Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

  1. #16
    good scorer Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Swimming with goldfish
    Posts
    36,635

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Im tending to side with Crystallas here. The Denver team he was a part of was pretty good, And they REMAINED good when he left, til this year where they let Iggi and George Karl walk.
    All this talk about Melo being older and wiser etc... I don't see it.
    Is he really well rounded?
    Good rebounder? Good defender? Good passer? Good leader and locker room guy?
    The guy is a great scorer, that is it, IMO. A player who is a better version of Rudy Gay minus the "charismatic smirk"... and the hoopla.
    To me, I would try to focus of 2way players like Arron Afflalo
    By that logic....Rose is overrated.

    The Nuggets were "good" but those two years of Chauncey/Melo they were contenders, after that trade they were just a playoff team.

  2. #17
    Do. Your. Job. Undisputed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,771

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    The situation in Chicago is perfect for Carmelo Anthony with or without Derrick Rose, even though I am still indifferent about him. Coach Thibs just needs that guy who can score and the Bulls will be serious contenders again regardless of who the supporting cast is. That is because Thibs has everyone ready to play and gets the most out of his guys on both ends of the court...Boozer being the exception, because Booze is full retard when it comes to defense.

    If he wants to win, he comes here. But from what we're told and lead to believe about Melo, I doubt winning is the only thing he is concerned about.

  3. #18
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land of sunshine
    Posts
    3,664

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    If Mirotic is anywhere near his hype, Melo wont fit.

    In fact, he is the reason why the Bulls aren't trading for/going after Melo. Because Mirotic will eat up the salary cap.

  4. #19
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,461

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    The Bulls already have Taj. If it comes down to Mirotic or Melo I'll go with Melo.

  5. #20
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land of sunshine
    Posts
    3,664

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    The Bulls already have Taj. If it comes down to Mirotic or Melo I'll go with Melo.

    Good thing it wont come down to Mirotic or Melo, because Melo isn't coming here. There was a 1 week window where Melo's drama queen ass started throwing out potential destinations. Just as the winds change, so did Carmelo's mind. He wants to stay in New York, give the Knicks a discount, and he is not just saying that for the fans.

    Just like LeMarcus said he likes the Bulls, he has also changed his mind, wants to stay in Portland. Kevin Love too, he wants to go to the west coast. And guess what. What can we learn from all of this.

    Mirotic wants to play for the Bulls.

  6. #21
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,461

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    Melo wants to win a championship and as is the Knicks aren't a championship team and there's really no room for improvement unless they make tons of trades and revamp the whole roster. Melo and Chicago would be a perfect fit for both. The Bulls have needed a scorer like Melo for a long time now, Melo playing on the Bulls makes sense for him because he'd have the Chicago market pretty much to himself and wouldn't have to share it with Kobe or Blake Griffin and Chris Paul in LA. And teaming up with Noah, Rose, Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler and playing for Thibs would be the best team he's played for in his career. That team has everything. They can play defense, score, rebound. They'd be contenders for sure.

  7. #22
    College superstar tamaraw08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,314

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    By that logic....Rose is overrated.

    The Nuggets were "good" but those two years of Chauncey/Melo they were contenders, after that trade they were just a playoff team.
    You know what? I don't/can't disagree. Anytime you add a former Final's MVP to the equation, your chances of winning becomes exponentially better.

  8. #23
    Local High School Star ljsbb27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Im tending to side with Crystallas here. The Denver team he was a part of was pretty good, And they REMAINED good when he left, til this year where they let Iggi and George Karl walk.
    All this talk about Melo being older and wiser etc... I don't see it.
    Is he really well rounded?
    Good rebounder? Good defender? Good passer? Good leader and locker room guy?
    The guy is a great scorer, that is it, IMO. A player who is a better version of Rudy Gay minus the "charismatic smirk"... and the hoopla.
    To me, I would try to focus of 2way players like Arron Afflalo
    Aaron Afflalo is not bringing the Bulls to a championship. He's a nice small piece, but he's not what we need to bring us over the hump.

    Have you seen Carmelo play this year? He's playing harder than he's ever played before. It's taken a while, but I believe he's gotten to the point where he's serious about winning a championship. Melo has always had the potential to be a very good defender and he is at times he's just not consistent it with it. He actually does one of the best jobs at guarding Lebron in the league. He's also not had very good defensive coaches throughtout his career or a good defensive cast of teammates. I know his defense would improve immensely with Thibs and our system and roster.

    This year he's carrying the Knicks on his back. It's not his fault they are losing these games. He continues to score almost at will, but its the other facets of his game this year that are impressing me. He's getting after it defensively, he's hustling, he's rebounding and he's doing a great job of passing out of doubles and getting his guys good looks. I've also seen him be very encouraging and talkative to teammates something he wasn't always known for.

    I'm supporting going after him this offseason. I don't believe it's the only move we can make to improve but I do feel it's the most ideal one.

    With that being said I still think he's leaning towards staying in NYC. He will give them a discount, but they need to do something with that money somehow to impress him because I do think there's a chance he walks if they can't bring anyone in and if he does he will consider us.

    Don't see us as favorites, but I'm leaving the window open.

    But again I'll reiterate I don't think its Melo or bust. We still have other options out there to improve. Our former MVP's health is the biggest upgrade we can give ourselves.

  9. #24
    College superstar tamaraw08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,314

    Default Re: Are the Bulls even trying to trade for Carmelo?

    Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Aaron Afflalo is not bringing the Bulls to a championship. He's a nice small piece, but he's not what we need to bring us over the hump.

    Have you seen Carmelo play this year? He's playing harder than he's ever played before. It's taken a while, but I believe he's gotten to the point where he's serious about winning a championship. Melo has always had the potential to be a very good defender and he is at times he's just not consistent it with it. He actually does one of the best jobs at guarding Lebron in the league. He's also not had very good defensive coaches throughtout his career or a good defensive cast of teammates. I know his defense would improve immensely with Thibs and our system and roster.

    This year he's carrying the Knicks on his back. It's not his fault they are losing these games. He continues to score almost at will, but its the other facets of his game this year that are impressing me. He's getting after it defensively, he's hustling, he's rebounding and he's doing a great job of passing out of doubles and getting his guys good looks. I've also seen him be very encouraging and talkative to teammates something he wasn't always known for.

    I'm supporting going after him this offseason. I don't believe it's the only move we can make to improve but I do feel it's the most ideal one.

    With that being said I still think he's leaning towards staying in NYC. He will give them a discount, but they need to do something with that money somehow to impress him because I do think there's a chance he walks if they can't bring anyone in and if he does he will consider us.

    Don't see us as favorites, but I'm leaving the window open.

    But again I'll reiterate I don't think its Melo or bust. We still have other options out there to improve. Our former MVP's health is the biggest upgrade we can give ourselves.
    I never said just Arron Afflalo, I said 2-way playerS, as in plural.
    I don't think Carmelo can bring the Bulls over the hump either without a healthy Rose.
    Yes, I admit, I haven't been watching the guy who loves to dominate the ball too much lately.
    Probably its just a matter of preference. Yes, I prefer hardworking 2-way players who runs hard to their sweet spots, if open, shoot, if not pass the ball to open teammates esp the entry passes at the low post. Someone who don't hesitate to do extra stuff like rebound, provide picks and DEFEND hard. etc.
    But hey, you might be right. A great coach like Thibs always finds a way to make it work. I was wrong many times, including Bellinelli.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 02-26-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •