Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend

Default Re: If Peyton Manning wins another ring this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    he won the first 2 rings without Rice, and if it was so easy to win with Rice, then why did Young only win 1 ring with him?

The 49ers won titles. The title was not awarded to the quarterback, no matter how desperate your simplistic mind is to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    They support the Seahawks and the Mariners since they don't have teams in those sports. Portland is pretty hardcore about their WHL team, the Portland Winterhawks, rather than focusing on the NHL. I don't think I've heard enough Portland people talk about the NHL to know if there is anything close to a consensus on an NHL team. I have no strong NHL allegiance, but I pseudo root for the Ducks since I have been living about 3 miles away from the Honda Center the last 1.5 years.
    I see. I only ask because I have friends in Vancouver and they say Vancouver has adopted the Seahawks as their football team. I find that funny because I have family who live in Seattle but would rather follow LA or Anaheim and couldn't care less about Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You couldn't even name anyone on the 1981 49ers other than Dwight Clark, who is only famous for his 1 catch, and you think you could lead that team to a title?
    Dwight Clark was a fairly good receiver, and isn't just known for "The Catch". He also had Freddie Soloman and one of the GOAT defensive players in Ronnie Lott. No idea who the RB was. He had an awesome defense that year, didn't have that tough of a road to the SB, and they won despite Montana only having like 150 yards and 1 TD in the SB, but hey, let's pretend it was all Joe Montana by himself...

I know it's the chic thing to just say "he had Jerry Rice", but he won the first 2 rings without Rice, and if it was so easy to win with Rice, then why did Young only win 1 ring with him?
    Montana wasn't stellar in the first 2 playoff games of their next SB run. He threw 5 interceptions in those 2 games and yet they still won those games fairly easily due to their defense who only gave up 10 total points. That 1984 Niners team had 10 ****ing Pro Bowlers and that's not even counting guys like Clark, Solomon and Craig... The most stacked Niners team was before Rice even entered the league.

As for Young, he didn't have the same opportunities as Montana. Also, he faced those stackedass Cowboys teams in the early to mid '90s, and then injuries and concussions started catching up with him.

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Um... how do I say this? Oh yeah,

HELL F*CKING YES!

First major NW championship in my lifetime!

(Now I just need a Blazer championship and my life is complete)
    yeah it

1.A. Joe Montana
    1.B. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

johnny unitas goat as he is half lithuanian.