Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Hey Yanks, send her back to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    you think?

from the limited amount i've read, 1) the in-house procedures of an ally tend to be taken at face value, 2) refusing extradition to an ally has a political cost, and paying that cost may not be in the US' interest regardless of the details of the case.

meanwhile, knox and her family still have to live under the microscope, pay all these legal fees and so forth. IIRC her best defense against being in debt the rest of her life is her book, published last april.

life isn't fair of course, but i feel sorry for a young college person trying to complete their education overseas and basically having their lives wrecked by this collection of doofuses.

now i just read that the best-selling italian book about the case, the one that got italians and britains riled up especially, was in fact largely a work of fiction.
    Actually from what I've read denial of extradition rarely has an effect on political relationships... Like some countries refuse to extradite to the USA if a death sentence could apply.. Here we have double jeopardy laws and the Italian courts clearly don't but it could be used as a argument against extradition

Anyways there's a long ways to go, her appeal in Italy being the first, and that could be a year away from starting up...

Reading a bit on the process here in the USA first the extradition is requested to the State Department.. they kick it down the road into the court system where Knox and her legal reps would argue various points of why it shouldn't be granted... then after all that it goes back to the State department with recommendations and they decide what to do from there legally and politically

Fascinating stuff, will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the coming months/years

Quote Originally Posted by tomSR.

   

@gts,
    okay, thanks for explaining that.

I think double jeopardy will prevent any extradition.

Quote Originally Posted by tomSR.
    italians and britains can go fukk themselfes, hope she stays in the US
    You sound like a dumbass bro. Way to represent our country. If she really did it send her back to Italy.

From what I understand reading this thread it's pretty up in the air whether she was guilty or not.

Also could be a case of guilty by association, "why was she around with this creepy ass murderer dude"

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You sound like a dumbass bro. Way to represent our country. If she really did it send her back to Italy.

From what I understand reading this thread it's pretty up in the air whether she was guilty or not.

Also could be a case of guilty by association, "why was she around with this creepy ass murderer dude"
    Italians are assholes. Keep Knox in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Italians are assholes. Keep Knox in the country.

WTF! FVCK Italy! scumbags. I didn't know this, that sh1t is outrageous. Yeah, let's keep Knox here, also that should be more publicized especially in response to Italians talking about "spoiled Americans" who face no consequences.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 02-01-2014 at 06:23 PM.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

She is innocent. Italy is on a witch hunt. They don't care about truth or justice