Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Boil in bag rice!

Yolo, no more having to waste long time in kitchen cooking rice and rice that will get stuck and crap.

Default Re: Boil in bag rice!

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yolo, no more having to waste long time in kitchen cooking rice and rice that will get stuck and crap.
    Get a rice cooker. We use that. You put it in, set the timer, rice is done, then you wash pot. No muss, no fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Get a rice cooker. We use that. You put it in, set the timer, rice is done, then you wash pot. No muss, no fuss.
    Isnt that what Chinese Takeouts spots use?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I grew up on Minute Rice, which means I now love cheap and fast to make rice.

   

you can also throw in some spices and veggies and BOOM... in 15 minutes or whatever you've got a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Isnt that what Chinese Takeouts spots use?
    Yeah but when you make it at home it's not so dry and crumbly. (Plus the quality of what you buy, the rice itself is better). It's really easy to use, i love it.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah but when you make it at home it's not so dry and crumbly. (Plus the quality of what you buy, the rice itself is better). It's really easy to use, i love it.
    Me and my girlfriend got a rice cooker from her sister some months ago but the quality was kind of bad I think because the rice never tasted good.

The boil in bag one's are cheap and really easy, like 40 cents per meal.

   

just so you know, boil in bag rice is also pretty much the worst kind of rice you can eat.

generally it's had the hull stripped and has been converted to a quick-cook version of rice... pretty close to empty calories. this kind of food will tend to directly give you diabetes and arterial disease in time.

i doubt you really care, but just so you know.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    just so you know, boil in bag rice is also pretty much the worst kind of rice you can eat.

generally it's had the hull stripped and has been converted to a quick-cook version of rice... pretty close to empty calories. this kind of food will tend to directly give you diabetes and arterial disease in time.

i doubt you really care, but just so you know.
    Isn't it the same type of rice, just being wrapped in a bag?

My girlfriend cook her fancy rice the same amount of time.

Me and my girlfriend got a rice cooker from her sister some months ago but the quality was kind of bad I think because the rice never tasted good.

The boil in bag one's are cheap and really easy, like 40 cents per meal.
    You can do a lot of different types of rice. We do brown rice a lot because the white rice is pretty much the brown rice with the healthy part chopped off.

You can also but Quinoa in it which tastes good and makes it healthier. But im an old man and you're not so its less important.

Banned

yeah get a rice cooker, never takes more than a minute to put rice/water in the pot or to clean the pot that goes inside. push that button down and wait for it. if its too dry or too wet, just change the amount of water you put in

   

Isn't it the same type of rice, just being wrapped in a bag?

My girlfriend cook her fancy rice the same amount of time.
    you'll need to look carefully. the point of the bag is convenience, so it tends to go hand in hand with the minute rice, i.e. much shorter cooking times.

i would seriously take niko's advice and try the rice cooker again, maybe with a different type of rice, like jasmine. i usually make a mix of brown rice, wild rice, onions, broccoli and curry. tastes great, doesn't cost much, and is quite healthy.

Made that high school varsity squad Solidape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Plus the fact that cooking anything in plastic brings an obscene amount of chemicals into your body. Never buy boil in food, or bake in plastic shit.

That there alone is one reason I wont get that stuff. Seriously how hard is it to boil rice? Its like one step harder than boiling water.

   

yea... BPA and carcinogens from the plastic. you want your man-boobies to grow, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidape
    That there alone is one reason I wont get that stuff. Seriously how hard is it to boil rice? Its like one step harder than boiling water.
    assuming you like well-prepared rice, it's definitely possible to go wrong... especially if you make different kinds of rice and/or different quantities and/or different seasoning additives.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    you can also throw in some spices and veggies and BOOM... in 15 minutes or whatever you've got a meal.
    Yep. I bought a slow/pressure cooker. Can make a weeks worth of meals in an hour, chuck 'em in the freezer and you're done for the week.