Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Official Competitive Eating Thread

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Disturbing and it takes an idiot to find this amusing and interesting. We are already overconsuming like crazy with out regular lifestyle, no need of worthless eating contests and it's only provoking when poverty and hunger is so common around the world.
    Thats some commie shit right there. People are free to do whatever they like to, if they enjoy competitive eating thats their problem. There is enough food for everyone, poor distribution. Like 20-30 pounds of chilli is going to solve world hunger.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Disturbing and it takes an idiot to find this amusing and interesting. We are already overconsuming like crazy with out regular lifestyle, no need of worthless eating contests and it's only provoking when poverty and hunger is so common around the world.
    I find freaks of nature to be interesting, period.

Keep acting like you fully understand the complex network that is the human digestive system and know all of the secrets behind these competitors' ability to mass consume. As long as there are things unknown about the human body, they will continue to be interesting. I'm sure the level of health of some of these competitors who have been at it for a number of years would puzzle many doctors.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Thats some commie shit right there. People are free to do whatever they like to, if they enjoy competitive eating thats their problem. There is enough food for everyone, poor distribution. Like 20-30 pounds of chilli is going to solve world hunger.
    Has nothing to do with communism, it has to do with common sense. Coming from Bulgaria you should have no problem seeing where I am coming from with my argument since you live in one of the poorest countries in Europe.

I am not saying that people aren't free to do whatever they'd like to do, I just find it disturbing and you just said it yourself. There's enough food for everyone, that is if people wouldn't over-consume in richer parts of the world and an eating contest is a perfect example of it. And your chilli comment is out of place as well, that is the same way people think when they throw they garbage in the wild instead of holding the garbage for a couple of seconds so they could throw it in the closest garbage bin.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I find freaks of nature to be interesting, period.

Keep acting like you fully understand the complex network that is the human digestive system and know all of the secrets behind these competitors' ability to mass consume. As long as there are things unknown about the human body, they will continue to be interesting. I'm sure the level of health of some of these competitors who have been at it for a number of years would puzzle many doctors.
    You totally missed my point, science will not gain a bit from some lunatics over-consuming food during a short time span.

Has nothing to do with communism, it has to do with common sense. Coming from Bulgaria you should have no problem seeing where I am coming from with my argument since you live in one of the poorest countries in Europe.

I am not saying that people aren't free to do whatever they'd like to do, I just find it disturbing and you just said it yourself. There's enough food for everyone, that is if people wouldn't over-consume in richer parts of the world and an eating contest is a perfect example of it. And your chilli comment is out of place as well, that is the same way people think when they throw they garbage in the wild instead of holding the garbage for a couple of seconds so they could throw it in the closest garbage bin.
    The only thing i could gather from your comment is that youre biased as hell. Poor doesnt mean starving. Rich parts of the world doesnt have anything to do with overconsumption. There are people overconsuming even in India and China, but the fat ones there are the rich ones. As a matter of fact Mexico is the fattest country in the world, yet they are nowhere near being the richest one. My point is that overconsuption is going to occur as long as people can afford it.