Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Default Re: Humanity's Origin Debate: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creationism)

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Clearly you haven't been to U.S. States like Kentucky, North Carolina, etc
    Clearly you haven't provided adequate proof that these Creationists pose a problem with scientific and human advancement.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Humanity's Origin Debate: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creationism)

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Eh I find creationists to be idiots but I don't care if someone believe in God. Their choice tbh, forcing an opinion is just as obnoxious

You are confusing creationists with radical religious fanatics. The two couldn't be more further apart. Like I explained earlier, you can take me for example. Religion is not a necessity if you believe in a deity and believe that this deity created everything on Earth at least.

There is no concrete evidence for the contrary, so the real idiots are the ones that call others idiots when they have no proof to back up their claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    You are confusing creationists with radical religious fanatics. The two couldn't be more further apart. Like I explained earlier, you can take me for example. Religion is not a necessity if you believe in a deity and believe that this deity created everything on Earth at least.

There is no concrete evidence for the contrary, so the real idiots are the ones that call others idiots when they have no proof to back up their claims.
    I'm not going to post again in this thread so feel free to not respond, but note that a lot of the scripture in the Bible is borrowed (read: plagiarized) from creation myths, parables, and other stories (supernatural or otherwise) that predate Judeo-Christian faith. Not really up for debate, either.

Believe what you want if it makes you a better person and helps you live a better life.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I'm not going to post again in this thread so feel free to not respond, but note that a lot of the scripture in the Bible is borrowed (read: plagiarized) from creation myths, parables, and other stories (supernatural or otherwise) that predate Judeo-Christian faith. Not really up for debate, either.

This is known. The Bible can be considered merely just a guide book on how one should live their lives. It is also a historical reference book. Are there embellishments? Sure there are. Embellishments are a part of every day life. No one here is debating that the Bible is the be all and end all of religious virtue, or that it is the spoken word of God. The Bible doesn't necessarily have to be considered a "Christian" book. It's got a little bit of everything.

This whole thread has had a debate on who is right and who is wrong, but not one person that has posted here in favor of Creationism has been a Christian radical wanting to thump a bible in someone's face. Those people are in the same class as atheists who go out of their way to tell you that there is no God and that religious symbols offend them. They're crazy.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    God was invented by man. Just like Santa Clause.

Was reality invented by man as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    So you know for sure that there is no God. Please explain yourself further.
    You know for sure there is no Santa Clause? Please explain yourself further.

What I don't understand about Ken is he keeps saying we can't observe the age of the earth and yet we see that trees gain a ring every year...and they have more rings than what he claims. Then he states that you can't use the same rules for the present as the past since we were not there to "see" it. Hell, HUMANS have been around longer than he caims. You can't have this unprovable logic in a debate. If you admit to not being able to predict the past due to it being unobservable, you therefor admit that any and ALL ideas about the past could be correct. I could say that we all used to be bubbles who could breath in space and stayed alive by inhaling rocks and then we eventually turned into humans and i would have the SAME EXACT validity as the claim that a creator exists. Does he not see the problem here?

Perhaps it's I who don't see the problem. Maybe his point is precisely that no one can know...but then why would he speak with such authority about creationism? The contradictions are overwhelming. That said, I thought his presentation was actually more focused and articulate that Bills.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    If you admit to not being able to predict the past due to it being unobservable, you therefor admit that any and ALL ideas about the past could be correct. I could say that we all used to be bubbles who could breath in space and stayed alive by inhaling rocks and then we eventually turned into humans and i would have the SAME EXACT validity as the claim that a creator exists. Does he not see the problem here?

Perhaps it's I who don't see the problem. Maybe his point is precisely that no one can know...but then why would he speak with such authority about creationism? The contradictions are overwhelming. That said, I thought his presentation was actually more focused and articulate that Bills.
    According to particle physics, this is true. Erwin Schr

Banned

Anyone see this?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...dence.cnn.html

I read an article (might've been on CNN as well, can't remember) where the author claimed that the discovery was proof of the Judeo-Christian creation story.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This is known. The Bible can be considered merely just a guide book on how one should live their lives.
    This should be the bible for you then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

It is also a historical reference book. Are there embellishments? Sure there are. Embellishments are a part of every day life.
    There are embellishments and then there are flat out lies. The Egyptians for instance didn't own Jewish slaves that built the pyramids, in fact there is no evidence of any Jews or Hebrews living in Egypt any time before the pyramids were completed (slave or not). None of the events in Exodus are found anywhere. Either in ancient records or modern archeological findings. An embellishment might be if there were 10,000 slaves and saying there were 100,000. In reality there were no slaves at all!

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    This should be the bible for you then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

There are embellishments and then there are flat out lies. The Egyptians for instance didn't own Jewish slaves that built the pyramids, in fact there is no evidence of any Jews or Hebrews living in Egypt any time before the pyramids were completed (slave or not). None of the events in Exodus are found anywhere. Either in ancient records or modern archeological findings. An embellishment might be if there were 10,000 slaves and saying there were 100,000. In reality there were no slaves at all!

Steve, ban this anti-semite plz

Believe in god but not creation

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Believe in god but not creation
    You mean you don't believe in young earth creationism? But you still accept that God put everything into motion?

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Anyone see this?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...dence.cnn.html

I read an article (might've been on CNN as well, can't remember) where the author claimed that the discovery was proof of the Judeo-Christian creation story.
    Glad you took time out of your hollywood career to post this for everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Glad you took time out of your hollywood career to post this for everyone.
    You're welcome