Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: True or False: John Wall better then Steph Curry

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    You really can't compare the two IMO.

Both are PG's sure, but they are like polar opposites in terms of what their strengths are.

Wall is more althetic, probably a better playmaker, and obviously a better defender.

Curry is obviously a better shooter, while still being a capable playmaker.

I think it would come down to what their respective surrounding rosters look like in terms of who is "better". Curry would be a better fit on some teams, Wall on others.

Having said that...Irving > both of them =)
    This is a good post except last part Irving needs to step his game up..

Curry has basically been the best point guard in the nba this season. (taking into consideration paul and westbrooks injury). All Wall does is defend much better than curry but other than nah and wall has a great year. I would argue dragic>Wall. He really is lacking in the efficiency department though.
    1.cp3
    2.curry/westbrook
    3.westrook/curry
    4.dragic
    5.wall

Not airballing my layups anymore

curry may not be a super prototypical point guard but the YMCA shooter is pushing it........ he showed in the playoffs his handles are quite nice and he can assist to. Plus, he can make his own shot. those are some good traits for a bball player

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Hasn't been a top point guard for a while, I guess you mean up until the game the organization shelved him he was beasting and helping the Thunder win at a better clip than they are currently? Sure. Goatbrook is still a top point guard every time he steps on the court. Hell, he was a top PG even in the games that he got injured/last game before he got his surgery. He will be a top PG up until he retires. Deal with it. Comparing him to Lillard Lillard is a beast, but his defense he gave up 30+ pts to George Hill
    1. They went on a winning streak with RW and Durant has had career highs.
    2. He was not a top PG when he came back he had a couple of good games but he struggled a lot too. He averaged 21 pts but on 42% shooting from the field, 30% from 3 and 4 t/o t o7 assists.
    3. Lillard has had a better year than RW man be honest with yourself and hop off of his jock. it sucks that's he's not healthy but you can't put him in the ranks because he hasn't played enough. It's common sense.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-08-2014 at 02:33 PM.

One Mizzou.

False

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Wall has been so impressive this season. He has the potential to be a truly complete PG if he continues on the development trajectory he's on.

I think right now you have to give the edge to Curry but if Wall continues to develop his game he has potential to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Wall has been so impressive this season. He has the potential to be a truly complete PG if he continues on the development trajectory he's on.

I think right now you have to give the edge to Curry but if Wall continues to develop his game he has potential to be better.

I don't get it. Curry has room to improve just like Wall does and he's already better right now so how can anyone truly know?

Curry is better.

Curry is better. To say Wall is a better play maker than Curry already showed people haven't watched enough Golden State's game. The only thing Wall has over Curry is defense. Curry's ability to score anywhere in the floor makes defense zone on him for his teammate easier to score.

All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

The only thing Wall is better than Curry at is defense. Passing and playmaking I'd say they're about even. Then Curry is better at everything else.

Therefore, false.

All Curry does is shoot, he's like the guy at the YMCA on the court who can't do anything but shoot, or the little kid on the basketball court that the men let play because he has a nice jump shot, but you don't expect him to do anything else. Curry doesn't run a team

stephs the better player but wall is very good aswell

Curry is better. To say Wall is a better play maker than Curry already showed people haven't watched enough Golden State's game. The only thing Wall has over Curry is defense. Curry's ability to score anywhere in the floor makes defense zone on him for his teammate easier to score.
    This

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

True.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    You really can't compare the two IMO.

Both are PG's sure, but they are like polar opposites in terms of what their strengths are.

Wall is more althetic, probably a better playmaker, and obviously a better defender.

Curry is obviously a better shooter, while still being a capable playmaker.

I think it would come down to what their respective surrounding rosters look like in terms of who is "better". Curry would be a better fit on some teams, Wall on others.

Having said that...Irving > both of them =)
    Irving is a stat filler on a shitty team, ala Kevin Love. If you put him on a team like say the Spurs instead of Tony Parker, they would be as good as a healthy Spurs team without Parker (with Leonard, Green and Splitter). My point is Irving doesn't make a good team better, but he looks good on a bad team

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Curry has the best touch in the NBA. Not just shooting, but some of his finger rolls are insane. Like 15 feet in the air and they get nothing but net. Seen it with either hand... Then he has the runner down, uses the glass well, probably the best pull up J, and obviously his shooting overall is elite.

Underrated handle too. Probably top 4. Who would be on that list? CP3, Kyrie...

Decent playground baller coolhandsteve's Avatar

Curry>Wall offensively. Wall>Curry defensively. But the gap between Wall and Steph is smaller on offense than is the gap between Steph and Wall defensively because Wall's offensive game is developing, and if he stays healthy I think eventually in the future he should be the better & more complete PG.