Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Tried cocaine again...

^ Yes, this is a good post by Dresta. CYP2D6 demethylates codeine (which is just morphine with an extra methyl group attached) which converts approximately 4-10% of the dose into morphine, so a 100mg dose of codeine orally will range between 4-10mg morphine depending on the person, usually (of course there will be hypersensitive individuals as well as non-responders). The fact that codeine is a prodrug (has no effect until metabolized) is why taking it orally results in maximum bioavailability and users don't get an increased effect from snorting or other methods of taking the drug. Compare this to heroin (which is just morphine with two "acetyl" groups attached), where the groups allow extremely rapid absorption when injected.

Also, it's nice that opiates generally have not been shown to cause neurotoxicity like stimulants and other drugs. There is the risk of respiratory depression (you die because you aren't breathing enough) from OD, and users will also experience constipation, fatigue, and various other side effects, but opiates do not destroy the brain like stimulants or destroy the liver or other organs like alcohol.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 02-09-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: Tried cocaine again...

I did it the other night too while studying. 90 minutes of awesomeness and great studying followed by an hour of FML. That's the problem man... can't have a high without a low. I did it by myself though which makes it worse. Having someone to go through the low with makes it nowhere near as bad. Awesome drug though.