Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Phillip Seymour Hoffman the actor

Since the other thread is now about drugs, I figured we should start a new thread about his acting. Interesting post by an actor who lost parts to Hoffman

[QUOTE]This silent entrance contains a physical intensity and emotional depth that is nowhere near what I had done in my audition. And I am struck by the alarming realization that it

NBA Legend

Default Re: Phillip Seymour Hoffman the actor

There's no way a dude had SEVENTY bags of heroin bagged up individually for single use. He had to be redistributing it to friends.

Honestly, sometimes dudes just like the power of being a 'drug dealer' and they get caught up like dat. Happened to Andy Reid's son.

Anyway, there is no way anyone can convince me heroin should be legal.

Banned

Phillip Seymour Coffin

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    Phillip Seymour Coffin

Philip Seymour Butts

From the NY Times.
    These are not antiheroes in the cable television, charismatic bad-boy sense of the term. They are, in many cases (and there are more, going all the way back to “The Talented Mr. Ripley” and even the 1992 “Scent of a Woman”), thoroughly awful people: pathetic, repellent, undeserving of sympathy. Mr. Hoffman rescued them from contempt precisely by refusing any easy route to redemption.

He did not care if we liked any of these sad specimens. The point was to make us believe them and to recognize in them — in him — a truth about ourselves that we might otherwise have preferred to avoid. He had a rare ability to illuminate the varieties of human ugliness. No one ever did it so beautifully.

NBA Legend

Also, OP couldn't even spell the name right in a tribute thread. OP will burn in hell.

Not for the misspelling. Just for bein a fakkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    There's no way a dude had SEVENTY bags of heroin bagged up individually for single use. He had to be redistributing it to friends.

Honestly, sometimes dudes just like the power of being a 'drug dealer' and they get caught up like dat. Happened to Andy Reid's son.

but dat druggy ****wit would still be alive if it were legal bro.

Go suck a dick Kevin. Because people are talking about one thing related to his death, you can't talk about his films as well? Is it impossible to have two separate conversations in a thread or something? This thread is redundant: close it.

James Lipton on TV. "Greatest actor of his generation."
    https://grabien.com/file.php?id=13653&searchorder=date

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I wish I could have seen them work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    The accessability is good enough that it doesn't make any difference if it's legal or not. People don't refrain from drugs, because they're illegal. Else everybody would be an alcoholic.

Legality and distribution through the goverment and/or controlled business would take away the lacing and especially alot of drug related crimes.

Easily the best thing in Charlie Wilson's War

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ_4m2ocxhI (R-rated clip if that matters to you)

   

i only saw about a half dozen of his films, and that's not including capote.

man, talk about some homework... but at least it should be enjoyable homework.

my favorite role of his was as a transvestite who provided robert deniro musical therapy as a treatment for being disabled by a stroke. mediocre film, but pretty gung-ho performances by those two. flawless (1999).

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    The accessability is good enough that it doesn't make any difference if it's legal or not. People don't refrain from drugs, because they're illegal. Else everybody would be an alcoholic.

Legality and distribution through the goverment and/or controlled business would take away the lacing and especially alot of drug related crimes.

You cant have the government distributing something that is so directly linked to depression and death. I dont even like the ease with which people can get prescription pills right now. Its way too easy.

Most people dont wanna live in a world with junkie ass zombies breakin in their car to steal a stereo they can pawn for a fix. Keep this country clean, and GOD BLESS THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    but dat druggy ****wit would still be alive if it were legal bro.

Go suck a dick Kevin. Because people are talking about one thing related to his death, you can't talk about his films as well? Is it impossible to have two separate conversations in a thread or something? This thread is redundant: close it.

he's only interested in discussion when knocking down flimsy longhornfan arguments as a reason to spam his paragraphs of bullshit.