the game anymore.

-They have a clear advantage over most teams down low when Embiid is on his game, though he still get into foul trouble early and needs to assert himself more. Call for the ball every play, you're huge. lol

- Black and Ellis are good, though Black is wildly inconsistent, and Ellis seems to be feast or famine as well.

- Point guard play is nice in transition....I'm not to impressed with the production from either Tharpe or Mason in the half court. The offense looks stagnant at times and both these guys look lost when the shot clock is running down.

- As a team they are hot garbage at defending the 3......Wiggins is probably one of the better on ball defenders I've seen in a while, but collectively they are bad on the perimeter on the defensive end.

Should be an interesting tourney this year, there really isn't any clear cut favorite, and there is no "stacked" team like the Kentucky teams of years past.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

10 straight in the toughest conference in the nation. try again, dunce.
    Toughest conference in the nation? Are you high?

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Toughest conference in the nation? Are you high?

Yea I am, so? Who's better?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ogy/conference

Lame sauce......they are ahead by fractions of a point.

It's not like they are the SEC Football of NCAA Basketball.

Lol toughest conference in the country. KU would be a fringe contender in the Big Ten. Self is one miracle Chalmers shot from being fired like 2 years ago. They're good but perennial tourney chokers.

no, they're not head and shoulders above the Big 10, but we are definitely better. Big 10 top heavy, Big 12 well rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lol toughest conference in the country. KU would be a fringe contender in the Big Ten. Self is one miracle Chalmers shot from being fired like 2 years ago. They're good but perennial tourney chokers.

lmao. at least we make tourney every year. you do realize Bill Self has the highest win percentage of any coach the past 10 years right? and I really don't think one runner up, 1 natl. title, 3 elite eights, only 2 years in which we didn't win a tourney game (and no NIT berths) qualifies as "perennial chokers". matter of fact, that's the most successful resume of any team of the past 10 years, so you sound real stupid right now. only reason why we always "choke" to shitty teams in the tourney, is because we're a high seed and everyone is a shitty team to us.
    Last edited by Goliath Uterus; 03-04-2014 at 09:18 AM.

No Embiid for the next two games.

Hope he gets better before the Madness begins.

No Embiid = Going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That is some numbskullery right there. I am not sure why people think a team with the top two NBA prospects (who are both world class defenders) and who have decent scorers surrounding them are so 'bad' or 'mediocre'.

This is EXACTLY the kind of team that wins the tourney, regular season is still very overrated, it is about getting hot at the right time, and basically every Kansas loss has been a great lesson.

I think they will be final four, and it is odd that people are so adamantly against it.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

This year there is maybe an argument to be made (although the ACC and the Big Ten are stronger IMO). Past 10 years like you claimed is a ****ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    This year there is maybe an argument to be made (although the ACC and the Big Ten are stronger IMO). Past 10 years like you claimed is a ****ing joke.

we are completing a streak of 10 conference championships in what is currently the toughest conference in the nation. that's what i was saying. although I'm sure there's been other years it was the best conference as well.

How's the humble pie tasting?

Damn, Wiggins fouled out with 41 with 1 min left in the second quarter. I legit thought he could have scored 90

[COLOR="White"]I'm just ****ing around[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Damn, Wiggins fouled out with 41 with 1 min left in the second quarter. I legit thought he could have scored 90

[COLOR="White"]I'm just ****ing around[/COLOR]
    They play halves in college.....not quarters.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

we are completing a streak of 10 conference championships in what is currently the toughest conference in the nation. that's what i was saying. although I'm sure there's been other years it was the best conference as well.
    In the last 10 years? I don't think so. Maybe 1 year? It's mostly been the ACC in the early 00's and Big East in the later. Big Ten has showed it's head recently and it's probably the toughest conference this year.