Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Man who tricked his gf into taking abortion pill receives 14 years

He deserved more time than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    He deserved more time than that.

Why? Rapists and murderers get lighter sentences than this sometimes. And please, I am not talking about certain basketball players. I am talking about actual found guilty convicted murderers and rapists.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...4bc_story.html

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...9687#gsc.tab=0 (charged with murder, pled guilty to manslaughter, but essentially shot a dude and killed him after an argument)

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Well then the woman could just deny ever hearing this statement. Or she just doesn't tell until it's too late to abort.
    sigh I already said:

If there were ever laws passed that gave men access to safe haven like laws, than I would require men to go down to their county's clerks legal offices and fill out some paperwork indicating and proving their desire not to be fathers. Even make them pay a filing fee and then after the local judge/commissioner approved the paperwork the male would pay process servers to serve these papers on to the mother.

The 1 week period occurs from when the male is informed of the existence of the child.

my key point is to equalize the laws between the genders when it comes to reproductive rights.

Women can abort up (at the very earliest) the 20th week, or 5 months.
    Woman can set up an adoption.
    Woman can abandon an unwanted child via safe haven laws, at approved government institutions.

Women are given 3 chances after conception to choose to not become a mother. Men should be given 1 opportunity after conception to choose to not become a father.

If a woman chooses to inform the father after 20-26 weeks or after the child is born the same principle applies. The man should still be given a choice.

People who choose to become parents (and in the united states for a female it is always a choice) and who know or should know that there is a high percentage chance their partner wont want to raise the child with them should be prepared to provide for the child financially by themselves.

Women can choose to give a child up for adoption. Woman can choose to abandon a child at a hospital.

Man should have a similar legal recourse, because women have the option.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    You signed way those rights when you decided to have sex. Just like the mother, once you decided a little pleasure is worth the risks of fatherhood/motherhood you're in it for the next 18 years whether you like it or not...

It's so simple I'm surprised so many seemingly smart people have problems with it...

If the woman is not a woman you'd want to be the mother of your child, don't screw her.

If you're not ready to be a father, don't screw anyone

accidents happen, condoms and whatever are not fool proof, every time you have sex you're saying I'm ready to be a daddy.. You don't get to bail out after the fact, the time for making responsible decisions about your life has already passed
    You signed way those rights when you decided to have sex. Just like the mother, once you decided a little pleasure is worth the risks of fatherhood/motherhood you're in it for the next 18 years whether you like it or not...
    that is my thesis. sigh. has my ability to communicate deteriorated to the point I can no longer express my views?

My thesis:
    It is not just like the mother.

Remove abortion from this debate as that should be 100% the female's decision.

1. When a female has an unwanted pregnancy she is free to start looking for adoptive parents for the child.

2. There are safe haven laws in this country which allow females to abandon unwanted children at designated government institutions. Eg. fire stations, hospitals, police stations, orphanages, etc.

Do you feel that giving a woman the option to sever ties with a child and give up all rights and obligations to an unwanted child through safe haven laws or to adoptive parents is unjust or immoral?

and if you think those are ok, why is it not ok to extend it to males?
    Why do males deserve less rights (remember we have removed abortions from the debate)? Why are women given the chance to choose when they become a mother?
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 02-02-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Why? Rapists and murderers get lighter sentences than this sometimes. And please, I am not talking about certain basketball players. I am talking about actual found guilty convicted murderers and rapists.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...4bc_story.html

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...9687#gsc.tab=0 (charged with murder, pled guilty to manslaughter, but essentially shot a dude and killed him after an argument)
    They deserve more time too.

Directly connected to part of female's body. Not part of man's body directly. You'll never win this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    They deserve more time too.

Fair enough, but not understanding why what this guy did warrants a longer than 14 year sentence. Or even 14 years itself.

If you don't want to have a kid, don't have unprotected sex. Once you get a woman pregnant, she has all the power... and that's never going to change. Every man should know this, and act accordingly. I have no sympathy for a guy who 'accidentally' gets a woman pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    sigh I already said:

If there were ever laws passed that gave men access to safe haven like laws, than I would require men to go down to their county's clerks legal offices and fill out some paperwork indicating and proving their desire not to be fathers. Even make them pay a filing fee and then after the local judge/commissioner approved the paperwork the male would pay process servers to serve these papers on to the mother.

The 1 week period occurs from when the male is informed of the existence of the child.

my key point is to equalize the laws between the genders when it comes to reproductive rights.

