Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Would you feel comfortable showering with a gay person right next to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I know right?

Worse that could happen is he stares at your package and you have to tell him (like a female who catches you staring at her chest)

"My eyes are up here bro...eyes up here"
    Plus gay men don't want to be beaten up by a homophobe who has some built in scenario in his head that the gay man wants him. Even in NY which is really liberal gay people get beaten up for "being gay". Not for starting at a man, or making a pass or grabbing someone, for existing and being gay.

I don't know, i grew up with old women grabbing their purses so i didn't steal them and parents being upset their daughter brought home a "dirty ****" and cops throwing me up against walls for not being white enough. It makes me find a lack of tolerance surprising when so many of us dealt with that kind of bullshit.

Default Re: Would you feel comfortable showering with a gay person right next to you?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Plus gay men don't want to be beaten up by a homophobe who has some built in scenario in his head that the gay man wants him. Even in NY which is really liberal gay people get beaten up for "being gay". Not for starting at a man, or making a pass or grabbing someone, for existing and being gay.

I don't know, i grew up with old women grabbing their purses so i didn't steal them and parents being upset their daughter brought home a "dirty ****" and cops throwing me up against walls for not being white enough. It makes me find a lack of tolerance surprising when so many of us dealt with that kind of bullshit.

its just the next level of ridiculousness.. People say and think some dumb sh*t and it will just take time for them to get over their silly ideas

Have to admit i am not crazy about the gays........there is one store (can

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

[QUOTE=tomtucker]Have to admit i am not crazy about the gays........there is one store (can

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    yeah, what if he is staring at you wide eyed and mast[COLOR="Black"]e[/COLOR]rbating furiously while screaming at the top of his lungs???

hhahahaha that's insane. lmao

Earned not given

http://youtu.be/Olc5C4SXAYM

Not sure if this has been posted in here but I'm too lazy to look.

Dat ether doe.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I find it funny I'm a short guy and some of you are these big huge men and you're afraid of people somehow violating you. How would that happen? It's not prison. Do you really think gay men are standing there lusting after you to the point you are going to be made uncomfortable?

This

Apparently the majority of people on this forum is 6'1 and up, can dunk, is ripped... and ****ING TERRIFIED of gay people.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    http://youtu.be/Olc5C4SXAYM

Not sure if this has been posted in here but I'm too lazy to look.

Dat ether doe.

that was pretty powerful commentary

so nfl players are ok staring at other straight mens ***** or vice versa but unconformable when a gay man does...do they think hes gonna go around yanking at them or sumshit

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Never knew ISH had so many fakkits.....
    Are you referring to the guys concerned about showering with gay men or the guys that wouldn't be afraid?

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I agree with your general message here and don't like to defend homophobia, however gay men are MEN...not women. I am a man and I know that I check out just above every female I see under180 lbs, and they don't have to resemble Hollywood actresses...why would we assume it's different for gay men? They still have male hormones, they are just directed to men instead of women.
    human sexuality is based not only on our genes but also our environment.

to greatly oversimplify. If you raise a person in a permissive environment where sex is not stigmatized at all vs raising the exact same person in an extremely conservative environment where sex (especially female sexuality) is extremely stigmatized, you will likely get a huge variance in promiscuity.

gay men will likely behave themselves in a shower relative to other straight men, because of various social pressures. There are much less social pressure on straight men and women in the same scenario.

Also somewhat of a digression. IIRC there is a lot of evidence that the fact that females are on average less promiscuous than males is largely a societal construct.

Eg. 1. females are physically capable of multiple orgasms
    2. the shape of the male gentials (some believe the head is evolved to scope out the ejaculant of other males)
    3. the fact that intial burst of ejaculant contains a chemical meant to destroy other sperm previously deposited.

None of those evolutionary features suggest females are naturally monogamous. Eg. female gorillas

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Are you referring to the guys concerned about showering with gay men or the guys that wouldn't be afraid?

human sexuality is based not only on our genes but also our environment.

to greatly oversimplify. If you raise a person in a permissive environment where sex is not stigmatized at all vs raising the exact same person in an extremely conservative environment where sex (especially female sexuality) is extremely stigmatized, you will likely get a huge variance in promiscuity.

gay men will likely behave themselves in a shower relative to other straight men, because of various social pressures. There are much less social pressure on straight men and women in the same scenario.

Also somewhat of a digression. IIRC there is a lot of evidence that the fact that females are on average less promiscuous than males is largely a societal construct.

Eg. 1. females are physically capable of multiple orgasms
    2. the shape of the male gentials (some believe the head is evolved to scope out the ejaculant of other males)
    3. the fact that intial burst of ejaculant contains a chemical meant to destroy other sperm previously deposited.

None of those evolutionary features suggest females are naturally monogamous. Eg. female gorillas
    You could be onto something, but the counterpoint is obvious too. While not a pleasant topic, the farther back you look at homo sapiens, the less likely sex was consensual.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You could be onto something, but the counterpoint is obvious too. While not a pleasant topic, the farther back you look at homo sapiens, the less likely sex was consensual.
    Perhaps, but iirc many anthropologists believe rape wasnt that common

1. human beings are social creatures. We are evolved to have compassion and empathy and to feel shame. The theory being completely amoral and malicious people would have found it hard to be apart of social groups. The vast majority of humans that ever lived would have failed to survive without a tribe. The inability to survive obviously would limit your reproduction and remove your genes from the gene pool.

rape is most common when you are doing it against a group you have dehumanized for some reason.
    Eg. after a city is conquered the woman in the city were often raped (the Bosnian war)

2. anthropologists have been able to observe societies that live as humans did thousands of years ago. eg natives in the rainforests of south america, natives on various Polynesian islands, etc. for various reasons these people have been cut-off from the rest of humanity and many experts claim these people have not developed at all over several thousand years.

The main reason being that they expend so much effort getting food and surviving that they dont have time for anything else. There are only 24 hours in a day, and you spend 6-8 of them sleeping.

Any ways long story short rape isnt a big part of most of these societies.

edit: from what I remember from several documentaries and an anthropology course I took as a liberal arts elective.

Most of these societies were actually a lot more egalitarian than modern US society. The people in the tribes shared almost everything, they had to, to survive. personal property and property rights were non-existent. The greatest taboo was hoarding food and other such resources.

They were also a lot more gender neutral and woman and men had similar social status and sometimes woman had higher social status.

IIRC property rights started becoming important because of agriculture. The farmer wanted to pass his lands to his son. Thus woman became property and female chastity had to be enforced to ensure that your son got your lands. And female status in agricultural societies is typically extremely low, and this is true in almost all parts of the world. Asia, europe, the middle east, etc.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 02-13-2014 at 10:30 PM.

I wouldn't care unless he keeps staring at me with his dick in his hand