Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Default Re: Which One Of You 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists Just Did This?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    So I am just to blindly believe in theories that doesn't have any backing up to it just because it is different?
    Yes. It'll make you feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    I dont want to be special ed though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I dont want to be special ed though...
    Don't think of it as a school. More like summer camp.

Last edited by dr.hee; 02-03-2014 at 08:05 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I made a post about this awhile back. I think it actually does make you feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I don't think it has to do with hatred of the government, as much as fear of its perceived power or insecurity over ones own lack of power. By being a conspiracy theorist you get to believe you are lifting the veil and gaining some measure of power (by way of knowledge) over the government. People that are lost and feel powerless are suddenly important and perceptive. They are no longer followers and they no longer need to find self worth in mainstream society.
    Imagine how special you must feel when you believe that you know something the majority of the population don't!

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Imagine how special you must feel when you believe that you know something the majority of the population don't!
    Agree. That's why, when being confronted with counter evidence making their claims more than shaky, they're resorting to the "You're all brainwashed...stupid sheeple" rhetoric, preserving their worldview of themselves as the enlightened minority surrounded by brainwashed idiots.

Conspiracy theories are the instagram selfie of intellectual conversations. It's making you as unique and special as a duckface photo in front of your bathroom mirror.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I don't believe everything the truthers spew, but......

Some of us have been warning about the NSA and other shit for decades but were called paranoid tinfoil lunatics.

The government was involved or partially responsible for 9/11.

Either by covering up or by aiding to a degree.

There's far too many conveniences and obstructions for them not to be responsible to some degree.

The gov has shown repeatedly that it doesn't care about its citizens, it has shown repeatedly that it is willing to do what it wants when it wants because most people won't care (even if they do question).

Let's be honest, even if 98% of the population believe that the gov orchestrated the 9/11 attacks what are they gonna do? march outside and answer polls? How is the government gonna respond? by pretending to be forthcoming and make tons of promises which they won't fulfill, just to smooth things over.

At the end of the day, truthers aint gonna do shit. Even then it doesn't matter if the truthers are 100% correct, it won't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Some of us have been warning about the NSA and other shit for decades but were called paranoid tinfoil lunatics.
    So governments have intelligence agencies, big deal. Seriously, this realization is nothing remarkable or profound. Just look at the stuff being pulled off during the cold war without modern technologies, and it's just common sense to know that today, pretty much everything is possible. I mean come on, all it took to hack into some NASA level type of shit or stuff like that is some dude at his laptot. Doesn't mean much if someone figures out that thousands of employees and a multi-million dollar budget kind of makes things even easier. Come on, that's something to be proud of? Nothing new, nothing special.

That's exactly what I was talking about...propping up non remarkable realizations in order to separate oneself from the masses.

Conspiracy theorist have this mental condition that isn't classified yet. It stems from there own failures in life and a need to feel important or better then people. It is a self defense mechanism that the mind creates. Just like when we see someone that is better than us it makes us jealous and to make ourselves feel better we despise them. Is it a coincidence all conspiracy theorist are pot heads, losers, lowlife? Its just there minds seeking importance. Thatas why they target the people more than the government by calling us names like "sheep" saying that they are "awake" but we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

So governments have intelligence agencies, big deal. Seriously, this realization is nothing remarkable or profound. Just look at the stuff being pulled off during the cold war without modern technologies, and it's just common sense to know that today, pretty much everything is possible. I mean come on, all it took to hack into some NASA level type of shit or stuff like that is some dude at his laptot. Doesn't mean much if someone figures out that thousands of employees and a multi-million dollar budget kind of makes things even easier. Come on, that's something to be proud of? Nothing new, nothing special.

That's exactly what I was talking about...propping up non remarkable realizations in order to separate oneself from the masses.
    You serious?

If you told people that the government was spying on its own civilians, the scope of how they'd do it years ago most would laugh at you. I would know, I used to get laughed at and dismissed. When we'd tell them about the gov tracking our every movement via our cellphones, spying on us through television sets, computers, knowing our exact whereabout through GPS, satellites that could zoom in on you from outer space and know exactly where you were people laughed. Again this was years ago, people didn't believe the government would either do this or had the capability to do so.

