Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I need to get glasses

I need to take advantage of my eyecare benefits. I haven't worn glasses in the last 4 years since I lost my last pair. Don't like contacts.

Thinking of these Prada's:

Nice?
    Anyone wear glasses on the regular? What's a good looking pair that would last fashionably?

Default Re: I need to get glasses

I'd check out Warby Parker if I were you. They have some good looking glasses, they are cheaper than other retailers, and they do the whole "home try-on" thing where they will mail you frames to check out.

I was going to get a pair through them but I never knew that you had to get a new prescription (that eye glass prescription can expire). Seems like a BS scam to me. I just wanted a new pair of the same prescription and they told me I couldn't do it.

why are you going to come on here asking if you should get a this pair of glasses, get what the hell you want or what looks good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I'd check out Warby Parker if I were you. They have some good looking glasses, they are cheaper than other retailers, and they do the whole "home try-on" thing where they will mail you frames to check out.

I was going to get a pair through them but I never knew that you had to get a new prescription (that eye glass prescription can expire). Seems like a BS scam to me. I just wanted a new pair of the same prescription and they told me I couldn't do it.
    Thanks Buddy!
    Yeah, I just found that out to that I needed my prescription renewed. Seems funny since I most likely would have not bought a new pair and continued wearing the ones I got 5 years ago.
    Money is not really an issue since my company will pay for it. I like the designer frames due to how they fit on my face and they seem more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    why are you going to come on here asking if you should get a this pair of glasses, get what the hell you want or what looks good on you.
    what's wrong with sparking a little conversation? It's not like I'm going to be 100% influenced by people's opinions.

I recently got black ones. They're a nice look.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Been wearing glasses since the 4th grade. only wear contacts when i play sports

check out paul frank frames. its the only brand ive been wearing the past 10 years

right now i have the "instant intellectual" goofy name, i know. but they look good, and youll get a shit load of compliments

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I have a pair similar to those. Thinking about getting another pair of big hipster glasses because I can make anything look good
    Please don't tell me those frames I picked out look hipster!

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Please don't tell me those frames I picked out look hipster!
    theyre like the clive owens from the international. good choice.

   

in my pic i posted, those are tommy hilfigers... but they're merely a popular style similar to the one in the OP. just a little cleaner design.

i like 'em, but no real reason to pay extra just for some stupid fashion brand (long story).

still... only way to know for sure is to fit empty frames to your face and see how they look. if possible, bring a friend along so you can get an honest 2nd opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Been wearing glasses since the 4th grade. only wear contacts when i play sports

check out paul frank frames. its the only brand ive been wearing the past 10 years

right now i have the "instant intellectual" goofy name, i know. but they look good, and youll get a shit load of compliments
    Wow, they have some really bad names on there lol. "The Avant Gardener"

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Is your vagina dustier than usual or what?
    Last edited by Lebowsky; 01-30-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    theyre like the clive owens from the international. good choice.
    Never seem it but thanks
    i'll be sure to quote that if I do pick these up

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    in my pic i posted, those are tommy hilfigers... but they're merely a popular style similar to the one in the OP. just a little cleaner design.

i like 'em, but no real reason to pay extra just for some stupid fashion brand (long story).

still... only way to know for sure is to fit empty frames to your face and see how they look. if possible, bring a friend along so you can get an honest 2nd opinion.
    I tried them on last night shopping for frames. I don't impulse buy so I left giving myself 3 days to mull.

Cost is no issue since my company is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I like it when the frames don't go all the way around the lens.
    Yeah, I like this look too. I'm just thinking if this look would get dated. i'm not one to keep on upgrading