Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Your favorite handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    I think hand guns should be eliminated, but I did almost shit my pants firing a desert eagle at a firing range. There's no way in hell you can fire one of those bad boys with one hand like in the movies. I almost hit myself in the face with the gun from the backfire alone
    Start training your forearms in the gym. Get em mad ripped and vascular like mine, then you can shoot a .50cal in each hand with minimal backfire effect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Anything less than .50 cal or at least .44 cal is beta... :)
    That is because you can't shoot or never owned a gun. People in the "know" or the gun community would laugh at you for that comment.

Banned

I think hand guns should be eliminated, but I did almost shit my pants firing a desert eagle at a firing range. There's no way in hell you can fire one of those bad boys with one hand like in the movies. I almost hit myself in the face with the gun from the backfire alone
    You can shoot those one handed. I think your problem is "limp wrist" shooting, yes, that is a term. You need to flex up your arm and brace it for the recoil. If you just hold it up and fire, any gun will recoil back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ratnik
    Guns are for pu55ies. Real men use fists.
    Bad guys don't.

Learning to shoot layups

Springfield xdm. I own more guns than I'm willing to admit and it is by far the best hand gun I've ever shot

guns r bad derp.. dey kill people derp derp.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    You can shoot those one handed. I think your problem is "limp wrist" shooting, yes, that is a term. You need to flex up your arm and brace it for the recoil. If you just hold it up and fire, any gun will recoil back.
    I dare say I'm in better shape than you. I'm a former professional athlete. Those things have some nasty recoil - and that was firing with two hands. Unless I have wanker's elbow...

Banned

I dare say I'm in better shape than you. I'm a former professional athlete. Those things have some nasty recoil - and that was firing with two hands. Unless I have wanker's elbow...
    It has nothing to do with being a former athlete. As you can see these people didn't have what you described occur unless you have no idea of how a gun works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5h0coIDhqw

Here is a gun that gives more recoil than any gun in history. More power than a desert eagle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094

I don't want to compare you to women so here is a skinny, non-athletic guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGjUy0f_80

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I dare say I'm in better shape than you.[COLOR="Red"] I'm a former professional athlete.[/COLOR] Those things have some nasty recoil - and that was firing with two hands. Unless I have wanker's elbow...
    who are you?

That is because you can't shoot or never owned a gun. People in the "know" or the gun community would laugh at you for that comment.
    Well ofcourse they want to laugh, they have to act alpha about their beta choice of weaponry. :)

Banned

Well ofcourse they want to laugh, they have to act alpha about their beta choice of weaponry. :)
    Please don't ever own a gun. You may shoot your family or kill others by accident. Those guns aren't used because they are heavy and too much power for defense. You are going to shoot a perpetrator and that bullet is going through them and hitting your mother or someone behind the line of fire. Nobody owns those unless they are compensating for something.

It's not the caliber but shot placement.

That is why I know you have never shot a gun or owned one before.

Please don't ever own a gun. You may shoot your family or kill others by accident. Those guns aren't used because they are heavy and too much power for defense. You are going to shoot a perpetrator and that bullet is going through them and hitting your mother or someone behind the line of fire. Nobody owns those unless they are compensating for something.

It's not the caliber but shot placement.

That is why I know you have never shot a gun or owned one before.
    ...and thats why those bb guns are used instead? Sounds pretty Beta brah... :)

Banned

...and thats why those bb guns are used instead? Sounds pretty Beta brah... :)
    might as well use a sling shot with your logic.

Like I said, any caliber is deemed worthy enough for personal protection. You don't want to use something more than you can handle to compensate for other things. We are not using rocket launchers for home defense. Are we betas for not using rocket launchers?

There is a limit on what we use. The calibers you mentioned, while great and all, serve no purpose, except for hunting. Most likely for wild boar hunting. Your argument is going of the "biggest and baddest," which has no correlation to what we are talking about here. We are talking about the best handguns. Those guns you mentioned does not fit those criteria that we brought up.

Weight and size has to be considered because the Desert Eagle is very heavy and holds low amount of ammunition.

It has nothing to do with being a former athlete. As you can see these people didn't have what you described occur unless you have no idea of how a gun works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5h0coIDhqw

Here is a gun that gives more recoil than any gun in history. More power than a desert eagle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094

I don't want to compare you to women so here is a skinny, non-athletic guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGjUy0f_80
    Looking at those vids, it's probably my form and being a little timid with guns. I lost a friend to gun violence when I was in 14.

OP,

I'd say at least try out an S&W M&P, either 9mm or .40

Feels great, ergonomics are awesome with that handgun

Only downside is extra magazines are much harder to find than with glocks, but otherwise a great gun