Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Melo willing to take a home town discount for Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    kobe to the knicks?
    Wilt Chamberlain to the Knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Kinda like the way Oakley beasted on Walker? You weren't always that great.
    Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Yup knowing your team hasn't won shit compared to his city where championships are won yearly really makes you feel better
    This is a very silly argument, do you really care about what titles your city won in being happy where you live? I used to love NY, but the Knicks never won a title, now I really want to move to Miami. Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Yeah Gallo gets hurt still an asset you coulda flipped as soon as the offseason after you got Melo. Gallo, Chandler, Mozzy are pieces that coulda been used. Same with Felton. We flipped him for Dre and Jordan Hamilton I believe, Dre for sure and a pick swap for J-Ham. That's not even taking into account your first round pick this year and the right to swap in '16. Tons of pieces to keep, move around, build with etc.

Melo really did himself dirty. Scared of the new CBA and wanted his extension. It was always NY yet helped Denver get a trade, even let the NJ rumors go nuts. Love that he did it for us, but if money wasn't an option he woulda pulled a LeBron/Bosh etc. on Denver.

Seriously can't think NY wouldn't be in a waaaaaay better position if Melo waited until FA and went to NY instead of taking everything NY had to offer for him?
    But he didn't. And seriously, I'm tired of hearing about the great position Denver is in, great position to do what? You're running in place, every big piece you have you give multiple years at a lot of money, and the one semi star you got ran away as fast as he could. And you had a great GM and you let him go. Are you in as bad place as the Knicks? **** no, but are you moving toward a title? No. Unequivocally no.

This is ridiculous, Denver fans still want to bag on Melo despite the fact he left and you are going to be first round out, first round out, miss playoffs. THe success is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    This is a very silly argument, do you really care about what titles your city won in being happy where you live? I used to love NY, but the Knicks never won a title, now I really want to move to Miami. Come on...
    This is sports forum, all we talk about here is sports. I don't care where you are from, if you ain't winning shit you can't talk smack about someone else city. Go to the OTC or somewhere else.

Oh and I lived in NY too, and I rather stay in ct than move back

This is sports forum, all we talk about here is sports. I don't care where you are from, if you ain't winning shit you can't talk smack about someone else city. Go to the OTC or somewhere else.

Oh and I lived in NY too, and I rather stay in ct than move back
    You don't even live in Boston but you are criticizing NY (lower than Boston) but you live in CT. And i was aiming that comment at Trentknicks too. Saying "my city is better than yours because we have more titles" is silly, sports forum or no. Especially when it's not your city.

I've been to CT more time than i can count, you're welcome to it. You lived in Boston, NY and you rather be in CT?

Basketball Genius

melo reportedly asked the knicks organization if they could give him a discount at every vending machine in the arena.

This is a silly topic btw, are aren't sure if he actually will take a discount, and i took all he said as a threat at the Knicks to improve or else.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    melo reportedly asked the knicks organization if they could give him a discount at every vending machine in the arena.

zzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Let's all remember Melo could have signed with the Knicks has a FA. He would be competing at championship level if he didn't gutted the Knicks.

But yeah if Melo takes a paycut and Amare opts out and takes a significantly smaller but longer contract, knicks could have some room to a least acquire a PG that actually deserves to play in the NBA.
    He couldn't have signed as a FA. Not even for a paycut. He would've been getting paid half of what he is now which it's unreasonable to expect him to take that much of a paycut.

This has nothing to do with this offseason. It's about the future in general. Taking a paycut won't help immediately as they will still be over the cap this offseason, but it would help significantly in 2015. They could go out and sign one of the big-time free agents of that year (Love, Rondo, Irving, Kemba, LMA, Marc Gasol) AND another piece or two.
    Last edited by DStebb716; 02-16-2014 at 04:38 PM.

I don't see Melo taking less to stay in NY. Why would he do that after a year like this? He might as well take less to play in another big market and he could find himself in a winning situation instantly.

No matter how much anybody hates the Knicks the clear appeal for stars is that winning in NY would trump winning in any other market RIGHT NOW. I'm not saying all-time or in the future, but NY is writhing for a championship. If LeBron, Melo or some other star were to bring one to NY then their star power increases tenfold INSTANTLY. Say LeBron was to somehow end up in NY and win a championship there... He would instantly move into every top five everywhere and have a legitimate shot at being considered the GOAT.

Unfortunately, there are just too many downfalls in NY for anybody to actually pursue that level of stardom there. James Dolan is a ****ing idiot. They constantly fire the wrong people. Hire the wrong coaches. Sign terrible contracts. Move draft picks for eternity in exchange for players that don't work out.

If I'm Melo, I leave. Realistically. But I don't see that happening.

Walker?
    Antoine Walker. How soon they forget...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'm tired of hearing about the great position Denver is in
    who have said that the last 8 months? since you are so tired of hearing about it

both nuggets and knicks are shit at the moment. but at least the nuggets got more assets to make trades and good draft picks going forward.

and i dont believe melo will take a discount. i'll believe it when i see it