Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default because it has to be said.. Bruno Mars

KILLED IT!!!!

Amazing performance, perhaps the best this decade. Im not even a big fan, but he ripped it.

Default Re: because it has to be said.. Bruno Mars

he was solid

He was outstanding.

I didnt watch the performance but i did hear a bit of it and to me it sounded like the drummer was actually playing the drums

He did amazing. I've always loved his old school vibe/style. The dancing when he was singing Treasure was pure James Brown-esque.

was good

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Amazing performance, perhaps the best this decade. Im not even a big fan, but he ripped it.

In terms of superbowl halftime shows? Not exactly a lot of competition there. But it was a good performance nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    In terms of superbowl halftime shows? Not exactly a lot of competition there. But it was a good performance nonetheless.
    I'll even take it a step further since I agree with you (very slim pickings).

One of the top 5 all time.

It's usually some shitty pop act or a tribute to an older group. Bruno is a pop act, but he still ripped it.

The fact that he actually performed LIVE and not rely on lip syncing alone warrants it>>>>>

I have to be honest here...I ignorantly thought he was just another pedestrian/mediocre pop artist, but he surprised me.

Talented dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I have to be honest here...I ignorantly thought he was just another pedestrian/mediocre pop artist, but he surprised me.

Talented dude.
    He's legit live. For my wife's birthday last yr I bought us tickets to see him.. I didn't really know any of his songs and it's been the best concert I've been to. Just the vibe, the audience involvement etc.

The Chilli Peppers were better.

It was an alright performance, better than most Super-Bowls in recent memory, but that's not saying much. I've never been a Bruno fan, but his performances are always better than his songs. It was a poor mans attempt at James Brown. It was better than Beyonce last year. I will never top Prince's performance (PS, he was great on New Girl.)

I don't think it was complete live though, I could be wrong. That first song he performed sounded just live the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

Talented dude.
    No shame in that.

I used to think the same, until I was surprised at some of the song he made. They'd play his music all the time and I'd think some of the music being played wasn't bad. Then I found out it was him and I admired and respected his diverse styles. I payed more attention to his work and he's actually very talented.

I take back all of the ignorant comments I made about him.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

It was an alright performance, better than most Super-Bowls in recent memory, but that's not saying much. I've never been a Bruno fan, but his performances are always better than his songs. It was a poor mans attempt at James Brown. It was better than Beyonce last year. I will never top Prince's performance (PS, he was great on New Girl.)

I don't think it was complete live though, I could be wrong. That first song he performed sounded just live the record.
    Everything was live and NO it didn't sound like the record, nothing close to it actually.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Everything was live and NO it didn't sound like the record, nothing close to it actually.

I dunno dude. Watching it at the time I thought there was a mix of live and recorded songs. I don't think it was entirely live.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

I was shocked that you could possibly prefer the Chilli Peppers over Mars' performance, but then I looked it up and realized Mars doesn't have any black in him, thus making you a neutral spectator.