Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Black Rob question... how did he do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az7pn5zfUsU

^Lets get it

my favorite Black Rob contribution

my question is what happened to G dep? he was a decent rapper... Puffy was wasting talent

Also... That is the REAL HARLEM SHAKE BEING SHOWN IN THE VIDEO

G-Dep >> Black Rob.

I kind of liked this 2nd group of Bad Boy artist with Shyne, Dep, Rob and I think Loon, lol.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Black Rob - Like Whoa

This was pretty dope when it dropped; the first couple months or so thereafter anyway. Black Rob was never anything special throughout the duration of his career, but this track was bangin' and if you're on that backpacker shit like "fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k e-ga I never bumped this" then you a lie b/c being if you were of adequate age at the time you know damn well you nodded your head to this.

It's obviously the production more than anything and gritty voice of Black Rob that made this track such a success. It's amazing how one single song can have such grand success even when the artist themselves skill-wise is trash. Ace23 could even potentially make something of himself if he had the right beat and was creative enough to come up with a catchy enough hook to get dumb muthafu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kas bumpin' their heads for a hot minute to where they're compelled enough to dish out ninety nine cents on the track or drop ten bucks for the actual album.

First of all though, that fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kin' idiot can't rhyme or flow well much less decent enough to save his own life to withstand two or three verses long enough to hold the fort down until the catchy hook comes in, so that thought is out the window, but I'm just sayin' the point is anyone could become a rap star almost overnight just as Black Rob did ... all you need is a mass appeal instrumental and a catchy hook to bait enough people to get a Gold or even Platinum single. I'm not sure if Black Rob is still eatin' off that one hit, and he's surely a superb definition of a "one-hit-wonder" but there's no doubt dude got paid off investing what had to be no more than 15 minutes to acquire his 15 minutes of fame.

So come on Ace, what the fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k you doin' being Black Rob's stunt double when you could be out there being the man all on your own? Time for you to blow up like whoa!

I agree that he isn't a good rapper per se, specially when compared to his peers at the moment. But he's far from a one hit wonder.

The dude released two good albums, balancing the line between mainstream and raw/grittiness. He is essentially a poor man's DMX but knew how to make fulfilling enjoyable albums.

Yeah he wasn't a great rapper, but he gave you enough to get by and never left you rolling your eyes at the shit he spat. He had a good mic presence and knew how to write to the beats. He had a GREAT ear for beats as well.

Remember I said he wasn't a 'one hit wonder'? that's cause he wasn't. He had this placement on the Slam soundtrack that was legit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gafWrSRGEyM

I used to bump his albums all the time, even above some of the better hip hop artists that were technically better 'Mcees'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os-U8waUIh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpuBuePjbE

As a rapper he's about average
    His albums tho.... 8.5/10

I will say this tho....

Black Rob>>>>most artists today

and he was an average rapper

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Nah, it's more like most of the shit being churned out nowadays is garbage. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. I can put on any Master P track from '97 and still know it's pure ass. And in 15 years if I put on some chief keef I'll feel the same exact way.

There's good and then there's shit. Time has no bearing.
    This.

If shit is good then it's good.

If shit is whack then it's whack.

Problem is, most of today's music is simply whack.

Claiming that opposing views are 'nostalgic' is nothing but insecurity.

Not related, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrF-ERhVWLc

Dudes wanna say we're full of nostalgia when we state that past era >>> today are deaf.

Black Rob was decent. He's had some good verses in his career.