Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: because it has to be said.. Bruno Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Black Eyed Peas were so bad they don't even make the list.

Oh God you're right. I remember texting a friend of mine during that debacle. Their stage had these flashing light panels and my friend said "I think that one panel isn't working because Fergie peed on it'.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    His live performances have always been good. Album? A bit lesser in value.

His hairdo screams homo tho.
    he probably wears his hair like that so he can appear a few inches taller

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    to be fair he isn't a drummer by trade.

He was trying to prove that he's a musician and all around entertainer. He wanted to pay tribute to the old school acts which is why he performed live.

This is exactly why I appreciated it. It wasn't that it was impressive drumming, I was just pleasantly surprised that he was the one doing. Many pop stars can't do anything but sing songs others wrote for them, and maybe dance.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    His live performances have always been good. Album? A bit lesser in value.

His hairdo screams homo tho

I like to think that Bruno Mars is what Michael Jackson would of been if he did everything right instead of well you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    This is exactly why I appreciated it. It wasn't that it was impressive drumming, I was just pleasantly surprised that he was the one doing. Many pop stars can't do anything but sing songs others wrote for them, and maybe dance.

good performer. saw him live last summer.

that performance was apparently all vocals, though.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Didn't Bother To Plug In Guitars At The Super Bowl

UPDATE: A rep for the Chili Peppers notified The Huffington Post that Flea had posted a response to the halftime show buzz on the band's website. In his message, Flea admitted the vocals were live, but the bass, drums, and guitar were pre-recorded.

For the actual performance, Josh, Chad, and I were playing along with the pre recorded track so there was no need to plug in our guitars, so we did not. Could we have plugged them in and avoided bumming people out who have expressed disappointment that the instrumental track was pre recorded? Of course easily we could have and this would be a non-issue. We thought it better to not pretend. It seemed like the realest thing to do in the circumstance. It was like making a music video in front of a gazillion people, except with live vocals, and only one chance to rock it. Our only thought was to bring the spirit of who we are to the people.

link

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Hater
    I'm not hating. Dude said he tore it up on the drums. He really didn't though, he did some simple shit that anyone can do with practice in a month (if you're really bad at rhythm)

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    to be fair he isn't a drummer by trade.

He was trying to prove that he's a musician and all around entertainer. He wanted to pay tribute to the old school acts which is why he performed live.

I would also like to see Danny Carey sing and dance like Bruno did.

Ha may not have been Carey good, but he displayed that he's not some run of the mill 'pop' artist.
    If you look at the quote I replied to, he acts like Bruno did something above average. The fact is, he did some beginner stuff on the drums and y'all think he's great? He probably practiced for a few weeks, if it wasn't pre-recorded.

Singing isn't something that can be learned. You can hone the skill, but you either have it or you don't. I'm sure if Danny Carey took dancing classes for a month he could pull of some beginner shit too.

I get that Bruno is a great performer (from what I hear) and it's cool that he gets down on the drums, but let's not make it more than it actually was

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbiT
    good performer. saw him live last summer.

that performance was apparently all vocals, though.

Good response by RHCP