Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

I've been an off and on member {more on than off} at various gyms for over decade so I've witnessed my fair share of f*uckery and utter neglect for basic gym etiquette.

Without a doubt, the main gym at my uni campus is by far the most bizarre place i've ever worked out. At all times of the day/evening, this place is more packed than a Target on black Friday. It doesn't take a genius to spot out the gym noobs, and as one would expect at a school, the majority of them are on the younger side. As a proponent of healthy living, i'm all for anyone taking the initiative to pursue a cleanlier lifestyle, but some of the activity I see on the regular can be nerve grating.

For instance;

If you approach me to inquire about how many sets I have left with a specified piece of equipment, and I respond with 2 or more, don't you dare just stand there or pause within my vicinity and wait for me to finish. Being the petty sob that I am, I will literally go out of my way to take my time.

Perhaps i'm knit-picking, but this is the type of annoyance that I encounter (without fail) almost every time I go to this particular gym.

AND LOOK AT THIS f*ucking MORON busting out a 20 foot handwalk like he's working for nickles at the local Sunday Circus. After about 5th performance, he left me no choice but to crack out the cam. Impressive stuff dude, but push that nonsense elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNHtL...IMpDBv3Vec6NWA

There's more............

Default Re: Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

Just yesterday I saw this one dude storm in like he was amping up for a big fight while wearing a pair of bright yellow kickboxers AND a fricken fanny pack. (Side note - he was clearly NOT a competitive fighter)

+

Let it go man...

Default Re: Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

Number one pet peeve- people who do any dumbbell exercise right at the dumbbell rack. You pick up your dumbbells, move to an open area, let people through to get their weights.

Also the thugs who purposely THROW down their dumbbells after an exercise. that grinds my gears

I also hate the people who know where I work and constantly say things like, "hey bud, give me some free supplements and I'll promote your product."

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Number one pet peeve- people who do any dumbbell exercise right at the dumbbell rack. You pick up your dumbbells, move to an open area, let people through to get their weights.

Also the thugs who purposely THROW down their dumbbells after an exercise. that grinds my gears

I also hate the people who know where I work and constantly say things like, "hey bud, give me some free supplements and I'll promote your product."
    YES!

That enrages me as well. It's as if some dudes need to be as close to the mirror as humanly possible. Ignoramuses...

1) The circle jerk crew crowding around a machine and telling stories how they fought some guy at a club or how the got laid last night. The ratio of BS'ing to workout is somewhere around 95/5.

2) The orgasm dude. We all know him because we can all hear this annoying douche bag. Mother****er is reenacting Rambo scenes while he is doing squats.

3) The guy that wears a snow hat inside the gym. Ye we get it you are trendy.

4) The old guy that decides to hang his towel on his shoulder instead of hiding his wrinkly balls. Ye we get it, you are old and don't give a shit. But this isn't your house where you can walk around naked.

5) Fat chicks walking on the treadmill when the gym is packed. I applaud you trying to lose weight but walking at an interval of a mile an hour while all the treadmills are taken is rude as ****.

6) The wannabe boxer. Practicing all his moves in front of the mirror in front of the weights.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    1) The circle jerk crew crowding around a machine and telling stories how they fought some guy at a club or how the got laid last night. The ratio of BS'ing to workout is somewhere around 95/5.

2) The orgasm dude. We all know him because we can all hear this annoying douche bag. Mother****er is reenacting Rambo scenes while he is doing squats.

4) The old guy that decides to hang his towel on his shoulder instead of hiding his wrinkly balls. Ye we get it, you are old and don't give a shit. But this isn't your house where you can walk around naked.

5) Fat chicks walking on the treadmill when the gym is packed. I applaud you trying to lose weight but walking at an interval of a mile an hour while all the treadmills are taken is rude as ****.

6) The wannabe boxer. Practicing all his moves in front of the mirror in front of the weights.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer

lololol @ all of these examples

Learning to shoot layups

the gym is 99% tools, OP.

NBA lottery pick

I saw this guy curling with his arms the leg machine that does your quads I forget what it called.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    I saw this guy curling with his arms the leg machine that does your quads I forget what it called.
    The leg extension machine??!!
    Jeezeez, that takes the cake.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    The leg extension machine??!!
    Jeezeez, that takes the cake.
    Yeah that one

1. Weight droppers.
    If you can lift it you can put it the **** down. If you can't put it down after a set, guess what Einstein, it's too heavy for you

2. Not putting weights back.
    This is not your bedroom, tidy the **** up

3. Weight hoarders.
    You're really using the 30's, 35's, and 40's all at once? **** you. Put them back.

4. The mind if I work between your sets guy.
    No, **** off and do something else.

5. Grunters.
    Minimal grunting is ok - it's not ok to make sounds like a bear is ripping your head through your asshole, or that you're having sex with GOBB's beast of a mom - hurr hurr hurr

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    The hot girls squatting more than me
    Hot girls squatting is ok with me

Lebron of ISH

I lift at a gym in my apartment building and it's usually pretty empty. This scrawny kid who was like 16 and probably never lifted before was there and tries to bench 200+ pounds. He starts with his neck right under the bar and barely gets it off the rack. The bar immediately falls down onto his neck and he's barely holding it up. Probably would have died if I wasn't there to get it off

What's out of control now is the mirror selfies in the change room. I swear, I may have accidentally photobombed a few dozen of them. What's worse is they coin the term now "swellfies"