Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Biggest choke job: 2011 Lebron or 2014 Peyton Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    2 things that doomed denver ..

1. wrong fkn game plan .. too many throws .. slinging the ball everywhere against the best secondary in the league ? fk were you thinking .. should've ran more and established the line more like they had been doing in previous games .. I have all the confidence that they could have .. I saw glimpses of being able to run it but they just abandoned it ..

2. turnovers/mistakes .. that absolutely killed any chances they had .. any

they played right into the hands of seattle .. it also didn't help that they came out shook .. I've never seen them botch a snap the entire fkn season .. and they do it on the first play in the super bowl ? ..

rasheed made a good point .. manning should've taken the sack on that pick 6 .. costly mistake .. that play was doomed from the moment he decided he was gonna throw it .. how the fk are you gonna gift seattle touchdowns with the defense they have ? ..

denver gifted seattle 16 pts off turnovers/special teams .. with just one good drive and td score from seattle(which they got in the first half) and suddenly you've spotted them 23 pts(setting aside all other scores) .. against seattle with their d, you might as well go home at that point
    Hey there you are fucc tard.

Avoiding football forum I see.

You're an idiot. I Am a prophet

Stop rambling on and on about shit. You don't know football.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    I was stunned by how bad was last game for Denver and this comparison came to my mind.

Before you come here and say Peyton did not choke, because he threw for 280 yards and completed 70% of his passes against a seattle defense, well, in my opinion his pick 6 was a definition of a choke job.

and right here is where I stopped reading b/c you clearly don't know much about football.

that pick 6 happened b/c Manning's line collapsed and let his arm get nearly taken off as he was throwing. Then his dumb ass WR just sat there and watched the ball flutter in the air instead of going over to knock it down.

To pin that completely on Manning and call it choking means you are a low information football fan who doesn't comprehend the game past who is throwing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Hey there you are fucc tard.

Avoiding football forum I see.

You're an idiot. I Am a prophet

Stop rambling on and on about shit. You don't know football.
    I'm right here bitch .. getting a prediction right doesn't mean you know shit about football .. 'I predicted a top seed with a top defense to win a game .. i'm a genius - bless fggt

like I said .. if you had lost you would be nowhere to be found until september .. no shame in being wrong about a prediction .. a lot of people predicted denver .. a lot predicted seattle .. no one knows how the game is gonna turn out in the end

Choking generally involves the game being in a critical do-or-die situation where a person, you know, chokes, or you could say in a game where a person continually fails all game long (a QB continually throws interceptions and incompletions that are his fault). Neither is the case here. It was just a case of a superior team winning and there being a blow out due to everything going their way.

Unlike basketball, the "good offense beats good defense" thing doesn't apply in football. In fact, it's probably the other way around. Seattle's defense took a giant shit on Denver's offense and there wasn't a damn thing anybody could have done about it. They did the same thing to Brees and the Saints.

Football is the ultimate team game. The media wants people to believe QB's like Manning and Brady can win by themselves, but that's a load of shit. It feels like a lot of people who picked the Broncos went with the ridiculously oversimplified logic of "well you can't bet against #18!".

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    I'm right here bitch .. getting a prediction right doesn't mean you know shit about football .. 'I predicted a top seed with a top defense to win a game .. i'm a genius - bless fggt

like I said .. if you had lost you would be nowhere to be found until september .. no shame in being wrong about a prediction .. a lot of people predicted denver .. a lot predicted seattle .. no one knows how the game is gonna turn out in the end
    Your a fucc tard. You don't know shit.

I predicted all details.

"Wilson will have higher rating than manning"- lord bless

"Blah blah blah blah. I'm a dumb fucc tard"- deuche 77

Banned

Peyton was the least of the Broncos worries last night. They were manhandled and outworked at every level. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Hustle, Energy. Hawks had the wide advantage in every area. Peyton clearly didn't have his best game, or even a good game by his standards. But he did set the SB record for most completions. SEA was just the better team.

Dunking on everybody in the park

If broncos had won there will be the talks of "manning tha goat", everybody praising him and his all time best offense.

But then his team loses and suddenly it's all team's fault, except him.

When the darlings QB's (manning and brady) win it's all about their greatness, but when they lose it's the team that's not good enough or did not play well enough.

The delusion it's too high.

Sunday i saw a peyton manning being outplayed by a sophomore russel wilson who in the first half was making clutch 3rd down passes and helping build that 15-0 lead, that eventually blew bigger with all the defensive plays.

I guess it will never be Brady or Manning fault.

Lebron 2011 and it's not even close.

Peyton 2014 is more like Kobe 2004. Both went up against the number 1 defense in the league, and arguably the GREATEST defense of all time. Both under performed hugely and were smothered by the oppositions' defenses.

Lebron, on the other hand, choked, didn't show up,etc. It's that simple.

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Lebron 2011 and it's not even close.

Peyton 2014 is more like Kobe 2004. Both went up against the number 1 defense in the league, and arguably the GREATEST defense of all time. Both under performed hugely and were smothered by the oppositions' defenses.

Lebron, on the other hand, choked, didn't show up,etc. It's that simple.

beautifully put

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

"choking" is what Peyton did in the Saints SB

the pick-6 in this SB may have been the o-line more than Peyton HOWEVER IMO Peyton did play well below his standards, anyone who watched him all year would know that he did for the most part "suck" during the SB. He was missing lots of routine throws.

and I wouldn't doubt part of the reason for his off game was "SB nerves" which I suppose could be viewed as a "choke job" however IMO Denver would have lost even with Peyton playing at his normal high level so I don't view it that way.