Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why do bandwagon fans get so defensive?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    They get defensive because they are guilty. No one likes flip-floppers.
    This.
    They can suck a dick

Banned

Yeah. I have a friend who was a fan of the Sixers, then the Hornets, then the Lakers for the one day he thought they got Paul, then the Clippers, and now he's talking about jumping to the Blazers. I've been a Laker fan since High school and he's still in his mid twenties and switching teams. He does the same with hockey teams. I tease him about it sometimes but it doesn't bother him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't think that analogy holds up well because the guy who builds a car puts a ton of skill and money into the project. A die hard is just a person who watches more games and reads more news stories. Its not like the fan is the GM and spent countless hours building the team. Demanding that someone watch every game for X number of years before they can be considered a real fan and enjoy a win properly seems kind of ridiculous to me. I can understand where people come from but it doesn't mean I don't find it silly.
    The GM would be the automobile company owner.

But I see what you mean. I'm just not a fan of superficial fans. Like I said, there are 2 teams, as a sports fan you find the one you like and hop on.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I can't remember what game it was, but once he switched 3 times in 1 game. He got shamed a lot and I haven't seen him do it in a while. It seems that now he roots for the team most people in the room are rooting for to fit in.
    LOL that type of shit probably happens in Tennis. Go in rooting for 1 guy, that guy comes out winning, and then start rooting for the other guy to make a game of it, and he does. At the end they start rooting for the original guy they wanted to win

Banned

I wonder how all these Trail Blazer fans on ISH feel about bandwagoning Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    The GM would be the automobile company owner.

But I see what you mean. I'm just not a fan of superficial fans. Like I said, there are 2 teams, as a sports fan you find the one you like and hop on.
    Yeah, I totally understand but sports are different for everyone. For some it is about loyalty but for others it is just like any other form of entertainment. I can't blame someone who wants to frontrun and watch the most exciting teams/players. Honestly, I sometimes feel like those fans are smarter than people like you and me because they don't end up investing time and energy into a team.