Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Phillip Seymour Hoffman the actor

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You cant have the government distributing something that is so directly linked to depression and death. I dont even like the ease with which people can get prescription pills right now. Its way too easy.

Most people dont wanna live in a world with junkie ass zombies breakin in their car to steal a stereo they can pawn for a fix. Keep this country clean, and GOD BLESS THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA!
    Legal distribution for addicts by the goverment would take away the car stereo stealing.

Again, why isn't everyone an alcoholic? It's legal. It has the highest drug related health issues of any substance aside from maybe nicotine.

Some people really act like housewives would start shooting up, if Heroin was legal. In most cases drugs are a conscious decision.

   

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

First time seein that. Outstanding.

But wait a minute, those aren't Skittles in his hand, are they....? Uh oh!
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 02-03-2014 at 08:18 PM.

i only saw about a half dozen of his films, and that's not including capote.

man, talk about some homework... but at least it should be enjoyable homework.

my favorite role of his was as a transvestite who provided robert deniro musical therapy as a treatment for being disabled by a stroke. mediocre film, but pretty gung-ho performances by those two. flawless (1999).
    The Master may be his best performance if you haven't seen that.

If you haven't seen Happiness, it's a very, very dark comedy that might be up your alley.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 02-03-2014 at 08:24 PM.

   

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    The Master may be his best performance if you haven't seen that.

If you haven't seen happiness, it's a very, very dark comedy that might be up your alley.
    wow, there are several interesting films with those names, but i see the ones you mean.

happiness almost sounds like a vague update of hannah and her sisters. the master interests me in being something of an examination of religion and evangelism.

hopefully there will be some good bios coming out about hoffman's inner world. i really enjoyed reading about depardieu, brando, cary grant in particular... their intensities and inner turmoils and how they directed those energies in to their craft. where it worked and where it crashed and burned...

wow, there are several interesting films with those names, but i see the ones you mean.

happiness almost sounds like a vague update of hannah and her sisters. the master interests me in being something of an examination of religion and evangelism.

hopefully there will be some good bios coming out about hoffman's inner world. i really enjoyed reading about depardieu, brando, cary grant in particular... their intensities and inner turmoils and how they directed those energies in to their craft. where it worked and where it crashed and burned...
    The Master is kind of based on L. Ron Hubbard, but it's not a biopic. It's more about the idea of a cult leader.

I haven't seen Happiness in a long time, but I don't think it reminded me at all of Hannah and Her Sisters. It's much more misanthropic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    what a fat fvk
    Yeah, but he looks good with a mullet.

I said it in the other thread but I'll post it here as well:

I've seen all of his films, and my all time favorite PSH performance is in Love Liza. It's an incredible movie, and PSH's brother Gordy Hoffman wrote the screenplay.

Love Liza Trailer

Have to check that out. Netflix has Hard Eight on Streaming and I'm just up to the part where he comes in

   

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    LOLwut

Making something legal will stop poor addicts from stealing stuff?
    No, but giving lost cases their daily dose for free might keep them away from stealing - the problem is that the broke in car, the stolen radio is actually a good thing for everyone but him, because the owner has to buy a new radio and window.

In my city there's a program that hands out free "injection kits", so junkies don't use used needles in order to prevent drug related deseases. Why not take it one step further and supply them with the drug itself, so they don't steal, sell their bodies, etc?

Everybody from the goverment down to the streetworkers who help them knows the will try to get what they need regardless. It would just take away alot of drug related crime.

General legalization would take away syndicates, middlemen and to some extent streetdealers.

Just imagine if Budweiser got a license to sell weed. If they sell their stuff for 75% of the streetprice and with no legal problems for producer, shop and customer don't you think it would take away alot from the people that make money off something forbidden?

Same for harder drugs.

The goverments biggest problem is still to admit that prohibition on drugs doesn't affect the users. If you want to get rid of hard drugs you have to have a society without psychological problems, which simply can't exist.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    In my city there's a program that hands out free "injection kits", so junkies don't use used needles in order to prevent drug related deseases. Why not take it one step further and supply them with the drug itself, so they don't steal, sell their bodies, etc?

I think taking it a step further (in a positive direction) would involve denying them access to clean needles, that way they can die off faster, no?

Banned

In memory of PSH everyone should watch his most underrated film Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    In memory of PSH everyone should watch his most underrated film Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.
    For folks who are new to him, I think I would put that at top. I think other movies/roles are better but those are for folks who into more offbeat films. Not everyone is going to appreciate the Master.

But Before the Devil Knows your dead is a very believable crime flick.

However, there is one spoiler I won't mention that might just take you right out of the film.

Banned