Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Humanity's Origin Debate: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creationism)

Anyone that believes in creationism in today's day and age is a nut. Straight up and simple. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't discount the possibility of a God and has supported Christians from angry Athiests here.

Evolution has been proven. Only people that don't support it don't even know how it works

"how can ppl come from monkeys wen da monkeys are still around"

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Humanity's Origin Debate: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creationism)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Yea actually the chemical reactions that got life started have been explained... And you are right it doesn't get started from nothing. You need ingredients... and we had them.

But if nothing is nothing and will always be nothing, then how can you explain these "ingredients" and who or what "had them"?

When and how did nothing turn into something?

Sure, I can create another human here on Earth by means of our reproductive organs, if these are the ingredients you speak of. But what ingredients account for the first humans? For the first species? And again, if there was nothing before something, when and how did these ingredients come about?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    But if nothing is nothing and will always be nothing, then how can you explain these "ingredients" and who or what "had them"?

Sure, I can create another human here on Earth by means of our reproductive organs, if these are the ingredients you speak of. But what ingredients account for the first humans? For the first species? And again, if there was nothing before something, when and how did these ingredients come about?
    None of the things you're talking about has to do with evolution. Evolution is just the idea of genetic mutations existing and natural selection leading to the strongest genes to survive. Out of which, over time, many species formed. That's evolution as opposed to creationism which literally is saying that humans and all animals were created out of nowhere which we know is false due to fossils of human ancestors.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

They are actually working on how to make something from nothing. They already have pictures of the big bang at the exact point of the universe's birth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    And you still ain't eatin butt
    Against my religious beliefs you heathen.

Also, I was gonna watch a few minutes of this farce then I realized it went down at the creation museum. Turned it off immediately. Why would the science guy even bother going HERE?

If you want people to take your cause seriously, don't get a guy who watches the Flintstones like it's a documentary to make it for you

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    That's evolution as opposed to creationism which literally is saying that humans and all animals were created out of nowhere which we know is false due to fossils of human ancestors.

But the fossil record does not prove evolution in humans. Humans have been humans since the first human. There is no precursor fossil record showing that it mutated into human form or anything of the sort.

Evolution cannot be proven. The Evolutionist uses the same "blind faith" the Creationist does. Interpretation of both is key here to forming your judgment.

We cannot create life here on Earth from nothing, and science cannot prove that life was created from something else. Just because you dug up a rock and found a fossil doesn't mean that some sort of evolutionary process took place explaining the mere existence of at least humanity's presence. Our presence here on Earth is still very much unknown.
    No, they do not use the same "blind faith". Unlike the magic described in the bible, we can actually observe evolution occurring around us. Evolution is the reason there is a growing problem of antibacterial resistant bacteria, evolution is the reason that some weeds have become immune to herbicides. There are many real world examples of evolution in action, there is no real world evidence for any of the bullshit believed by creationists.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    My opinion?

I believe in God.

But the bible was written by man and man is not without sin. So how can everything in the bible be 100% creditable?
    Good on you.

Just went on twitter to check out what some people are saying about the debate and found a girl who said this,

"I'm sorry but GOD created the earth in which we live in, read the bible...The end"

Banned

Don't ever use Bill Maher as a creditable source.
    F*ck Bill Maher, did you see the Triceratops with the saddle on its back at the 'museum' where this 'debate' was held?

C'mon Brah.

But the fossil record does not prove evolution in humans. Humans have been humans since the first human. There is no precursor fossil record showing that it mutated into human form or anything of the sort.
    Actually, that's false. There are fossils from millions of years back that detail early humans. Our bones and brains were similar to that of a chimp and over time, natural selection led to those with bigger games surviving at a higher rate till homo sapiens came around

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    the kid in the back is like "fvk yea!"
    Don't know why he's so damn excited. According to Professor Ham and his creation museum, that shit happened all the time.

Yabba.

Dabba.

Do.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    the new Noah movie that is coming out will prove the truth and end all debate
    Just stealing money from the sheep that believe that garbage.

   

My belief comes from exactly what it is, a belief, I choose to believe in something.

One of my favorite quotes is from an Agnostic speaker who came to my campus.

He said, "There is no explaining the Universe without God, and there is no explaining God without the Universe. The Universe is something that must have laws, like evolution being the prime example. Without set laws, like anything, it would fall apart. Prove to me God didn't make these laws and I will prove to you that he did."

I think that is an excellent way to approach science and religion.
    he sounds like a crashing bore, TBH.

i see very little relationship between a hypothetical

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    the new Noah movie that is coming out will prove the truth and end all debate
    F*ck Noah, he's the reason I'm taking the subway tomorrow instead of stuntin on my T-Rex.

Earned not given

My belief comes from exactly what it is, a belief, I choose to believe in something.

One of my favorite quotes is from an Agnostic speaker who came to my campus.

He said, "There is no explaining the Universe without God, and there is no explaining God without the Universe. The Universe is something that must have laws, like evolution being the prime example. Without set laws, like anything, it would fall apart. Prove to me God didn't make these laws and I will prove to you that he did."

I think that is an excellent way to approach science and religion.
    No one can prove there is a higher power. No one can disprove there is a higher power. It is entirely FAITH based. It's all in the mind. It's a thought process created by man. If it were a universal thought process, every group of people past and present would have very similar religions. That's not the case though, and there's a reason for that.