Women can abort up (at the very earliest) the 20th week, or 5 months.
    Woman can set up an adoption.
    Woman can abandon an unwanted child via safe haven laws, at approved government institutions.

Women are given 3 chances after conception to choose to not become a mother. Men should be given 1 opportunity after conception to choose to not become a father.

If a woman chooses to inform the father after 20-26 weeks or after the child is born the same principle applies. The man should still be given a choice.

People who choose to become parents (and in the united states for a female it is always a choice) and who know or should know that there is a high percentage chance their partner wont want to raise the child with them should be prepared to provide for the child financially by themselves.

Women can choose to give a child up for adoption. Woman can choose to abandon a child at a hospital.

Man should have a similar legal recourse, because women have the option.
    I really don't think that will work. If men has that option, then maybe women just cry rape anytime men try to weasel out. "Don't you dare file for it or I'll claim that you forced me into sex without condom." kind of thing.

In the end the law is there not for the men and women. It's for the kids. If men has that option, the here will be more kids and those kids will suffer. It's not about fairness between men and women, it's about creating a law that is suitable for the condition and culture that we live in.

shhhhhhh

that is my thesis. sigh. has my ability to communicate deteriorated to the point I can no longer express my views?

My thesis:
    It is not just like the mother.

Remove abortion from this debate as that should be 100% the female's decision.

1. When a female has an unwanted pregnancy she is free to start looking for adoptive parents for the child.

2. There are safe haven laws in this country which allow females to abandon unwanted children at designated government institutions. Eg. fire stations, hospitals, police stations, orphanages, etc.

Do you feel that giving a woman the option to sever ties with a child and give up all rights and obligations to an unwanted child through safe haven laws or to adoptive parents is unjust or immoral?

and if you think those are ok, why is it not ok to extend it to males?
    Why do males deserve less rights (remember we have removed abortions from the debate)? Why are women given the chance to choose when they become a mother?
    In Cali, if the father wants the child both 1 and 2 are off the table... The father would take custody of the child and the mother would be on the hook for child support...

If the mother were to turn the child over without notifying the father she'd be facing some criminal charges

So at least in California she doesn't have the options you're thinking she does.. it's not that simple

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

In the end the law is there not for the men and women. It's for the kids.
    Yep. people tend to lose sight of why the laws are in place in these discussions

No, If a couple agree to have a child and later they break up. The male should be forced to pay child support. And he is an immoral bum imo if he doesnt want to.

If on the other hand the male makes it clear that he isnt ready to be a parent, and the woman chooses unilaterally to raise the child on her own. She should make that decision knowing that she has to provide for the child by herself.

The fact that the child comes out of the woman's body is irrelevant to me, with the exception that she should have total and unilateral decision making on whether an abortion occurs or not.

My problem with the current laws is illustrated with the Arian Foster situation.

-Foster impregnated a 20 year old woman.
    -Foster made it clear to her he didnt want to raise a child with her. (this is the key point to me)
    -Woman is now going to bring the child to term and raise it.

The problem:
    -woman is demanding money from foster. The supposed reason for these payments is to raise the child, however the courts will usually allow the mother 100% leeway on how to spend the money. Eg. she can buy heels with that money if she wants.
    This is exactly what I was thinking of when I made my original post here. It is 100% double standard that a woman can have the decision but not the man. Say she got a secret abortion and the male wanted her to keep the baby. Judging by the logic from this case, SHE should get 14 years in prison...and yet this would NEVER happen. The courts would just tell the dude to f@ck off or the cops placing the report would just laugh and leave. It's a joke how society treats men on certain issues. I see literally no problem whatsoever with a man having the right to sign some legal papers in early pregnancy stating that he has no intent to be a father and thus be exempt from child support.

Also lol @ ppl saying zomggggg men have to take responsibility and not get their dick wet! ...and yet no one says even 1 word about women taking responsibility for their actions. It's the same as all the sham rape cases where a girl gets drunk by her own free will, makes stupid decisions and then throws some dude (who may have also been drunk) in prison to waste away. It makes me sick how skewed the judicial system is.

Just another FYI to your no-brained feminist followers, the unequal pay argument is 100% BS and has been AT LEAST since 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_L...ay_Act_of_2009

If you want to learn more about how the numbers don't show the whole story, look at these resources posted in a reddit article:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/c...mans_1/c6nmfiv
    Last edited by Dbrog; 02-02-2014 at 01:42 PM.