Default Re: Sweetest Looking Jumpers Ever

Michael Jordan
    Reggie Miller
    Ray Allen
    Kevin Durant
    Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    Reggie Lewis's J was wet, but far from perfect. I loved it too, BTW.

J.R. Smith has a picture perfect jumper. Melo's form is also seemingly perfect, you think it's always going to go in.

Beautiful form doesn't always equal effective shooting.

I personally think Curry, who is the world best at this moment, doesn't have the most perfect form and he is arguably the best off-the-bounce shooter in history.

MJ and Kobe had the same, perfect form J.

Reggie Miller's looked a bit awkward, as did Peja's sometimes.

I agree that Wesley Person's J looked perfect.
    Reggie had actually a perfect looking form & release, its only after the release he tends to connect his hands kindof, its just some habbit.

Its like:

3. and here you can see his arm start going to his left hand, but it has no effect on the shot, he doesnt shoot it like that, its just a habbit AFTER the above which is absolutely perfect in every way.
    Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2014 at 06:41 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Steve Kerr

Carmelo Anthony!!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Reggie Miller's was not aesthetically pleasing at all. It was effective, but looked ugly as fck.

Michael Jordan on the other hand

Mo Williams:

Kyrie

Wade (i like his jumper)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    The snow doesn't put up much resistance though.

Banned

kyle korver is really good at forcing quick shots and shooting off balance. all he needs is a few inches of separation for a split second. just thought i would mention him.

but to me steph curry has the sweetest shot i've ever seen. his form isn't as textbook as ray allen but his quick release is so nice to watch. he has one of those shots that fans go crazy for no matter what the score is

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Reggie Miller's was not aesthetically pleasing at all. It was effective, but looked ugly as fck.

Michael Jordan on the other hand

It was very aesthetically pleasing to me and it certainly is more textbook than Jordans.... Your head, shoulders & feet should perfectly be facing the rim and you should be jumping straight up & come down on the same spot with both feet simultaneously.... body should be perfectly straight from head to legs...

But Jordans right arm, shoulder & foot is to much infront & hence left shoulder/body to much backwards, leaning... kicking his right foot out on the release aswell, left foot coming down first.... Jordan is literally shooting it sideways.... Kobe has that same jumpshot aswell.... Wade aswell..... This is how you would shoot a fadeaway going left.... but they do it even with nobody around :P

You can watch, praise Jordans/Kobes shot.... but copying their shot is a HORRIBLE idea if you want to be a pure shooter / the most accurate shooter you could ever be... Imitate Ray Allen instead....
    Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Were already 5 pages and no one even mentioned Peja Stojakovic.

What kind you people!

Calderon. And I always loved Michael redds jumper. Not the best just some guys I haven't seen mentioned who deserve one.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    It was very aesthetically pleasing to me and it certainly is more textbook than Jordans.... Your head, shoulders & feet should perfectly be facing the rim and you should be jumping straight up & come down on the same spot with both feet simultaneously.... body should be perfectly straight from head to legs...

But Jordans right arm, shoulder & foot is to much infront & hence left shoulder/body to much backwards, leaning... kicking his right foot out on the release aswell, left foot coming down first.... Jordan is literally shooting it sideways.... Kobe has that same jumpshot aswell.... Wade aswell..... This is how you would shoot a fadeaway going left.... but they do it even with nobody around :P

You can watch, praise Jordans/Kobes shot.... but copying their shot is a HORRIBLE idea if you want to be a pure shooter / the most accurate shooter you could ever be... Imitate Ray Allen instead....
    I don't post much, but as a huge basketball fan I feel like I have to correct this statement. If you are serious about becoming a better shooter, this guy disproves common shooting myths while also preaching good habits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYQcfliqOU

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

Last time I checked, the thread title wasn't: "Jumpshot that is best to imitate if you want to be a pure shooter/the most accurate shooter you could ever be."

I really have to go with Allan Houston's. So make a counter and add one to him. Also Kobe and Jordan. I guess regular jumper it's Allan Houston, all around Jordan.