Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default does anyone actually thought Leo DeCap was robbed by Matthew McCon?

if you do, then you are incorrect. As great as LEo was in Wolf, MM's performance in DBC was just too good to not win. Heck every critic had MM as the favorites for the Oscars.

Default Re: does anyone actually thought Leo DeCap was robbed by Matthew McCon?

I preferred Leo and Chewitel to be honest but overall body of work, McCon was def the best

Banned

After watching Dallas Buyers Club, I believe Matty Mac is the greatest actor today.

1. Matty Mac

2. Bale
    3. Leo

That little part that Matt had on Wolf of Wall Street is good comparison of the two, side by side and Matt looked like the star.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    After watching Dallas Buyers Club, I believe Matty Mac is the greatest actor today.

1. Matty Mac

2. Bale
    3. Leo

That little part that Matt had on Wolf of Wall Street is good comparison of the two, side by side and Matt looked like the star.

You for reals? If so, damn I gotta go watch Dallas Buyers Club.

Am I the only one who finds Bale overrated? He has had some nice performances but most of the time, he's either hamming it up or really bland

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Am I the only one who finds Bale overrated? He has had some nice performances but most of the time, he's either hamming it up or really bland
    I think he's a very good character actor and quite good at transforming himself into the person he's playing. When he's doing big movies like Batman or Terminator I find him a bit more boring.

Ejifor > Dern > Mcconaughey > DiCaprio = Bale

All great performances though

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Leo's trying to hard to win an Oscar. It is so obvious.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

he's not trying too hard it's just that his obnoxious fans are claiming he should win every year. He was really good in WOWS, but just not good enough. his best scenes were the one where he was on ludes and had to crawl down the steps and the scene after that trying to help jonah hill's character from choking

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I think he's a very good character actor and quite good at transforming himself into the person he's playing. When he's doing big movies like Batman or Terminator I find him a bit more boring.
    Bale was amazing in The Fighter, a performance that surprised me.

I really enjoyed Dallas Buyers Club, but I think McConaughey was really helped by True Detective being on the air as people were voting. Also, a guy fighting the system to buy AIDS medication is a more heroic role than a guy fighting the system to steal millions from small investors and show his contempt for anyone else. I don't feel DeCaprio was robbed, but if he won, I wouldn't feel that McConaughey was robbed. They both were very good.

Also by the time you get the last 5 performances, you can always make the argument someone got robbed. I don't feel in any this is a Dances With Wolves over Goodfellas situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    he's not trying too hard it's just that his obnoxious fans are claiming he should win every year. He was really good in WOWS, but just not good enough. his best scenes were the one where he was on ludes and had to crawl down the steps and the scene after that trying to help jonah hill's character from choking
    Now that you say this, the other disadvantage DeCaprio had is, he was in essentially a comedic role, which doesn't get as much respect in terms of difficulty.

The scene when he's on the Lemon Ludes is a classic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

1. Matty Mac

2. Bale
    3. Leo

That just means amazing acting from Leo. He was supposed to be playing a scrub upstart and MM was playing a hotshot superstar in their scenes together-for one of the most charismatic actors in the world to downplay his charisma enough to get outshone by an opposing actor-now that is world class acting right there.

The reason for the awards is this.

MM played an activist with AIDs.

Leonardo Di Caprio played a badass CEO drug addict mysoginist.

MM won for political reasons only, just like how that shit Disney movie won out against one of Hiyao Miyazakis greatest films.

If Leo ain't winning an Oscar my boy Pitt has to

no.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Im the only one who had to google who Dicaprio is?

-ace