Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    What's out of control now is the mirror selfies in the change room. I swear, I may have accidentally photobombed a few dozen of them. What's worse is they coin the term now "swellfies"

Oh please god no. **** that. Please tell me this isn't a thing

I'm dreading the day it makes it to my gym..

Default Re: Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    The guys that brag about working out for 2 hours at the gym. What the **** are you doing for 2 hours?!? Up the intensity **** eyes!

Guys that try to bicep curl heavy dumbbells by swinging back and forth. Put it down and pick up something you can do.

People walking on the treadmill.

"Johnny Bravos" Try doing a leg day needle dick.

Any man wearing a tank top and snapback.

Girls who think going to the gym is going for a night out in trainers. You look like a moron when you start sweating that make up off your face.

Girls lifting weights that weigh less than their handbags. You won't get huge muscles so stop worrying about it.

Meat heads handing out supplement advice I didn't ask for.
    Yeah the bolded... always makes me think why the **** are you wearing a snapback to the gym lol. And the guys swinging their arm like a pendulum, bringing "cheat curls" to a whole new level.

I gotta say though, what do you guys think about just incorporating a healthy dose of squats (and deadlifts) into your routine for "leg day"? I almost never use any leg isolation exercises. I'll do squats/deadlifts and on other days do cardio running/biking, but you'll never see me at the lex press/extension/curl machines.

In Terms of Attire:

I must say that over the past year and change i've noticed a shift in attire as well. It appears as though, there is a greater acceptance for males sporting spandex/sweat resistant articles of clothing.

There was at least 3 guys at the gym yesterday who were proudly rocking black spandex pants. I'm not a fan to say the least. Nobody needs to see or be amongst the presence of your bulge and buttocks crevices.

Further...

In all sincerity, can anyone tell me the advantage of sporting spandex under a pair of shorts? This is a trend that I find to have exploded over the past 2 years. For those that do, what benefits derive from wearing spandex over your shorts? Are your shorts not supple/flexible/forgiving enough for your exercise? Are they just that damn comfortable but you don't wanna be like the bulge boys that I named out above? MMA influence perhaps?

{Yes I realize these are joggers. Not trying to comb through google images for the perfect spandex pic}
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 02-25-2014 at 04:29 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    In Terms of Attire:

I must say that over the past year and change i've noticed a shift in attire as well. It appears as though, there is a greater acceptance for males sporting spandex/sweat resistant articles of clothing.

There was at least 3 guys at the gym yesterday who were proudly rocking black spandex pants. I'm not a fan to say the least. Nobody needs to see or be amongst the presence of your bulge and buttocks crevices.

Further...

In all sincerity, can anyone tell me the advantage of sporting spandex under a pair of shorts? This is a trend that I find to have exploded over the past 2 years. For those that do, what benefits derive from wearing spandex over your shorts? Are your shorts not supple/flexible/forgiving enough for your exercise? Are they just that damn comfortable but you don't wanna be like the bulge boys that I named out above? MMA influence perhaps?

{Yes I realize these are joggers. Not trying to comb through google images for the perfect spandex pic}
    I don't rock the compression pants underneath but I wear the compression shorts underneath my shorts cause I hate doing cardio or playing ball in regular underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    I don't rock the compression pants underneath but I wear the compression shorts underneath my shorts cause I hate doing cardio or playing ball in regular underwear.
    Makes sense. Thanks brother.

I used to play footy competitively and a number of my teammates would do the same. I just never bothered to ask them, but im sure they shared a similar reasoning.

College superstar

Makes sense. Thanks brother.

I used to play footy competitively and a number of my teammates would do the same. I just never bothered to ask them, but im sure they shared a similar reasoning.
    I wear skins compression leggings underneath shorts on legs day. The compression draws more oxygen to the muscles and I find I get a better result than when I don't wear them. This, however could be a placebo effect which means I could be talking bro science.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    My gym isn't very busy, and one day I was in the back using the free weights when a bodybuilder showed up with a photographer. He stripped down to nothing but red skivvies, and he rubbed baby oil all over himself while the photographer helped him. I tried to just work out and not feel terribly awkward while they did their little photo shoot(I was the only other person back there) but every piece of equipment he used got all slippery.

Shit was weird.

So invasive lol

I love how you were the only one there to witness this albatross. Too funny man...

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Fat chicks who wear yoga pants.

In Terms of Attire:

Further...

I wear compression everything, I feel 100x better after working out when I use them.....

and do not complain about shorts over them.... you do not want to see me without shorts on I guarantee that.... shorts over them is a must imo.

OP what gym do you go to?

NBA rookie of the year

As another poster stated, people who don't put weights back, especially the weight bench. They'll leave 4x45 lb barbells on each side and walk out.

The ones who hog up all the 5 and 10 lb barbells instead of grabbing the heavier ones

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I wear compression everything, I feel 100x better after working out when I use them.....

and do not complain about shorts over them.... you do not want to see me without shorts on I guarantee that.... shorts over them is a must imo.

OP what gym do you go to?
    I greatly respect the courtesy you posses for your fellow man.

At the moment, (due to literally having zero time) I do the majority of my workouts at the York campus gym, but my go-to facility is Vision on border of Mississauga/Etobicoke. It's nothing posh, but it's got that home away from home feel for me, seeing as how i've been a member there for about 6-7 years.

I greatly respect the courtesy you posses for your fellow man.

At the moment, (due to literally having zero time) I do the majority of my workouts at the York campus gym, but my go-to facility is Vision on border of Mississauga/Etobicoke. It's nothing posh, but it's got that home away from home feel for me, seeing as how i've been a member there for about 6-7 years.
    you live in the west end? I go to the Yonge- Dundas Goodlife. I'm a downtown guy all the way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    As another poster stated, people who don't put weights back, especially the weight bench. They'll leave 4x45 lb barbells on each side and walk out.

The ones who hog up all the 5 and 10 lb barbells instead of grabbing the heavier ones
    The people at my campus gym are infamous for this. There are times where the floor around the free weight area is just cluttered with dumbbells & curl bars, that you literally have to walk with your head down to avoid bailing on one. It's disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    you live in the west end? I go to the Yonge- Dundas Goodlife. I'm a downtown guy all the way though.
    I would surmise that a gym package at Goodlife on Yonge comes at a pretty penny no?

And yeah, for the time being. I'm a total city dweller at heart so I could see myself uprooting to Toronto once I graduate. It's kinda tough to justify the asinine real estate market in the core though. We'll see...

I would surmise that a gym package at Goodlife on Yonge comes at a pretty penny no?

And yeah, for the time being. I'm a total city dweller at heart so I could see myself uprooting to Toronto once I graduate. It's kinda tough to justify the asinine real estate market in the core though. We'll see...
    yeah right now im paying 1000 for a basement apartment but its in a nice ass neighborhood....this summer i wanna be south of college tho....i cant wait for summer. my god.

i used to work at loblaws so its cheap as f*ck for me