Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Why are designers trying to bring cross dressing...

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    He obviously associates it with gay culture and has a big push back against it with the hip-hop culture historically being very macho based. The overall negativity of his to this style of clothing comes across as pretty homophobic.
    Shit just looks strange to me. Honestly I'd probably just assume there hipsters if I saw that in public. First picture, and picture besides Chandler look girly. Even than look more ridiculous than anything. Maybe like ten years ago yeah but in '14 I don't get linking that to crossdressers and gay people.

That Adrian Broner dude literally looks like he went into his closet and said how absurd can I look today. I rock skinny jeans and random T's and am clueless about fashion and at the end of day people can wear whatever they want, don't give a shit how another dude dresses but these hipsters are trying waaaay too hard.

This isn't new tho, every generation wears something people will later look back on and laugh at it seems.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Shit just looks strange to me. Honestly I'd probably just assume there hipsters if I saw that in public. First picture, and picture besides Chandler look girly. Even than look more ridiculous than anything. Maybe like ten years ago yeah but in '14 I don't get linking that to crossdressers and gay people.

That Adrian Broner dude literally looks like he went into his closet and said how absurd can I look today. I rock skinny jeans and random T's and am clueless about fashion and at the end of day people can wear whatever they want, don't give a shit how another dude dresses but these hipsters are trying waaaay too hard.

This isn't new tho, every generation wears something people will later look back on and laugh at it seems.
    I'm in agreement to it not being a good look. I just don't see why all the negativity is being linked to gay and cross-dressing culture.

Thread abuser

Op is the self-appointed Minister of Blackness and Hip Hop, so y'all better shut up when he's preaching.

Nikka was wearing yoga pants

NBA Legend

I'm in agreement to it not being a good look. I just don't see why all the negativity is being linked to gay and cross-dressing culture.

Cuz dem nikkas is fakkits brah

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Cuz dem nikkas is fakkits brah

They still look more manly than this guy.

He obviously associates it with gay culture and has a big push back against it with the hip-hop culture historically being very macho based. The overall negativity of his to this style of clothing comes across as pretty homophobic.

Just because I said I don't like it doesn't mean I fear it or look down on it in a way that makes me think of the person wearing it is lesser than me.

Try not to put words in my mouth.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-04-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilKateMoss
    Op is the Minister of Blackness and Hip Hop, so y'all better shut up when he's preaching.
    Listen to the man.

I sonned him in a Hip-Hop thread years ago and he is still butthurt over it, lol.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Men have often worn dresses throughout history. You yourself have even referenced kilts (the skirts that Scottish, not Irish, men wear). Also, there are a lot of loose fitting clothing for Islamic men that are about as free flowing as a dress. If anatomy, such as needing scrotum support, was the reason, that could easily be covered by supportive briefs.

In Western culture, I believe part of the answer of why men don't wear dresses is based on the activities men did, such as mounting horses, running and going through brush when hunting, etc., while women were not expected to as frequently do those types of activities.
    We are talking about a specific culture though not a group of people throughout history. If metal heads started wearing flower print shirts it would be a noteworthy deviation from established culture.

It's only negative if you look at it that way. I have a young son who I would not like to see in women's clothing [unless that's his lifestyle choice and then I will accept it because I love him unconditionally].

However, I still feel like I have the right to say that I don't like it[as an option for straight men] without people saying I'm homophobic.

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    cus designers are mostly women or gay guys and they are the ones who make the clothes

there it is........

also, gays don

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I don't get the whole "straight" or really any of the sexuality thing your pushing with it tho, that's kinda strange not going to lie.

Not sure how it's confusing, if you see that dude in the last picture and are like dude why don't you just come out than you probably got some questions to ask yourself tbh.
    Again, you don't understand our culture. If you grew up with elders that were in my culture maybe you would understand more.

I said more than once that only your sexual actions depict "what you are" sexually [not your wardrobe], however, clothes that show off your body in the manner that women do is something that is not normally found in the Hip-Hop community.

In my neighborhood and any black neighborhood I've traveled to the men did not wear tights, blouses, make up, pluck their eyebrows, or paint their nails [except pimps].

I'm not condoning hating on people because they want to change conventions but it's my right to speak on them and say whether or not I like them. I don't like this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Again, you don't understand our culture. If you grew up with elders that were in my culture maybe you would understand more.

I said more than once that only your sexual actions depict "what you are" sexually [not your wardrobe], however, clothes that show off your body in the manner that women do is something that is not normally found in the Hip-Hop community.

In my neighborhood and any black neighborhood I've traveled to the men did not wear tights, blouses, make up, pluck their eyebrows, or paint their nails [except pimps].

I'm not condoning hating on people because they want to change conventions but it's my right to speak on them and say whether or not I like them. I don't like this trend.
    fashion is cyclical. if you don't like it, just wait it out. just because hip hop is into it doesn't mean you have to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    fashion is cyclical. if you don't like it, just wait it out. just because hip hop is into it doesn't mean you have to follow it.
    Agreed. And I know the op is hyperbolic because the fashions haven't been mass produced [and to get people to post] but it's not only the Hip-Hop purists that are wondering why this trend is becoming more and more popular...a lot of young heads are in agreement with my sentiments.

Thread abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Listen to the man.

I sonned him in a Hip-Hop thread years ago and he is still butthurt over it, lol.
    Lol I don't even listen to hip-hop, so it's highly unlikely that ever happened. Anyway, I understand you must've caught your kid trying on one of your cocktail dresses and you're concerned about it, but it's not such a big deal. Children like to play, and gender conventions are not so clearly defined at those ages, so the fact his dad is a fag of the highest caliber doesn't necessarily mean he will be too.