Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: This kid hit me and damaged my bumper and is trying to dodge the bill; advice wanted

Update:

1. Going through insurance is not an option for me. I found out that if the damage is under $500 my insurance doesn't pay. Also there's the increase in insurance rate that I would be worried about.

2. I drove past the light where this happened and there is a camera pointing directly at the spot where this happened.

So I want to report this info, but not get my insurance involved. Is this possible?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: This kid hit me and damaged my bumper and is trying to dodge the bill; advice wanted

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Update:

1. Going through insurance is not an option for me. I found out that if the damage is under $500 my insurance doesn't pay. Also there's the increase in insurance rate that I would be worried about.

2. I drove past the light where this happened and there is a camera pointing directly at the spot where this happened.

So I want to report this info, but not get my insurance involved. Is this possible?

that doesn't sound right unless you're dealing with some generic insurance company, or your agent doesn't know what she's talking about(which happens sometimes).

with any major carrier(State Farm, Geico, etc) you can file a claim for any amount even if its less than the cost of your deductible. its just that the claim rep might advise you not to file it since you'd be paying more on your deductible than the accident cost if you paid it yourself. thing about your situatioin is you shouldn't have a deductible at all since its someone elses fault and if thats proven then you won't have one.

if you do have a major insurance carrier i'd advise you to directly call your insurance company and speak with someone there instead of your agent. agents can be real clueless sometimes. and you trying to investigate it yourself with how much you're sweating it is just killing yourself instead of calling them and telling them you want to subrogate it.

NBA rookie of the year

sue his ass in small claims court

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Whatever you do dont kill that kid.

kings fan

So according to this thread, I can crash my car, get the license plate number of any car, and blame it all on them to get paid $$$? Rofl.
    Last edited by cuad; 02-06-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    So according to this thread, I can crash my car, get the license plate number of any car, and blame it all on them to get paid $$$? Rofl.
    Yes, if this car did in fact hit you and you see that a traffic light camera was directed right at the spot that it happened at.