Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Default Re: The NHL and why it sucks

Do you think a white Canadian could make the same kind of thread about American Football without being called a racist?

I have points I'll share later but first question is how does this sum up that the NHL sucks?

the Cup finals since 08 have been some of the best championship series NA has seen in awhile.

Det/Pit twice
    Bos/Chi
    Bos/Van
    Chi/Phi

most those series went 7 if i recall correctly with many intense close games. compared to yawner finals Mia/OkC, LAL/Orl, Cle/SAS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    That's BS. Look at the list of nationalities in the NBA. Look at how basketball is played around the world globally.

Dude, stop it. NBA had 84 foreign players 2012/13 including Canadians.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/10/30/i...night-rosters/

That is less than 20% non americans.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I have points I'll share later but first question is how does this sum up that the NHL sucks?
    I am still trying to figure that out. Canada has a strong hockey culture which is why they are spitting oput talent. That does not make the sport any worse just as the NBA does not get worse just because Americans have a lot of superstars.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

It's a great game, it doesn't suck just because you aren't into it. It is expensive to get into though, and it's even more expensive now than when i was playing.

Composite sticks came out my last two years of high school and weren't really popular. Now you can't find any wooden sticks.

we talking about going from 20 bucks to 150 bucks a pop. And those composites don't really much last longer than the wooden ones.

NHL players play with way more passion than a lot of NBA players do. Hockey also requires a full range of skill to be proficient at it, you can't just get by on size/athletic ability like you can in the NBA or NFL. If you didn't start playing hockey at a very early age you aren't doing anything significant.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    Do you think a white Canadian could make the same kind of thread about American Football without being called a racist?
    It's ok QuebecBaller. I already contacted the ish admins. I think you should as well. This topic was made to crap all over Canadians and white people and it should not be tolerated.

Banned

Hockey is a f*cking rich kid sport that only like 5% of the population can afford to play.

Stick, pads, skates, uniform, ice time, jesus christ you might as well have to be Donald trump to afford to get your kid the training he needs to reach the top, let alone play it casually.

Can't believe Canadians think Americans actually care about this sport. Stop projecting yourselves on to us, Canada!

Michican, Vermon and Minnesota, these are the only parts of America that care about hockey half as much as you do.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I can

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Hockey is a f*cking rich kid sport that only like 5% of the population can afford to play.

Stick, pads, skates, uniform, ice time, jesus christ you might as well have to be Donald trump to afford to get your kid the training he needs to reach the top, let alone play it casually.

Can't believe Canadians think Americans actually care about this sport. Stop projecting yourselves on to us, Canada!

Michican, Vermon and Minnesota, these are the only parts of America that care about hockey half as much as you do.
    Your such a bad troll. Not even smart enough to craft an agenda, atleast some of the others can actually drum up something to push.

People from America care. It's why some NHL teams sell out more games than NBA teams

Like any of this really matters tho.

Yup one of the best things about hockey is how much more they lay on the line for their sport, particularly basketball. The NbA is much more nonchalant and apathetic than when you watch hockey

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    dunno about basketball overtaking hockey in Toronto. Lot of the ethnic groups love hockey btw cus it is all they show on Canadian sports programing. ****ing **** even canceled court surfing
    love hockey, but i will only watch my team. Basketball i'll watch the raps plus any interesting match ups.oh and about court surfing

Transparent troll is transparent

Red Wings aren't more popular when both teams are doing well. They probably still get beat in local ratings by the Pistons and they suck balls right now.

Banned

My brother plays hockey and I can agree that it is quite expensive for a lot of people the sticks which he needs several of and for 5-800 dollars I think and the skates which goes for 1,000-1500 dollars.

Other things that costs is all the tournaments out of the city where you pay 1500-2000 dollar because they get hotels and stuff for a week.

But hockey is the sport where you really appreciate the heart and intensity they play with.

Banned

what bothers me about hockey is, it is nearly completely about physicality and speed. often they just tackle each other for like two or three minutes without doing anything else. a team barely completes more than 4-5 passes in a row without losing the puck again.
    its just not nice to watch imo because while u have to be skilled to score and make a final pass most goals come from coincidences. its just not like other sports where you see beautiful passing, plays or tactics.
    all you see in hockey is people rushing the floor in sonic speed and smacking each other around and suddenly someone forces a pass through to some guy for an assist or someone smashes a the puck on the goal and another player scores of a deflection.
    hockey sucks