Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why are designers trying to bring cross dressing...

to the Hip-Hop culture?

You can't tell me that's not a blouse dog.

There's nothing wrong with being gay or cross dressing if that's your thing but I don't like these types of fashions marketed to young straight men. Nobody needs to know you like that boy puts some damn pants on. Fashion is one thing but damnit I KNOW YOUR NUTS IS CRAMPED THEN A MFER! A man should be in clothes that allow him to work and move around if need be and you can't do shit with some shrink wrap slacks on.

Some of these guys need to just come out and be who they are because this is confusing and downright weird.

It is fashion [or them plugging new, outlandish designers]? Are the guys gay/bisexual and just expressing their free-will? What is going on?
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-04-2014 at 02:18 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Why are designers trying to bring cross dressing...

It is just the way of fashion. Go and look at the rockers from the 70s and 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Shock value I suppose. Rapping about drive-by's isn't selling anymore.

Why are hip-hop fans so insecure about stuff like this?
    I don't remember kids questioning Kurt Cobain's sexuality when he was wearing dresses in 1993.

Also, famous people just like to wear things normal people can't afford or won't wear in public.

I dont see anything sexual in it.
    ^Because it's not your culture. I tried to make people understand in the OP that I do not have a problem with people living how they'd like but the fashions are getting out of control. I don't think anyone is gay for wearing tight clothes/women's clothes it's up to the individual's actions to decide who they are.

There is no functionality in a man wearing skin tight clothes...Men don't wear dresses and skin tight clothes because of our anatomy. It's not a mystery. I know this stuff [extreme fads] passes with time but it's kind of sad to see young straight men dress like women for attention imho.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-04-2014 at 02:52 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    ^Because it's not your culture. I tried to make people understand in the OP that I do not have a problem with people living how they'd like but the fashions are getting out of control.

There is no functionality in a man wearing skin tight clothes...I know this stuff [extreme fads] passes with time but it's kind of sad to see young straight men dress like women for attention imho.
    Culture is not static. They are constantly changing. What Hip-hop culture was in the 80s was not exactly the same as it was in the 90s. The 90s weren't the same as the 00s and the 00s won't be the same as the 10s. Saying something is or isn't a part of a culture makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Culture is not static. They are constantly changing. What Hip-hop culture was in the 80s was not exactly the same as it was in the 90s. The 90s weren't the same as the 00s and the 00s won't be the same as the 10s. Saying something is or isn't a part of a culture makes no sense.
    Well maybe you should take a few classes then man. Some basic things about a culture stays the same or it changes into something else.

Polynesians and Irishmen wear something like dresses [no disrespect I don't know the official name]. Culture is more about tradition than change silly man.

This just goes to show you why this generation is the best to ever live. We're not scared to fit into some tight pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    This just goes to show you why this generation is the best to ever live. We're not scared to fit into some tight pants.

Your generation is pretty lazy, inept, overweight, and probably the least-*****-getting generation of all-time when you think about it.

Your generation is pretty lazy, inept, overweight, and probably the least-*****-getting generation of all-time when you think about it.
    pretty much

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Men don't wear dresses and skin tight clothes because of our anatomy. It's not a mystery.
    Apparently it is a mystery to you. That is not at all why men don't wear dresses.

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Apparently it is a mystery to you. That is not at all why men don't wear dresses.
    right, it

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Well you tell me why men don't wear dresses genius.

I'm not saying a dress is harmful [I haven't done any research on this topic] but I know my nuts don't like drafts and I read somewhere that scrotum support was good for the old family jewels.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Some of the clothes today are bananas. I don't get the whole "straight" or really any of the sexuality thing your pushing with it tho, that's kinda strange not going to lie. The shirt on the first pic yeah it's suspect and looks girly but everything else is just flat out different, guy or girl that last picture is fkcing weird to the majority.

When I see clothes like what Tyson Chandler is wearing cross drossing, feminine doesn't hit my brain. Just looks like somebody trying to be different for the sake of being different, trying hard to be trendy etc. as I person who has no idea about fashion I'm probably pretty ignorant. Not sure how it's confusing, if you see that dude in the last picture and are like dude why don't you just come out than you probably got some questions to ask yourself tbh.

Tight clothes have been around forever. All the weird shit NBA players/rappers/NFL guy's are wearing these days don't look like womens clothes to me, atleast girls I know. Just look weird as hell and looks like there purposely picking something out that screams crazy and strange.

Well you tell me why men don't wear dresses genius.

I'm not saying a dress is harmful [I haven't done any research on this topic] but I know my nuts don't like drafts and I read somewhere that scrotum support was good for the old family jewels.
    Men have often worn dresses throughout history. You yourself have even referenced kilts (the skirts that Scottish, not Irish, men wear). Also, there are a lot of loose fitting clothing for Islamic men that are about as free flowing as a dress. If anatomy, such as needing scrotum support, was the reason, that could easily be covered by supportive briefs.

In Western culture, I believe part of the answer of why men don't wear dresses is based on the activities men did, such as mounting horses, running and going through brush when hunting, etc., while women were not expected to as frequently do those types of activities.

Banned

cus designers are mostly women or gay guys and they are the ones who make the clothes

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Some of the clothes today are bananas. I don't get the whole "straight" or really any of the sexuality thing your pushing with it tho, that's kinda strange not going to lie.
    He obviously associates it with gay culture and has a big push back against it with the hip-hop culture historically being very macho based. The overall negativity of his to this style of clothing comes across as pretty homophobic.