Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Why are designers trying to bring cross dressing...

Why do designers try to bring cross dressing to any culture?

the more outlandish it is, the more us poor folk gonna pay through the nose to buy it

thats why, the bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by LilKateMoss
    Lol I don't even listen to hip-hop, so it's highly unlikely that ever happened. Anyway, I understand you must've caught your kid trying on one of your cocktail dresses and you're concerned about it, but it's not such a big deal. Children like to play, and gender conventions are not so clearly defined at those ages, so the fact his dad is a fag of the highest caliber doesn't necessarily mean he will be too.

It's highly unlikely that a guy with 400 posts remembers me unless I made an impact on him. Your assessment of me suggests that you are upset for whatever reason. You haven't spoke on my words, you went right to attacking me which is a DEAD GIVEAWAY, lol.

I apologize for getting you all butthurt.

Your assumptions of me are kinda of funny and I understand you want to make me upset but it's not working. Either try harder or **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    a huge part of "hip hop culture" is not giving a single shit about what other dudes are wearing.
    No it's not. A big part of Hip-Hop is breaking down your competition to the very last compound. Most rappers talk about other rappers [and compare themselves to them] ad naseum actually.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-04-2014 at 04:08 PM.

rappers have been wearing outlandish shit for sometime now. welcome to 2014. and aside from a few (usually older) rappers, nobody really gives a shit. here's a picture of Dr. Dre "cross dressing" in the fvcking 80's

First of you don't know who cares and who doesn't. I have a lot of younger cousins in Chicago that don't appreciate how young black men are depicted in Hip-Hop.

Dre was a part of a BAND, not a Hip-Hop group that dressed like that which was more in the vein of parliment/sugar hill gang not a Hip Hop group.

While the old-school Cali cats used to dress pretty weird I never saw them wearing blouses or dresses which was depicted in the OP.

READ, SON: cross dressing.

Not wearing tight clothes specifically and not wearing outlandish unique outfits.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-04-2014 at 04:09 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Just because I said I don't like it doesn't mean I fear it or look down on it in a way that makes me think of the person wearing it is lesser than me.

Try not to put words in my mouth.
    I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was interpreting the words that were negative, and even then the interpretation wasn't saying that you feared or or viewed them as lesser, it was that you had a negative view of their culture having overlap with yours.

Decent playground baller Ratnik's Avatar

American fashion is gay as fvck, no doubt about it.

Again, you don't understand our culture. If you grew up with elders that were in my culture maybe you would understand more.

I said more than once that only your sexual actions depict "what you are" sexually [not your wardrobe], however, clothes that show off your body in the manner that women do is something that is not normally found in the Hip-Hop community.

In my neighborhood and any black neighborhood I've traveled to the men did not wear tights, blouses, make up, pluck their eyebrows, or paint their nails [except pimps].

I'm not condoning hating on people because they want to change conventions but it's my right to speak on them and say whether or not I like them. I don't like this trend.
    Why don't you just say you don't like this clothing trend rather than having to have to have a separation between straight and gay styles of clothing? It seems like you want a segregation of clothing styles.

just to be clear, I wouldn't wear any of this shit. I just don't care when people do, especially if they make more $ and fvck more bitches then me.

I didn't realize your younger cousins in Chicago were like the gurus of rap culture, my bad. I met a GD fro Chicago who really liked Young Thug. and I know plenty of ghetto ass dudes who like Lil Wayne and Young Thug even tho they wear skin tight clothes. There's plenty who don't fvck with them based on that, but it's not like the overwhelming majority by any means.

how old are you?
    I never said I or any of my affiliates are authorities man I offered up another angle. I know grown men that listen to Danny Glover. I fux with some Lil Bibby, Sir Michael Rocks, Danny Brown (even though he is older than me) so it's not about nostalgia. Seems like you defend everything thats new and assume that people older than you are hatin irrationally.

Jut because you don't care about societal trends and you and your friends like to wear dresses doesn't mean I'm a bad person for expressing my displeasure. Someone's mode of dress would never prevent me fr listening to a dope song they made...Freddy Mercury is one of my favorite vocalists of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Why don't you just say you don't like this clothing trend rather than having to have to have a separation between straight and gay styles of clothing? It seems like you want a segregation of clothing styles.
    I think the separation of clothing (men and women) is something that was around way before this thread.

I think the separation of clothing (men and women) is something that was around way before this thread.
    Right, and when those barriers are breached, that is when you see homophobic responses come out, including covert ones that are along the lines of 'they can do whatever they want but I don't want it around me.'

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Right, and when those barriers are breached, that is when you see homophobic responses come out, including covert ones that are along the lines of 'they can do whatever they want but I don't want it around me.'

sounds like you're reaching for a way to call someone homophobic

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    sounds like you're reaching for a way to call someone homophobic
    If he were just saying he doesn't like the style, that is one thing. He is using language disapproving of straight people dressing similarly to gay people, which is covert homophobic language. Adding qualifiers is just making it not as overt.

I don't like these types of fashions marketed to young straight men.
    A man should be in clothes that allow him to work and move around if need be and you can't do shit with some shrink wrap slacks on.
    I have a young son who I would not like to see in women's clothing

If he were just saying he doesn't like the style, that is one thing. He is using language disapproving of straight people dressing similarly to gay people, which is covert homophobic language. Adding qualifiers is just making it not as overt.
    Qualifiers like I would not like my son to dress like a woman BUT I WOULD LOVE HIM UNCONDITIONALLY NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES?

You are reaching man.

I think gay men have better style than straight men in general. I just don't like when it gets too feminine but it's okay for others if that's what they're into and I'm not mad at Broner, A$AP or Kanye.

I just don't want to see blouses and tights [as outerwear] in the mens section.

Is that wrong of me?

Qualifiers like I would not like my son to dress like a woman BUT I WOULD LOVE HIM UNCONDITIONALLY NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES?
    The language you use seems to convey that you would be disappointed if he wore women's clothing. Might as well say "I love him despite him dressing that way."