Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: How come SG never go #1?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Because no one builds a team around a SG. It's the same reason MJ wasn't picked #1 in 84. History shows that the teams, who build their rosters around bigs (Russell,Wilt,Kareem,Hakeem,Shaq,Duncan) are more successful in the long run. There are only a couple exceptions like the 90s Bulls and the 00-10 Lakers with Kobe. Only 2 franchises in NBA history have won multiple titles led by a SG. Heat are an exception with Wade winning one in 06.

And both of those were coached by Phil Jackson, running the triangle offense. Will that ever happen again? Probably not.

Banned

because sgs are not known for the all round game. they are just for the offensive game.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    And both of those were coached by Phil Jackson, running the triangle offense. Will that ever happen again? Probably not.
    Sadly I think not. I'm surprised Phil still hasn't gotten a role in the Lakers franchise though, Jimbo must really hate the man or something. I'd love Phil in the Pat Riley role.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Sadly I think not. I'm surprised Phil still hasn't gotten a role in the Lakers franchise though, Jimbo must really hate the man or something. I'd love Phil in the Pat Riley role.
    Jim isn't very smart, hell look how long it took him to wise up on the Bynum for Dwight Howard deal. There was a time Jim would of never traded Bynum for anyone short of Lebron James.