Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED (it's "entertainment", not a valid science documentary)

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Always failing to consider that in our giant universe that other humanoids are possible
    that traveled accross the universe to visit our pale blue dot at the very geologic instant some other 'humanoid' (or should I say ALIENOID!, MAYBE THEY CAME FIRST!!!!) to pile up some unprocessed sandstone

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED (it's "entertainment", not a valid science documentary)

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    that traveled accross the universe to visit our pale blue at the very geologic instant some other 'humanoid' (or should I say ALIENOID!, MAYBE THEY CAME FIRST!!!!) dot to pile up some unprocessed sandstone

It is possible. That is the only thing I am arguing. I don't believe that is what happened. Not sure why the word "possible" is beyond your comprehension.

Banned

human/primate behavior... why would Aliens be exhibiting human/primate behavior in the first place? Again, this brings me right back to people who can't conceptualize what it even takes to be some sort of life form. The people who believe in Aliens anthropormophise the entire concept. They look like us, they think like us etc... uh, who's to say an 'alien' form of life would even have a cellular structure, or even ANY kind of intelligence for that matter? Would it even be based on DNA? Let alone posess tissue and mass and bilateral symetry and 2 eyes 2 nostril a mouth, 2 hands 2 feet an upright posture and an intellectual capacity that parallels our own way of thinking?

You haven't ventured very far outside the box. Think critically here.
    Human ego. Same way people anthropomorphize deities. Can't imagine any 'higher life' forms being anything besides a projection of themselves.

If there is life on other planets, and I personally think it's likely there is... good chance it looks nothing like how screenwriters and costume designers conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Did you really need the link in the OP to realize the show was garbage?
    No, but I sure am glad it was made

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Human ego. Same way people anthropomorphize deities. Can't imagine any 'higher life' forms being anything besides a projection of themselves.

I bet I can bench more than these aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    I bet I can bench more than these aliens.
    I can rip the heads off androids more easily too.

I love how the Ancient Aliens narration is so careful with their wording to stay technically correct about everything they are saying. Through the entire show every crazy claim is prefaced with a statement like "Some ancient astronaut theorists believe..." or "Is it possible that ..."

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I love how the Ancient Aliens narration is so careful with their wording, so they are technically correct about everything they are saying. Count how many times they preface their crazy claims with a statement like "Some ancient astronaut theorists believe..." or "Is it possible that ..."
    The false dilemmas they create and many (heck most) 'facts' they cite which they use as their jumping off platform for proposing their ideas however, are completely untrue. That's where the documentary I posted comes in, you can see just how bad they were about using 'facts'.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-03-2014 at 05:05 PM.

The false dilemmas they create and many (heck most) 'facts' they cite which they use as their jumping off platform for proposing their ideas however, are completely untrue. That's where the documentary I posted comes in, you can see just how bad they were about using 'facts'.
    I dont disagree with any of that, just saying I find it hilarious when use these qualifying statements like "Some ancient astronaut theorists believe that ..." and follow it up with something absurd.

You dont need a 3 hour documentary to convince me that the hosts on that show are some insane motherfvckers
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 02-03-2014 at 05:13 PM.

I'm pretty sure the entire point of the show is entertainment. At least that's how I interpreted it

Banned

no one takes it seriously do they? It's a bit of light entertainment. I always thought they should link it into a new series of stargate sg-1

Anyway hasn't science already proven and found evidence that the components required to form DNA arrived on meteorites and evidence of bacteria in comet trails? No alien visits or the like but shows that life did get a helping hand from some other planet.

Virtually insurmountable odds.
    except the universe as we know it is practically infinite so...

maybe we were created by some higher power aliens and they decided to fk around with us

Banned

OP is obsessed with Ancient Alien theory. He made almost this exact thread not long ago http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312497

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the show is assumptious.

That's the entire premise of the show.

Notice the question mark?