Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two TV shows I've been into lately ...

Both just happen to be ABC shows, and strangely enough, I rarely ever watch anything on the network with exception of the NBA, of course. Those two shows being What Would You Do and Shark Tank.

Someone once told me he believes Shark Tank is overwhelmingly fake, scripted, etc - and I don't dismiss his claim entirely, but there's a disclaimer at the beginning of each show saying they're actual negotiations between both/all included parties, so I don't know what to believe or not to believe when it comes to Shark Tank, but I'm completely convinced WWYD is 100% authentic.

Why someone would be entertained by a show like WWYD goes without much explanation. Shark Tank though, takes a little more individualized interest or taste for that kind of thing. I'm not gravitated to any of the "sharks" or their individual personalities, but I do think the blonde chick, oh my lordy Lori (Greiner) is mad fine (and that's saying something because I don't even like blonde women in general, including the vast majority of those in Hollywood, the modeling industry, etc. All I'm saying is the girl is exceptionally good looking.

I think what draws me to that show is the mixture of different business proposals. Some good, some bad, some clear BOOM where the hell did that (idea) come from? I like show in some cases they have the back story to some of the contestants (?) if that's what you'd refer to them as. After watching so many of the episodes I've realized the name of the game more than anything is simply getting your 15 minutes of fame as a means of heavy exposure - marketing your product or business.

Obviously, in many of the cases the money is needed to pump life into the business, but that isn't always the primary objective. Also, even more so than getting much needed cash is partnering with one or more of the sharks to gain their input, connections, additional desire, etc to make the product/business that much more successful. I don't care much for Cuban, but it's cool to see him on there.

Finally back to What Would You Do, I'm not a huge fan of John Qui

Default Re: Two TV shows I've been into lately ...

Well got damn... don't everyone post all at once.

Sure, I'll concede these two shows aren't exactly something posters would be knocking down doors to talk about, but when I post something that means you hit the reply button and you say something, anything. Even if you want to be a little bit[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]h and say "you stupid, don't post stupid shit. oh and quit asking idiotic questions, I'm not angry why you ask me that? Why you ask idiotic questions? Did I mention I'm not angry?" ... shit, that's better than keeping your own-granny-licking-tongue in your cheek and not even acknowledging you read my piece of turd thread.

I know you seen it, and by God you will acknowledge you did. Stand the under before I bring the thunder - ignore the blunder I'm under her I over stand with these nuts in that sweet mouth regardless of the time of the month I travel back in the time to the big bang I bring hydrogen and helium - make it rain - fast forward 13.7 billion years - make it reign - the brutal ruler fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k a pen & pencil I still school ya I got the mack 10 in the trunk ready to back yard boggie, keep it discrete rock the hoodie - now do you understood me?

Post. Reply, or else get a needle in ya eye.

I've never seen either show. One i've heard of but it has Mark Cuban and I see enough of him watching the occasional Mav game.

But i posted.

Rather watch Roseanne re-runs.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    When watching the show, the viewer as they're watching sees what's going down and in their own mind assess the situation, and actually contemplate what YOU would do if you were there on the spot in that particular circumstance.

Wow, now I finally get why the show's named that way

Honestly, those years you gave up to opiate addiction are forever gone, never to return again.

Now you're 30 something and have absolutely nothing going for you at all. You're not involved in any organized sport leagues, you don't own any businesses, you don't have any valuable assets. You're just a worthless turd.

Now what would you do if I threw your fat ass mom into a shark tank and defecated on your grandfathers grave?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Honestly, those years you gave up to opiate addiction are forever gone, never to return again.
    That sounds depressing. But he's quite lucky since he can't remember any of this...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee

WWYD and Shark Tank are 2 of my favorite non-scripted shows, especially WWYD. I almost wrote to WWYD about their holiday episode. For a show all about inclusion, they only concentrated on Christmas. My gf picked up on that first so I was waiting to let her write to them, but she got busy and now it has been a while so I didn't follow up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

F*ck it. I messaged them.

Banned

got into Shark Tank just recently , I was thinking Magic Johnson would be a good fit there (way better than that Fubu guy) plus the trash talk between him and Cuban would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Now you're 30 something and have absolutely nothing going for you at all. You're not involved in any organized sport leagues, you don't own any businesses, you don't have any valuable assets. You're just a worthless turd.

Now what would you do if I threw your fat ass mom into a shark tank and defecated on your grandfathers grave?
    You don't know me on a personal level, so you fail there. I "own" (lease the property but I own the agency) the insurance office I work out of - so I do own a business. I can guarantee you it's better than running an auto body shop, basically.

Puff, puff, pass... out. Damn, ya boi Goduzki done did it again.

I can see you going on Shark Tank trying to convince them dudes to give you $800 for 80% stake in your company. They'd ask you how you arrived at that evaluation, and you'd say "my brother told me" ... then Mark Cuban would stare you down and say "I frequent InsideHoops, being a hardcore basketball fan and all, I know about the one they called Godzuki before he created half a million aliases, ass clown after ass clown and you must be smoking something to think any of us would give you a dime, hope next time you OD on something you can actually OD on, basically... I'm out"

Godzuki be like ...

All other Sharks go out ...

Goduzki be like ...

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee

I'm just attempting to explain the show to folks who haven't seen the show and clueless as to what it's about. Jerk.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Right channel wrong shoesss. Castle and Once Upon a Time.

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    got into Shark Tank just recently , I was thinking Magic Johnson would be a good fit there (way better than that Fubu guy) plus the trash talk between him and Cuban would be epic.
    I thought about that once before. Isn't he partly employed by ESPN (ABC) already anyway? I was thinking it would make sense to have him on there; even if not a permanent member a guest nonetheless.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I've never watched either show on TV but have seen most if not all of the WWYD vids on youtube. Powerful stuff to say the least.