You're saying that this is "non remarkable"? f*ck outta here.

Some people even today can't comprehend it.

The government has flat out lied repeatedly, tried to cover its tracks but then exposed over and over.

You serious?

If you told people that the government was spying on its own civilians, the scope of how they'd do it years ago most would laugh at you. I would know, I used to get laughed at and dismissed. When we'd tell them about the gov tracking our every movement via our cellphones, spying on us through television sets, computers, knowing our exact whereabout through GPS, satellites that could zoom in on you from outer space and know exactly where you were people laughed. Again this was years ago, people didn't believe the government would either do this or had the capability to do so.

The government has flat out lied repeatedly, tried to cover its tracks but then exposed over and over.
    See? That's exactly what I'm talking about. The point you're currently defending isn't you "being right"...but this being something "remarkable".

In other words...the main thing here isn't whether your opinion on surveillance is backed up by facts (which it is of course), but the gratification you're getting from perceiving it as some great intellectual achievement.

I also like the simplisic "we" vs. "them" dichotomy...basically generalizing dismissing remarks by the people you've talked to into being the collective opinion of a population of more than 300 million people.

Some people can't comprehend that the earth isn't flat and Jesus didn't ride on dinosaurs. Does this make these realizations any more profound and remarkable?

It's very telling how I even agreed with your general stance on surveillance and intelligence agencies...and you completely ignore this and focus on sustaining the illusion of this being a remarkable realization instead. Doesn't matter to you that I share your opinion, what really matters is that you wanna be proud of your realization. Really shows what this is all about for you, lol. You being right is only a part of it, even more important for you self worth is thinking all the others got it wrong.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 02-03-2014 at 09:26 AM.

See? That's exactly what I'm talking about. The point you're currently defending isn't you "being right"...but this being something "remarkable".

In other words...the main thing here isn't whether your opinion on surveillance is backed up by facts (which it is of course), but the gratification you're getting from perceiving it as some great intellectual achievement.

I also like the simplisic "we" vs. "them" dichotomy...basically generalizing dismissing remarks by the people you've talked to into the collective opinion of a population of more than 300 million people.

Some people can't comprehend that the earth isn't flat and Jesus didn't ride on dinosaurs. Does this make these things any more profound and remarkable?
    "Great intellectual achievement"?

I simply stated that people didn't believe us a decade ago. Im not going around parading anything, simply using anecdotal evidence. Would it be preferable if I didn't use first hand account?

People don't believe what they don't want to believe.

If people don't want to believe in evolution and want to believe dinosaurs were being used as vehicles that's actually making my point for me. People with that same mentality that you alluded to are the same that didn't believe what the gov was capable of doing a decade ago (shit even today). That same mentality is also found in those that immediately discredit everything and anything 'conspiracy theorists' offer.

"Great intellectual achievement"?

I simply stated that people didn't believe us a decade ago. Im not going around parading anything, simply using anecdotal evidence. Would it be preferable if I didn't use first hand account?
    You called it "remarkable"...

...and again, I never said you're wrong. Just not that special. Which seems to be more important to you than being right. You're not defending your opinion (which I agree with), but the value you're assigning to it based on the illusion that your realization is remarkable compared to "them", who can't even comprehend it today
    Last edited by dr.hee; 02-03-2014 at 09:32 AM.

You called it "remarkable"...

...and again, I never said you're wrong. Just not that special. Which seems to be more important to you than being right. You're not defending your opinion (which I agree with), but the value you're assigning to it based on the illusion that your realization is remarkable compared to "them", who can't even comprehend it today
    you originally brought up "remarkable"

Even then, this is remarkable revelations whether one knew it was possible or not. It isn't about me being correct, its about the revelations themselves.

Whether you want to think of them as "remarkable" or not, that's up to you. You can't deny the impact the revelations were, some of which we may not fully understand today. We may not even have the full scope of what the NSA is doing, perhaps only a small fragment has been disclosed. Yet even in that sense the revelations have been monumental and significant.

Did that really happen lol Dam