Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Biggest choke job: 2011 Lebron or 2014 Peyton Manning?

That team let Peyton down and he went up against one of the best defenses we've ever seen. The Broncos were just not prepared for that physical assault.

2011 LeBron. Where as with manning his team made dumb mistakes, Welker dropped ball like always and the defense shit their bed. LeBron played on both sides of the court and played like Luke Walton in the 4th

bran

like sheed said, last night was predictable. i'm still going with peyton, he almost got shut out right after a historical multi-record breaking season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    That team let Peyton down and he went up against one of the best defenses we've ever seen. The Broncos were just not prepared for that physical assault.
    Dose interceptions doe

FIrst off we SMACKED them. People underestimated our d. Football is a game of match ups. We were number one in pressuring the quarterback. Not sacks, but pressure. Hurries. Knock downs. That's all we had to do with manning. We forced plays. I mean completed 33 passes. Our defense SWARMED and didn't let them get any yards after the catch. Something they made their money on all year. We are the best d. Goat status.

Football and basketball are completely different. Basketball you are one in 5 players. Play offense and defense. Football you are one in 22 play one side.

Can't compare that. A basketball player has chance to take over a game more than a football player. Way more.

You can't compare it. Bron choked way more.

Manning and his receivers just beat the fucc down by one of the best defenses in nfl history.

Lebron actually choked. Peyton just lost. Badly.

Credit has to be given to Seattle's Defense.

Although, There were a few passes Peyton threw that just flatout missed it's intended target. Manning wasn't the sole reason the Broncos lost, but he definitely did his part.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

The definition of choking is losing when you're the favored team or squandering a comfortable lead at a critical moment. Peyton was in neither situation. Seattle was the favored team by all the experts before the game started, and Seattle jumped out to the early lead.

2 things that doomed denver ..

1. wrong fkn game plan .. too many throws .. slinging the ball everywhere against the best secondary in the league ? fk were you thinking .. should've ran more and established the line more like they had been doing in previous games .. I have all the confidence that they could have .. I saw glimpses of being able to run it but they just abandoned it ..

2. turnovers/mistakes .. that absolutely killed any chances they had .. any

they played right into the hands of seattle .. it also didn't help that they came out shook .. I've never seen them botch a snap the entire fkn season .. and they do it on the first play in the super bowl ? ..

rasheed made a good point .. manning should've taken the sack on that pick 6 .. costly mistake .. that play was doomed from the moment he decided he was gonna throw it .. how the fk are you gonna gift seattle touchdowns with the defense they have ? ..

denver gifted seattle 16 pts off turnovers/special teams .. with just one good drive and td score from seattle(which they got in the first half) and suddenly you've spotted them 23 pts(setting aside all other scores) .. against seattle with their d, you might as well go home at that point

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The pick 6 only happened because the o Lineman couldn't keep Seattle defense away from Peyton and he got nailed as he threw it. Seattles too tough.. They manhandled everyone on that broncos team from the very start. Choking to me is when you play great to start and then play terrible at the end.. Aka you pull a romo.

What Lebron did was choking.. Played great to start the series, was beasting talking shit and laughing then Mavs come back from a 15 pt fourth quarter hole and bran becomes shook as hell.

Bran also destroyed the Bulls top ranked defense the round before and then flopped against an inferior defense relatively speaking in the finals. Peyton faced inferior defenses before the superbowl and then faced a beast at the end.

Bottomline you have to give Seattle their due.. They forced the issue on Denver. Miami and bran just pissed theirs away

NBA rookie of the year

[QUOTE=Rasheed1]Manning didn't choke.. he got beat up on by a better team.

I think the people who say he choked are the ones who underestimated the Seahawks.

Just because Peyton was carving regular defenses, they assumed he would stroll into the super bowl and carve up this defense.. If you had been paying attention, you would have been able to predict that this defense would be able to get quick pressure, and the only question then was whether or not Peyton could find his receivers faster than the pressure could get to him. He can't run anywhere, so it was up to the Seattle front four to make him uncomfortable.

Seattle front four got the job done..

IMO manning would have been much smarter to just take the sack on those plays when the pressure was on him and he either was stripped or hit while throwing

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    This seahawks were clearly the vastly superior team. THe nfc was clearly vastly superior. The 49ers would have also beat either the broncos or the patriots.

Peyton played terrible, but even had he played well they would have lost.

The 2011 heat had more talent than the 2011 mavs. It was an epic choke.

agree..

Imma Eagles fan and I hadn't paid much attention to the 49ers or the Seahawks all season. I knew they had great defenses, but I hadn't really taken any time to watch their games.

I did watch the NFC championship game, and I was shocked by the pure intensity of both defenses..

It was obvious to me that Peyton would probably have a tough time with this defense..

I thought he'd do better than 8 pts but I didn't expect Denver to win the game

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    2 things that doomed denver ..

1. wrong fkn game plan .. too many throws .. slinging the ball everywhere against the best secondary in the league ? fk were you thinking .. should've ran more and established the line more like they had been doing in previous games .. I have all the confidence that they could have .. I saw glimpses of being able to run it but they just abandoned it ..
    If you have the best passing offense in the history of the NFL i think you don't have to adjust to your oponent, you have to play the way you played the whole year. And even, their running game did not work yesterday when they tried it.

And as far as i know, kaepernick was making a game winning drive making clutch passes until he forced that interception at the end. So if kaepernick could throw at them, i'm pretty sure peyton could have done a lot better.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    And as far as i know, kaepernick was making a game winning drive making clutch passes until he forced that interception at the end. So if kaepernick could throw at them, i'm pretty sure peyton could have done a lot better.
    Do you think it's possible Seattle's D prepared for Kaepernick differently than they did for Manning? They probably dared Kap to throw more and designed for pass-oriented schemes for Manning.