Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Why Westbrook will never be truly elite:

He is what he is. An explosive PG with poor team skills.

Very good NBA starter

Dude was balling in december before he went down , and the Thunder were winning

21 ppg | 8 apg | 7 rpg | 1.6 spg | .45 FG% | .88 FT%

Give him some time to shake off the rust.

Well, Westbrook put 43 in a finals game, So he's elite already.

The guy is a freak of nature considering his size, He just needs to tone down his alpha mentality and let Durant do his thing.

Good college starter

I was making fun of Westbrook too but this thread is stupid. Just a complete overreaction to him missing that last three pointer. Servant bricked several shots right before that and even missed two free throws. Westbrook was probably in the zone and just took the shot.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

The same predictable scrubs on this forum come out and trash Westbrook on his second game back from injury. Maybe you all should check your own IQs before you post anymore on his forum.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Blame the coach that allows Westbrook to play that way. As long as Scott Brooks enables him to play like an idiot why do people expect him to change? A player like Westbrook needs Popovich type of discipline to become a good floor leader. As long as Brooks is coach Westbrook is destined to be a low IQ, inefficient chucker.
    Scott Brooks was NBA point guard himself

except he already is elite

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think I've only seen 2 games where I thought, "he's worthy of the praise he gets" otherwise he's a glorified 6th man.

Sounds like you saw him play 3 games.

Banned

he should be averaging about 12 assists a game dont know why he needs to chuck the ball

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by leMVP
    Well, Westbrook put 43 in a finals game, So he's elite already.

The guy is a freak of nature considering his size, He just needs to tone down his alpha mentality and let Durant do his thing.
    43 points alongside a lot of dumb plays late in the game (like intentionally fouling chalmers with 4 seconds left on the shot clock) that eventually cost them a chance to win the game.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Blame the coach that allows Westbrook to play that way. As long as Scott Brooks enables him to play like an idiot why do people expect him to change? A player like Westbrook needs Popovich type of discipline to become a good floor leader. As long as Brooks is coach Westbrook is destined to be a low IQ, inefficient chucker.
    +1, I've been saying that for a long time.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    You can't fix stupid.
    I'd like to hear who is on your elite guard list and how many guards you would honestly take over him.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    I'd like to hear who is on your elite guard list and how many guards you would honestly take over him.

I'll be waiting for your answer.
    CP3, Tony Parker, Rondo, Kobe, Wade are all far better basketball players, and are some of the guys I would call elite guards. If you swapped Westbrook with a healthy Rondo, with his supreme basketball IQ, court vision, passing prowess, and knack for team leadership, I would like OKC to win a series against anyone right now. Durant would see a 3pt boost in PPG and at least a 3% boost in FG%, and Rondo would average over 10 APG. Westbrook can create his own shot and play vicious defense, get to the rim at will and draw fouls, and is a good scorer. But he is just not smart enough to be a truly elite point guard in the NBA. Look beyond the stats.

Very good NBA starter

Why was no thread like this being made in December when Westbrook was killing it and not comin off a injury rusty?

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    CP3, Tony Parker, Rondo, Kobe, Wade are all far better basketball players, and are some of the guys I would call elite guards. If you swapped Westbrook with a healthy Rondo, with his supreme basketball IQ, court vision, passing prowess, and knack for team leadership, I would like OKC to win a series against anyone right now. Durant would see a 3pt boost in PPG and at least a 3% boost in FG%, and Rondo would average over 10 APG. Westbrook can create his own shot and play vicious defense, get to the rim at will and draw fouls, and is a good scorer. But he is just not smart enough to be a truly elite point guard in the NBA. Look beyond the stats.
    Please stop talking. Your telling me you would take current Rondo, Kobe, Wade over him? Stop trolling.

The times of having traditional PG's aka Stocktons is over. You need to be able to score and take pressure off your other star.

Westbrook is widely considered a top 5-7 player in the NBA.